Flying internationally (us-canada) with warrants

hiroshi

Bluelighter
Out of curiosity, if you try taking a flight from the US into Canada (or anywhere else for that matter, but canada in this case) , how thourough of an identification check do they do on you..

for an example..

say you have a felony warrant for drug possession (small time) issued for you that you arent aware of, and you are flying to Canada for business (leaving the next morning).. would your name possibly be flagged when passing through customs?

( was just thinkin about this the other day, and figured id ask )

imo a small time charge wouldn't ring bells. i could be completely wrong tho.

There is certainly a possibility.

Not much is known about what EXACT criteria and systems are in place to track the whereabouts of all of us post 9/11 in airports.

If anyone were to have outstanding warrants, I would urge them to find a reputable attorney, and with the assistance of their attorney turn themselves in to the police. I would not advise that person to attempt to leave the country.

Getting warrants taken care of in a timely manner is more likely to leave a favorable impression on the authorities... there is a certain peace of mind in knowing the law isn't out to get you anymore.

yeah i agree, don't even think about fleeing until you're facing hard time, you said its only a small time possession charge so I'd look into turning yourself in and taking the probation or whatever.

The only time fleeing is even a choice is when you have little to nothing to lose. If you're facing 25-life then you might want to find some friends in Mexico who can get you plane tickets elsewhere in the world

lol, nah.. i wasnt refering to myself, and i didnt mean taking a trip to "flee" , I was just curious if your job had you flying into canada, and returning (think i said leaving rather then returning, so i guess that caused the confusion) the following morning, if the warrant would be flagged..