Site Feedback Focus Forums? Where do opiaites and benzos go?

Tony Williams

Bluelighter
Ecstasy Discussion
Cannabis Discussion
Steroid Discussion
Psychedelic Drugs
Then we have OTHER DRUGS?

What I fail to understand is why we have ONE drug like ecstasy with it's own section yet a huge amount od drugs like opiates and benzos are stuffed in the OD section? Like Psychedelic Drugs is a collected set. OR do they crossover too much?

Ecstasy Discussion
Cannabis Discussion
Cocaine Discussion
(Meth)Amphetamine Disscussion
Steroid Discussion

The single drugs here are aimed at one I added amphet and cocaine as they are the most popular drugs.

Psychedelic Drugs
Opoids and Opate Drugs
Benzodiazapines and sleeping pill drugs
Other drgus

I added opis and benzos as they are both huge sections of drugs which would leave other drugs free for all the others. maybe even add one for other types Stimulent drugs which would be everything but cocaine, amphs

Anyway, just an idea as thered be less clutter in OD

I think that most people using benzos are also using either opioids or stimulants with them, so there would be way too much overlap for it to have its own forum. Like people who want to ask a question about taking benzos after amphetamines, where would they post that if we have a focus forum for each one? And what about the countless threads on using benzos to aid with opiate detox? There was some discussion about splitting opiates/opioids into their own forum, but it never happened.

The focus forums focus on drugs that are frequently taken on their own, leaving a lot less room for overlap.

i was very suprised to see opies dont have there own forum. i mean really who the fuck uses roids more then opiates nowadays? lol
edit: i do not think benzos would get many hits cuz theres not many people who are strictly barheads but IMO opiates should be added

^ Steroids has its own forum because it's very specific. A lot of people that use steroids only use steroids, and having it combined with any other drug wouldn't make much sense. With opiates, a lot of people do only use them, but a lot also do speedballs, or use them with benzos. Then a lot of people use stimulants with benzos. There is a lot of overlap between the classes of drugs withing the Other Drugs forum. Also, IV complications which are covered in OD are usually from either opiates/opioids, crack/cocaine, or methamphetamine, so grouping them together makes sense.

thanks Tommy, point taken. Maybe still?? then a combo section? wher people can chat about speedballin etc

Heh search engine wont fail. :)

hey tony.

to add to what tommyboy says, the forum layout on bluelight is very much a function of the manner in which bluelight has evolved. in the early days, there was a big focus on mdma and other drugs were covered as the forum expanded organically. it may appear lopsided but it's somewhat entrenched now and the community, generally speaking, understands it.

alasdair