Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

first time tripper! lib caps, 10 fresh?

rsvmad1

Greenlighter
Hey hope y'all having a good day.

For a long time I have wanted to try shrooms and have decided to go ahead and do it ;)

I live in the UK and have had a few wet mornings, so I'm off hunting ;)

Hopefully a fruitful hunt.

For my first try I want a very mild trip just to get the feel of things. Would 10 fresh lib caps do the job? I'm 34 years young, 12 stone.

Was a big user of MDMA back in my younger days. Tried trips once, had a bad experience, due to my own stupid fault taking 4.

Smoked a lot of weed back in my younger days too but I don't touch weed anymore.

Tia

Do you not have a kitchen scale? :)

If you do, use this and select Psilocybe Semilanceata from the menu, choose your intended 'intensity level' and hit the [how many..] calculation button.

Body weight probably doesn't have much to do with it.

Hey mate, 10 would be a good start dose but don't expect a trip from that. It's best to start low though. It's also best to dry the shrooms out first as its a bit easier on the guts than fresh shrooms. If you were to get a few shrooms then dry them out and a gram of liberty cap dry is enough for a light trip. Some people will say don't go by numbers only use dry weight but 10 liberty caps won't harm you.

I take it you know what to pick??

Hey mate, 10 would be a good start dose but don't expect a trip from that. It's best to start low though. It's also best to dry the shrooms out first as its a bit easier on the guts than fresh shrooms. If you were to get a few shrooms then dry them out and a gram of liberty cap dry is enough for a light trip. Some people will say don't go by numbers only use dry weight but 10 liberty caps won't harm you.

Thanks mate, yea I know what I'm looking for. My old pal use to take me picking with him. But if I find any I will upload a photo later if thats allowed? Thanks

If you do, use this and select Psilocybe Semilanceata from the menu, choose your intended 'intensity level' and hit the [how many..] calculation button.

Thanks. No scales though :(

The first time I did 17 that had noticable effects but was mild

Thanks pal

Uploading a photo won't do you any good because IDing is not allowed on the forum, sorry...

Yeah it seems that the 20-30 range may be where it gets interesting. But starting low is the absolute best advice, even if you only have one or two shots with the amounts you find.

I don't know what's up but always I try to edit from mobile post gets deleted.
I was basicaly saying that 10 would be underwhelming but good to dissipate fears. 20 is an standard mild dose. And you could do 30 if feeling adventurous without probably going over board, though could be challenging for first timers.
Good luck pal

The first time I did 17 that had noticable effects but was mild
I was basicaly saying that 10 would be underwhelming but good to dissipate fears. 20 is an standard mild dose. And you could do 30 if feeling adventurous without probably going over board, though could be challenging for first timers.
Good luck pal

I we went hunting today with no results.

Even though we have had wet mornings, the ground is still very hard and dry.

We have a week of rain coming as of Saturday, but, temperatures still between 10 and 14?

Is it worth trying again near the end of a weeks rain?

Or should I wait for temperatures to drop even more?

Thanks

Good luck pal

I have that too :\
When I try to select the text box to edit and type, it apparently confirms the deletion option that is set up on that page as well - mobile platform really has a one track mind, or bug.

I we went hunting today with no results.

Even though we have had wet mornings, the ground is still very hard and dry.

We have a week of rain coming as of Saturday, but, temperatures still between 10 and 14?

Is it worth trying again near the end of a weeks rain?

Or should I wait for temperatures to drop even more?

Thanks
I guessed you were in Scotland "pal", but for the temperatures you are mentioning you might not be or maybe you are in the wild west :).
This season is been especially bad around here, it was far too warm and dry...so it took double the effort. Normaly season lasts till first frost. So is minimum temperatures best hint, anyway around here there is not much time left. Some people seem to believe the colder the stronger...I don't know about that.
I believe this weekend you'll find.

I have that too :\
When I try to select the text box to edit and type, it apparently confirms the deletion option that is set up on that page as well - mobile platform really has a one track mind, or bug.
Well good to know, suppose editing is a no go and I should take care of spelling and grammar.

Lol my very close friend is Scottish, where I get the "pal" from

I live in a village just outside north yorkshire moors.

So plenty of places to go looking ;)

Hopefully this time next week, I'll have a nice sized stash ;)

Last edited:
I live in Scotland as well and the season hasn't been that good so far. I have a good wee stash of just under an ounce dried which will do me for a long time but I spent a long time picking those.

I have only been back into psychedelic drugs for the last 4-5 years but the places I use just don't seem to have nearly as many as they used to. When I was a teenager a group of about 5 of us would go picking together and there was a couple of places where it would just be covered in them. Each of us could fill a carrier bag and we never weighed them or sold them we just handed them out to anyone who wanted them. At 15-16 year old we always went by numbers not weight and they would be brewed up fresh. I remember using a big soup pot with maybe 1-2thousand shrooms in it. People say that boiling destroys the psilocybin but that isn't true. We would boil a couple of hundred shrooms shared between 4 people and it would give us a good trip then the doses would go up every time we done them. It could bee 3-4 nights a week at that age as we were young, daft and full of Shrooms...

I have used the same spots to find shrooms the last while but I never seem to get any of the mega crops like we used to find. I think one area where we got the most was on a cricket pitch at a posh private school and they didn't like having people on their ground so I think they must spray the ground now as they have no shrooms at all. What I have gathered has been just finding small clumps here and there which I gather and its slowly building up.

20 odd years ago was when I was doing all this and shrooms were never sold. Occasionally people would give you a few joints or something but none of this £10 a gram that people get now. If I do hit a bumper crop I'm going to dry them and keep them and only give them to people who know what they're doing. Shrooms are free from mother nature so it's good karma to keep them like that. A good bit of Sun and rain is what we need. It's sunny in my bit just now but too warm still. We need a bit of moisture in the air. I think another reason we got so many in those days was we were always looking for them, skiving school and having a walk into the fields to pass the time. Now it's more a case of going to a spot by car, having a look for half an hour and if your lucky there will be a few there. If there is only a small amount , like single figures I won't pick I leave them to spore and hope to get more next time. I am mostly doing small amounts, 2 grams dried is a strong enough trip for me. I would say 2grams of liberty caps is the same as 3 grams of cubes. Or the other day I did 1.5G made with strong passion flower and Valerian tea drunk an hour before the shrooms and more when tripping. The passion flower is a mild MAOI so it potentiated and with the Valerian it did help my trip to be done while in a calm mindset which always helps.

I'm not really into taking heroic doses and sitting in a dark room I prefer to get out and about in the countryside with one or two friends though I may try doing a large dose perhaps with an MAOI and see where it would take me these days. I think I could handle large doses of Shrooms easier when I was a teenager as I was more innocent, no demons to haunt me once my life got a bit grimmer than it was.

I live in Scotland as well and the season hasn't been that good so far. I have a good wee stash of just under an ounce dried which will do me for a long time but I spent a long time picking those.

I have only been back into psychedelic drugs for the last 4-5 years but the places I use just don't seem to have nearly as many as they used to. When I was a teenager a group of about 5 of us would go picking together and there was a couple of places where it would just be covered in them. Each of us could fill a carrier bag and we never weighed them or sold them we just handed them out to anyone who wanted them. At 15-16 year old we always went by numbers not weight and they would be brewed up fresh. I remember using a big soup pot with maybe 1-2thousand shrooms in it. People say that boiling destroys the psilocybin but that isn't true. We would boil a couple of hundred shrooms shared between 4 people and it would give us a good trip then the doses would go up every time we done them. It could bee 3-4 nights a week at that age as we were young, daft and full of Shrooms...

I have used the same spots to find shrooms the last while but I never seem to get any of the mega crops like we used to find. I think one area where we got the most was on a cricket pitch at a posh private school and they didn't like having people on their ground so I think they must spray the ground now as they have no shrooms at all. What I have gathered has been just finding small clumps here and there which I gather and its slowly building up.

20 odd years ago was when I was doing all this and shrooms were never sold. Occasionally people would give you a few joints or something but none of this £10 a gram that people get now. If I do hit a bumper crop I'm going to dry them and keep them and only give them to people who know what they're doing. Shrooms are free from mother nature so it's good karma to keep them like that. A good bit of Sun and rain is what we need. It's sunny in my bit just now but too warm still. We need a bit of moisture in the air. I think another reason we got so many in those days was we were always looking for them, skiving school and having a walk into the fields to pass the time. Now it's more a case of going to a spot by car, having a look for half an hour and if your lucky there will be a few there. If there is only a small amount , like single figures I won't pick I leave them to spore and hope to get more next time. I am mostly doing small amounts, 2 grams dried is a strong enough trip for me. I would say 2grams of liberty caps is the same as 3 grams of cubes. Or the other day I did 1.5G made with strong passion flower and Valerian tea drunk an hour before the shrooms and more when tripping. The passion flower is a mild MAOI so it potentiated and with the Valerian it did help my trip to be done while in a calm mindset which always helps.

I'm not really into taking heroic doses and sitting in a dark room I prefer to get out and about in the countryside with one or two friends though I may try doing a large dose perhaps with an MAOI and see where it would take me these days. I think I could handle large doses of Shrooms easier when I was a teenager as I was more innocent, no demons to haunt me once my life got a bit grimmer than it was.

When I was younger all my friends used to take them. Always by slightly simmering in water for 15 mins, drained, shrooms squeezed and good to make cup of tea with the water. Sometimes 1000 in one brew between 6 of them. I'm sure you can imagine what state they got in, which is why I never took them (too scared too)

But, for years I have wanted to try them without going daft like my friends. Every year when season comes I search google and watch videos on YouTube about it ect. This year I thought fuk it, just do it, small dose lol

Just been for another walk and found a few potential fields. We have some rain coming tonight so I might drag myself out of bed early hours and go for a look ;)

Fingers crossed lol

I've looked at thousands of photos to get a fresh look at them (17 years ago last time I picked any)
Think I will do the mushroom on paper under a shot glass test. Make sure the print us purple. Don't want to be pushing up flowers lol

When I first got back into them I took a very small dose on the first couple of times then built it up a bit. Nowadays I have learned that its not just about getting wasted and standing laughing at a tree or whatever. Two people out for a trek in the country is good but tripping solo your best staying at home. Or if you have a dog, my German shepherd was my tripsitter but she got put down last year. You look suspicious wandering about on your own and you don't want a pull when your tripping.

The weather is uncharacteristically hot. Usually at this time of year it's either boiling hot or freezing cold and wet; this year it's been pretty average. It doesn't feel disimililar from a few months ago. Hit those same spots again after some rain and cold temperatures.

It's been raining here the last couple of days so hopefully it will be a more fruitful weekend. The last couple of years it's been like this, Indian summers warm until October then it gets frosty before the shrooms have had much chance to come out. I remember in the early 90s we would get them as early as August right up till the end of October. Global warming is fuckin up the shrooms season.

I'm planning on tripping tomorrow (Saturday) at night time but when we go picking during the day I'm gonna take a micro dose. I have heard some folk who swear that if you eat a couple of Shrooms when you go out on the hunt that you will find it easier to see them. I got shrooms here so gonna give it was try.

It's been raining here the last couple of days so hopefully it will be a more fruitful weekend. The last couple of years it's been like this, Indian summers warm until October then it gets frosty before the shrooms have had much chance to come out. I remember in the early 90s we would get them as early as August right up till the end of October. Global warming is fuckin up the shrooms season.

I'm planning on tripping tomorrow (Saturday) at night time but when we go picking during the day I'm gonna take a micro dose. I have heard some folk who swear that if you eat a couple of Shrooms when you go out on the hunt that you will find it easier to see them. I got shrooms here so gonna give it was try.

As long as night time temperatures are okay, then you should find them. Remember that they will a day or two to grow after rainfall and won't come up straight away.

I was at my local field last weekend and you could tell that nature considered it a different season to last year.

There was a pond which I'd never seen before, and all the grass was a long golden hay. Very bizzare.

Still no lib caps BUT today was the first time I have found mushrooms, just not lib caps, paranoia kicked in when a bunch of walkers came my way so I left. I should find some pretty soon ;) I'll try again tomorrow in the same field I found the other mushrooms.

paranoia kicked in when a bunch of walkers came my way so I left. I should find some pretty soon ;) I'll try again tomorrow in the same field I found the other mushrooms.

Don't worry too much about other folk as most people don't seem to have a clue about it and the ones that do usually know it's harmless I often have a wee laugh and joke about it with folks. It's only when I'm on a cricket pitch or golf course that I need to watch out for people.

I been too busy working all weeK so not had a chance to go picking but it's been wet and a bit colder this week but not frosty yet so hopefully I will get a good weekend of pickings before its too late.