• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Fluoxetine fuck up my dick what antidepressants can i use that won't stop me from nutting?

ive been on ssri type drugs for 5 years total and I've had this problem the whole time, i too turned to more and more fucked up shit and still i cant cum. because of my inability to orgasm on occasion I fapped for 3-6 hours this caused skin abrasions.
2 years ago i switched to Sertraline, because of the persistent problems I've been having with fluoxetine, and because i was a little fucking rebel i decided to quit that as well. cause i was stupid i decided to quit cold turkey, like i had done a month or two prior to switching to sertraline. i thought that it wouldn't be that bad just like quitting the fluoxetine, oh how fucking wrong i was. I couldn't sleep for a week because every time i yawned* i got a cattle prod in the back of my skull, turns out one of the major reasons you shouldn't quit sertraline cold turkey is that your brain isn't use to the serotonin/lack of it, and it decides the best course of action is to zap you in the back of your head for a week strait. also i felt like shit and i think i caused brain damage in myself cause of my fucking stupid actions,

Moral of the story is that while I'm glad Sertraline is working for you, my body's response to my medication is likely going to be different than yours is to yours. and don't be an idiot like me and to stop taking it without the proper precaution.

*what i mean "by yawing caused the zaps" is that I could trigger the zaps by yawning. not just the mouth opening and yawn, yawning either i mean like that sound you get when you yawn. I think that's something to do with serotonin release. I could do that sound when on command and it would zap me.

Sorry to hear that, man.
Oh, Sertraline (while certainly not recreational or something you can abuse) is definitely addictive in the sense that you become very physically and mentally dependant on it. A long time ago, when I had been on it three or four years I was in hospital (for a completely unrelated reason) and the doctor accidentally removed it from my list of medications. I'm on 12 prescription meds, so I didn't notice not having the pills as I was talking so many. I remember suddenly having very extreme, disturbing nightmares and getting panic attacks what felt like every 15/20 minutes. I also became rapidly depressed, going from normal to suicidal in about 4 days. I FINALLY noticed one morning it was missing. I asked the nurse - she went and spoke to the doctor - and came back pale and looking really worried (I figured later it was 'cause they thought I might sue*) and said they had stopped giving me it 6 days ago and she was VERY sorry, it should never have happened. Literally within 24 hours of taking it again I was back to normal.

*I did not sue. It was a genuine mistake and the NHS has been extremely good to me over the years.

HI JoshLobbs!
Years ago when I finally succumbed to taking antidepressants, it took several misses before the doctor and myself got it right. I suffered from the same sexual side effects that you have. Not being able

to orgasm. It became VERY frustrating, so much so that I almost quit taking my meds. I was more depressed! When I told my doctor what was going on, he added Wellbutrin (buproprion) in the a.m.

I take Celexa at night. Its the perfect cocktail for me and it works. Good Luck.

I have tried out many antidepressant/anxiety medications. I had the same problem, with a lot of them. I could not get hard on some, or couldnt cum on others. My doctor finally put me on Sertraline (Zoloft). I initially could not cum when I started taking them, but after about 2 months, everything was good again. And, as a bonus, I have not had any other adverse effects, either. Except for a little dry mouth. I have been taking them for three years now. I definitely recommend. I hope everything works out for you.

^^^^^^^ That is the first time I've ever heard of SSRI's making some one bisexual! lol I am gay and have been on many drugs, but none have ever up and completely changed my attraction or sexuality. Interesting. I heard about this from other people & other drugs & have always wondered if it truly was the drugs that changed their sexuality, or if they already had these attractions & the lowered inhibitions from the drugs made them able to act upon their desires. If it's the former, this would suggest neurotransmitter involvement in attraction & sexuality, which I've never seen any literature about (though it could exist) & might be interesting (to me anyway).

As for OP, everyone can react differently to meds. So what one person recommends works fine for them may not even work for you.

For me, I found that Wellbutrin (buproprion) & Effexor had the least amount of libido-killing effects. In fact, in high enough doses of Effexor it actually made me pro-sexual and even manic. But if you have issues with your heart & blood pressure, I would be careful with the Wellbutrin as it can be stimulating & there are seizure risks.

The best thing that worked for me was getting off SSRIs/SNRI's altogether. But I realize this might not work for everybody. I find opioids to be the best antidepressants and they actually give me random rock hard erections (without even feeling horny). Anyone else ever have this? Although in the spirit of harm reduction, I wouldn't recommend someone who isn't already addicted, to use opioids for depression.

Either way, good luck OP!
Cocaine Made me bicurious AND ended up getting my. Dick fucked by my friend. It was outstanding blow btw.

ive been on ssri type drugs for 5 years total and I've had this problem the whole time, i too turned to more and more fucked up shit and still i cant cum. because of my inability to orgasm on occasion I fapped for 3-6 hours this caused skin abrasions.
2 years ago i switched to Sertraline, because of the persistent problems I've been having with fluoxetine, and because i was a little fucking rebel i decided to quit that as well. cause i was stupid i decided to quit cold turkey, like i had done a month or two prior to switching to sertraline. i thought that it wouldn't be that bad just like quitting the fluoxetine, oh how fucking wrong i was. I couldn't sleep for a week because every time i yawned* i got a cattle prod in the back of my skull, turns out one of the major reasons you shouldn't quit sertraline cold turkey is that your brain isn't use to the serotonin/lack of it, and it decides the best course of action is to zap you in the back of your head for a week strait. also i felt like shit and i think i caused brain damage in myself cause of my fucking stupid actions,

Moral of the story is that while I'm glad Sertraline is working for you, my body's response to my medication is likely going to be different than yours is to yours. and don't be an idiot like me and to stop taking it without the proper precaution.

*what i mean "by yawing caused the zaps" is that I could trigger the zaps by yawning. not just the mouth opening and yawn, yawning either i mean like that sound you get when you yawn. I think that's something to do with serotonin release. I could do that sound when on command and it would zap me.

Forgot to mention I got the "zaps" too. It was weird. Almost like when you flip a lightswitch and unplug something and you get a shock...but in your BRAIN instead of your finger.

Btw, when you mention Gynecomastia, have you had that diagnosed? It could just be fat in the chest from weight gain (if it is, it'll go away with weight loss, if it's actually Gynecomastia, it won't...well it'll get better, but won't go away).

Forgot to mention I got the "zaps" too. It was weird. Almost like when you flip a lightswitch and unplug something and you get a shock...but in your BRAIN instead of your finger.

Btw, when you mention Gynecomastia, have you had that diagnosed? It could just be fat in the chest from weight gain (if it is, it'll go away with weight loss, if it's actually Gynecomastia, it won't...well it'll get better, but won't go away).
Strangely its only one of my Brest's that has gynecomastia, so when it first appeared I was concerned that it may be Brest cancer so I went to the breast clinic to get an ultrasound and the lady their said that it was gynecomastia.

Some doctors prescribe Amphetamines to counter the loss of sex drive from anti depressant. Adderall usually.
yea that might help cause I'm also questioning if I have adhd or not atm.