• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Growing Full spectrum LED lights

kenlee

Bluelighter
Are full spectrum led lamps good enough for flowing a auto flower strain? The lamps give off a purple looking light and run cool which means it’s better for a stealth grow and means less electricity than a HPS lamp

Salutations KenLee,

Are full spectrum led lamps good enough for flowering a auto flower strain?

Well i'd be curious to see a spectral graph corresponding to "Full-Spectrum" exactly but it turns out home-cultivation is banned in my province, so the opportunity for such fine hobby has passed for me since it became relatively theoretical, yet i figure you may find useful tips in some YouTube channel which although at 1st glance seemed like SPAM to me actually proved being some great suggestion from an alpha member on a cannabis cultivation board where i spent some time during the late Christmass season, as i recall:

YouTube: Toward an Optimal Spectral Quality for Plant Growth and Development (2019-Oct-10)

The idea of power efficiency partly depends on the simple fact that LED thechnology generally works in narrow bands i think, so in order to cover the full spectrum (which i arbritrarily define as 360 ~ 780 nm...) one needs around a dozen 35 nm LED bands, with energy suitably distributed to meet healthy vegetation requirements. For example i was impressed when i tried a bunch of "blue" (4200 °K) CFL lamps on seedlings and observed how short it kept all cotyledons. The guy on that video appears to demonstrate far-Red shouldn't be left under-estimated, personally i'd like him to check all 12 bands from my hypothetical scenario, searching for some single band(s) that's never essential throughout a growing session, from seedling to harvest. After all, the economical aspect of LEDs technology is that this involves wasting less spectrum contribution(s) coresponding to bands where plants are less receptive - hence that can be sacrificed without much penalty - while with HPS tubes as little as ~20 % of the whole spectrum is really nourishing cannabis plants (80 % is heat)... And that's a major advantage already, on top of heat management!

Lets wish you get lucky follwing that trail.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
Are full spectrum led lamps good enough for flowing a auto flower strain? The lamps give off a purple looking light and run cool which means it’s better for a stealth grow and means less electricity than a HPS lamp
If you want to discuss from this.... Meaning Led grow lights,hit me up with DM if you want because this area IS my specialty

LEDs are cool but there's no fucking with fluorescents for that can-get-it-at-Home-Depot factor

Are full spectrum led lamps good enough for flowing a auto flower strain?
You should ask this guy, he has some of them hanging. =D

Short answer is sure, it's possible. People have managed to grow good bud under it, there are better options, but it's fine.