View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Friend seems messed up in the had after lsd second time

Canticle

Greenlighter
My friend tried lsd for the first time about 2 and half weeks ago, the first experience opened his mind up to a whole different level (I've never done any Psychedelic Drugs) so he said and it seemed as if he was trying to grasp whatever he was opened up to for the next few days, than a 3 days later he dropped 1 tab for the second time and this one got him good, it's been two weeks now and he always seems different he is very paranoid randomly thinking that the world is going to end and he doesn't feel safe ever. When trying to talk to him he is always on a different page and claims to be able to know what i'm saying in my head. He is so distraught it's worrying his friends and even his family has noticed it now, real bad mood swings and such. He is a completely different person now and seems to have lost sanity no one knows where the old him is. I know sometimes the effects linger for a day or two after but after two weeks it's starting to worry me that we will never see the old him again, has anyone else seen a friend go through this from lsd will he ever be the same as he was? should we just give it more time and hope he is back to normal or what?

Happens every now and again, and it sucks.
If he's youngish it could be just a bit of temporary psychosis, or schizophrenia tends to make itself known in the late teens to twenties. A doctor or two is in order, but....outside of that
What your friend needs is time, sobriety (no booze, no weed), normalcy, plenty of good food, and sleep. Maybe have him go to the doctor about his anxiety and get a small script of benzos without talking about the acid. .. If he ain't getting right and he's doing all of that, then it's doctor time no ifs ands or buts.
He'll probably slowly come out of it over the following weeks though.

Yeah that all definitely sounds like psychosis, he needs psychiatric treatment. It's unfortunate but it does happen. I've had a few friends who have gone through something similar, and after some time at the hospital they recover, but just no more drugs ever.

No more drugs ever? So would him smoking weed be negative for him now ? If so please explain

Well it is very circumstantial-dependent, but it will likely be in his best interest to not use anything that alters his consciousness. This includes cannabis, which despite its very mild reputation can have very negative effects on people who are susceptible to psychosis. Your friend still needs to be get psychological treatment and be diagnosed, so it really is hard to say anything is definite.

My best friend 35 years ago or so did a bunch of really good coke for a week or two and then I didn't see him for a while, then a couple weeks later he showed up at my house saying that there were people watching him and there were microphones in the weirdest places...he NEVER came back. He went TOTALLY SCHIZOID. He is STILL that way.
Moral of the story is this: SOMETIMES a person with a pre-existing, but undiscovered, condition does a drug that brings latent problems to light...and the person never comes back, and the problems never go away.

On the bright side: if two hits of LSD sent him to LaLa Land forever, then he was probably going to go crazy sooner or later anyway.

Last edited:
No more drugs ever might be a bit harsh, but no more drugs for the next month might not be harsh enough. Weed real does have a knack of taktaking any paranoid and/or psychotic notion one may have and bring it right up to the surface.

Many people have ended up in states similar to his (including myself) and have been fine. You're not crazy if you know you're crazy right?

No more drugs ever? So would him smoking weed be negative for him now ? If so please explain

Weed has strong negative effects on people disposed to psychosis, especially if they're currently experiencing psychosis. He should absolutely not smoke ANY weed at least until he gets back to normal from this current episode. I believe that is very important. Perhaps in the future he will be able to carefully use drugs again but right now it is crucial that he does not.

I'd like to back that up too, from what I've seen from friends who've gone a little bit this way, weed should definitely be avoided here. Even though weed can seem very harmless, it's really bad for people experiencing paranoia or these psychotic/schitzophretic type behaviour. It seems that MJ can really trigger or foster these types of delusional mindstates, and if you have any way of helping him to not smoke weed, you'll be doing him good. He needs is a big long rest from anything psychoactive, and that very definitely includes no weed.

weed is worse for this sort of thing than LSD is, if you're already slipping up then weed will send you further into crazy. even if he has had mainly positive experiences in the past with weed it will probably not be the same now and lsd has been known to 'inform' weed highs afterwards if that makes sense

weed is worse for this sort of thing than LSD is, if you're already slipping up then weed will send you further into crazy. even if he has had mainly positive experiences in the past with weed it will probably not be the same now and lsd has been known to 'inform' weed highs afterwards if that makes sense
Indeed, as much as I love weed, it seems to take on traits from your drug trips, good or bad. Right now, it gives me major headaches, and I associate that with having done 25i some time ago. At other times, like after an LSD trip, it has been profoundly psychedelic and I've loved getting high. Right now though, weed blows it seems...

^As above RE the weed. The only drugs I would recommend are benzos. You really need to try and talk them through everything and explain to them the irrationality in believing the world is going to end. They may have thought it was going to end but it never did. I had a similar thought that bothered me for a good few years after taking psychedelics and the most important thing I ever did was realise that I didn't have to think about that thought. I think that's probably one of the most important things I've ever learnt. If a thought doesn't serve you, disregard it. Psychedelics tend to be a metaphorical lesson. Encourage your friend to find/see the positive. Benzos will help to alleviate the anxiety, and might be a good time to talk them through things. Just make sure they don't rely on them.

My friend tried lsd for the first time about 2 and half weeks ago, the first experience opened his mind up to a whole different level (I've never done any Psychedelic Drugs) so he said and it seemed as if he was trying to grasp whatever he was opened up to for the next few days, than a 3 days later he dropped 1 tab for the second time and this one got him good, it's been two weeks now and he always seems different he is very paranoid randomly thinking that the world is going to end and he doesn't feel safe ever. When trying to talk to him he is always on a different page and claims to be able to know what i'm saying in my head. He is so distraught it's worrying his friends and even his family has noticed it now, real bad mood swings and such. He is a completely different person now and seems to have lost sanity no one knows where the old him is. I know sometimes the effects linger for a day or two after but after two weeks it's starting to worry me that we will never see the old him again, has anyone else seen a friend go through this from lsd will he ever be the same as he was? should we just give it more time and hope he is back to normal or what?

My friend is the same way he used to be down to hoop or do whatever all the time but after he did acid he turned into a huge couch potato and never wants to do anything but sit at home. He was also paranoid before, but now hes super paranoid and always has some weird a** theory about everything that happens.

Time and sobriety are going to be key for your friends recovery. I agree that seeing a doctor very well may be in order. The fact of the matter is that in many cases people have no idea exactly what drug they are getting or what it may be cut with. Take this as a lesson and do what you can for your friend. Keep an eye on your friends condition day to day and take note of whether he is getter worse or better, if he's getting better encourage that, if not see what you can do as far as getting him to a doctor. If his condition is rapidly deteriorating don't hesitate to reach out for help. Best of luck.

I take anti-psychotics now. I certainly had some pre-disposed mental illness. I think i wasn't paranoid enough. My level of not being paranoid was too low for my own good. Now I get very anxious when I get high, ESPECIALLY on weed. Less so on psychedelics. I feel the world is going to end, but maybe not for another 30-40 years...is that a normal though or a paranoid thought?? I haven't done drugs in 11 months now and doing much better. Rarely drank those 11 months too. I feel I could go back to weed but I like psychedelics better so if I went back to anything I'd probably choose psychedelics.

I will never go off my anti-psychotics, but rather induce a diminished trip on the anti-psychotics mixed with the drugs if I were to do it again.

When you do communicate with him; try to be supportive. psychosis is a sensative state of mind; i've had similar experiences. and it helps if you use supportive, constructive, understanding communications.

In my own experience I have learned that sometimes psychedelics can open up the sensory filters on reality a bit more than the mind was prepared to accept at that time. This can throw the mind, specifically the ego, into a state of paranoid delusion that will cause it to examine, assess, and question everything in order to try and establish or re-establish the foundations of reality upon which it previously had placed it's throne and considered itself the king of all it surveyed. The ego tends to run around like a headless chicken when you knock the foundations out from under it.

There are no easy answers if this is this case, your friend needs to re-establish the foundations and boundaries of the interpretations of reality that their mind will be secure with. Psychology may help, prescription drugs may help, or it might be that they just need to not do any sort of drugs for a while and meditate on the experience to gain understanding. This is something only your friend can really learn to deal with though and it will probably take quite some time for their mind to sort it all out.

Peace and love to them, it is not an experience I would wish on anyone.