View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Food, tripping, and the munchies

TheAzo

Bluelighter
A similar thing has happened a few times before (ie, this is a frequent problem for me when i trip).

When i trip, i often times don't feel like it really hits me until i smoke weed. Last night I was having a great time having taken some 2C-T-2. Then the munchies hit, and i ate some food. After that point, i lost most of my trip, and started just eating stuff (more than i ever would normally, even with weed). It completely killed the trip. I've heard people say that food is grounding, and it most definitely is... i cut my trip off shortly after the peak began.

It's really hard to not eat food though when i've smoked... but if i don't smoke, the trip doesn't seem to get off the ground.

Does anyone have any reccomendations other than "try to ignore food while tripping", which as i've said i seem to have a real hard time with.

Try drinking coffee or using tobacco, those both seem to suppress my appetite. Maybe eat beforehand.

hmm I kinda like eating while im tripping. Never had any adverse effects on me. Except when I ate 5MeO-AMT that stuff always makes me puke. Loads of junkfood looks digusting coming back up. Skittles: regurgitate the rainbow lol

I love eating on psychedelics. I don't eat usually during the peak, but when i'm starting to notice the first signs of coming down (or in the case of acid +4-5 hours) I usually will make some food. Cooking while tripping has always been a bunch of fun, of course if I'm tripping to hard I'll wait till it is manageable. I try and avoid the use of knives though.

I usually don't eat the entire day beforehand so for me I know I'll have to eat at some point and for me its usually right after I come up and the nausea subsides or I puke.

One time while tripping I discovered how awesome fresh pineapple can be :)

I've never really had a problem ignoring food during the trip, even after smoking some weed. I just like to eat to add some sensation, rather than to kill hunger

I've had a lot of fun eating fruits while tripping as they are very hand held. They offer a powerful flavor experience and depending on the fruit interest textures. I'll usually forget I'm eating something and notice I have a half eaten fruit. I become over joyed and experience this over again. Oranges are awesome as they are strong flavored and are filled with juice wrapped in a membrane. If that isn't a hilarious thing while tripping than I don't know what is.

I usually have food set to eat during the trip if I get hungry, but if I do eat, I usually eat part of what I set out, than forget about it for 5-6 hours then am like WOMGz FOOD. Same with water and soda.

"Acid munchies" post-peak and during the comedown are a regular occurence for me, it takes five or six hours for me as well.

tripping puts an enormous strain on the body and mind. the munchies after a peak are surely a combination of sensory stimulation (womgz i never tasted an apple this juicy) with a carnal need for nourishment (blood sugar depletion, dehydration)

i must say i can't eat during a peak, only afterwards.

My psych of choice is LSD so that always completely removes my appetite. The only time I actually was so hungry I had to eat was on a day I had forgotten to eat so I ate an apple during my peak, it didn't seem to dampen it at all.

Everyone should try eating strong flavored fruits at least once during their psychedelic carreer.

Nothing can explain how oranges or kiwis taste on LSD... 8o truley awesome :)

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with eating while tripping. It's not so bad to be somewhat grounded. I find it really uncomfortable to run on empty/not eat anything for many hours--it leads to feelings of depletion and discomfort. As others are saying, fruit is great to eat when tripping. So is some nice soup or hot cereal with raisins, lots of stuff.

steamed white rice has one of the most heavenly simple flavors i've ever tasted
roasted veggies are also excellent
and nothing beats buttered toast :)

personally I enjoy nutritious, flavorful foods such as fruits/veggies whilst tripping. a family dinner of thai curry coming off of my new years eve acid trip was probably the best thing I've tasted trippin out.

my buddy took a handful of popcorn during the peak of our first acid trip. then i took a handful.... all i can say is that your food shouldnt be moving around like a glob of worms in your mouth.

Everyone should try eating strong flavored fruits at least once during their psychedelic carreer.

Nothing can explain how oranges or kiwis taste on LSD... 8o truley awesome :)

This man speaks the truth!....Well except for the fact that I would exchange kiwi with pineapple.:)

I find post peak by a bit I definitely get munchies; whether i've smoked pot or not.

Same with stimulants too. I just have a high metabolism and small stomach and eat frequently throughout the day. So if any drug has longer than a 4-5 hour duration I'm likely going to have to eat after the peak.