• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin giving me heart issues?

soundsystem00

Bluelighter
I have been strung out on Gabapentin for years. It is my go-to when I am trying to get sober. I have even had friends call them my sober pills. I take the max dose which I think is 800mg three times a day for me. Sometimes I double my dose to catch a buzz. Last night my heart was pounding out of my chest. I had taken an extra the day before. I noticed that my body goes into mini withdrawals all the time when I miss a dose or double a dose the day before. I think that could possibly be what causes them. Last night my heart was pounding and I meditated and took a half gabapentin ( 400mg ) and fell asleep.

That being said, it could be many other things. I drink monsters everyday, eat a lot of fast food, take wellbutrin, and a lot of unhealthy shit. I also have high anxiety. To the point where the blood vessels in my eyes pound. I have RLS too but the gabapentin cures that.

Anyone have experience with gabapentin? It does not work on the gaba recepters btw, it is an anti convulsant that works on the central nervous system. Just thought that I would add that because a lot of my friends associate it with the gaba receptor because it says gaba but that be a lie.

There are Megathreads about Lyrica and gabapentin. Use the search engine. It's been gone over so many times that I'm afraid you might not get an answer and I do want you to find whatever it is you're searching for about gabapentin. I take it daily but only at 600mgs before bed so I can't help you.

I don't have any experience with gabapentin but plenty with pregabalin. It sounds to me like rebound anxiety from your previous day hefty dose, plus monsters and wellbutrin can cause it by themselves.

Ya know what, I think it?s the damn Wellbutrin. I?ve only noticed it since starting the Wellbutrin. I don?t notice it helping my anxiety anyway. Maybe I should quit it. It doesn?t even have wds does it?

And thanks for the recommendation on the mega thread but I don?t really do mega threads.

Just out of curiosity, how many of the Monsters do you drink a day and are they the tall cans? My guess is that the pounding heartbeat is caused by them.

Just out of curiosity, how many of the Monsters do you drink a day and are they the tall cans? My guess is that the pounding heartbeat is caused by them.

I don?t think it?s the monsters. I don?t get the pounding heart until 12 hours or more later when I?m trying to sleep. I just drink one regular sized can per day.

Ya know what, I think it?s the damn Wellbutrin. I
My first intro to Wellbutrin was when my pal got out of jail and had learned to snort them while inside. We got strung out on those pink fuckers for quite some time. I could really tell some tales about those days ;)

My first intro to Wellbutrin was when my pal got out of jail and had learned to snort them while inside. We got strung out on those pink fuckers for quite some time. I could really tell some tales about those days ;)

haha!! Nice. I actually got the privilege of snorting Adderol when I was in jail. Well, one of the times. Oh and gabapentin. WEE! Well I wouldnt snort them, just stock up and down a bunch of store day.

Update : I?m on day two without Wellbutrin and I think that is what it was. Shame because Wellbutrin didn?t have any side effects. That being said, I feel like it was a sugar pill. I never noticed it doing anything good.