• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time Oxycodone dose??

rubydacherry

Greenlighter
Tomorrow I'm buying some oxy and this will be my first time ever trying it. A little background: I've done hydrocodone before so I have some experience with that and various other drugs. I'm a 130 pound female around 5'7. The pills I'm getting have 5mg of oxycodone and 325mg of acetaminophen so I'm just wondering what would be a good dose to take for my first time?

Hi Ruby. Good luck on your first time trying Oxy's what a wonderful experience this should be for you :)

Now that we've got that out of the way I would recommend starting small. Considering they are 5mg pills I would say pop 2, wait an hour or so and see how you feel. If you dont feel much of that or very little try another 2 and again wait an hour and see how you feel. You should definetly be feeling nice by now. Just incase you aren't just keep bumping yourself by 5mg until you feel good and then stop. Like I always say it's better to be safe than sorry. Moderation is key my friend. As you have very little opiate experience your best bet is to start small and work your way up as if you take a hell of amount starting off you will just feel extremely nauseas/sick and that will turn you off what is a very wonderful and enjoyable drug once done correctly.

Let us know how you got on and I really hope you enjoy yourself =D Peace out....

I weigh a little more than you and am probably much younger than you; I took three (15mg) my first time and was feeling amazin' for hours, but I had wished I had done four (20mg) for my first time, because it will always be the strongest.

But, effects vary by person. Bottom line take two to four (10-20mg), I'd start off with three (15mg) though.

Enjoy, but don't have too much fun. ;)

Wow, u kids are brave. I'm a recovering opiate addict with years of very high dose oxy under my belt, up to 600mg per day at my worst. However that being said, at 6 foot 2, 300 pounds, I was totally satisfied with 10mg doses my first few months when I was opiate naive. I couldn't imagine recommending anything over 10mg for someone less than half my weight. Take it slow, besides the risk of OD, oxy can also cause very uncomfortable nausea when you dose too high, which isn't fun. And I don't mean to ruin your fun but my conscience cannot allow me not to mention my opinion that any opiate dose can be a step in the direction to ruin your life. One of my biggest regrets is taking any amount. I was hooked immediately and allowed that drug to waste ten years of the prime of my life. It's one of my few undeniable regrets. If you can muster the courage to say no, there's a very strong possibly you'll agree with my position one day.

Its funny you post the above. Im opiate naive. I am very experienced with pschedelics, disassociatives, empathogens, some stims and RCs.
I have been sitting on some oxycodone for about 3 years, that was a gift.

Opening this door, with my experience with other drugs and some associated challenges (PV is very addictive!) Seem unwise.
Hence i havent progressed passed 90mg of codeine! Just not sure its worth the risk.

OP, i understand your wanting to try this, so be careful moving forward.
I too think start at 10mg before venturing up, from what i know through conversations with others.

Also, it's worth mentioning that you shouldn't take more than 3 at a time due to acetaminophen. Taking a large amount of acetaminophen can be extremely harmful to your liver. Tread softly with this drug, it can have you hooked long before you realize it.

I started with 10 mgs percs we use to call them bananas the good old days, well 23 years later i finally stopped all opioids last November. After being on high doses of oxy everyday for over 20 years if i could go back to where i was just starting to do percs i definitely would never have touched them. good luck

Hey sweetheart.

Others have given you advice on a starting dose, and they are correct that if you are set on doing this, you should start low, mind what your body tells you (when I first took pain killers for a legitimate pain problem {I have a connective tissue disorder} I would have to take then WITH FOOD, or else I would potentially become nauseated, even vomit, and has a horrific migraine), and be careful of the amount of APAP in these pills as you don't want to destroy your liver.

And I see thar others have warned you to quit while you are ahead. Im sure you dont want to hear any of that.

I will, for the sake of harm reduction, chime in on that a bit, though.

You would make mee very happy if you would read what I have to say. If only one person browsing this reads this and changes their mind, I will be happy.

You likely haven't really experienced a full blown withdrawal at it's worst yet. At first, even on 40-60mg of oxy a day, withdrawal wasnt *too* bad. But fast forward, to condense, I'm now on heroin. You think you won't get there. But dont dismiss the possibility. You take pills long enough, you WILL develop withdrawal upon stopping eventually. And I should note, I'm in a very luck minority that for whatever reason DOES NOT throw up during withdrawal. So, that being said, and just to be clear pill withdrawal CAN BE AWFUL, depending, you ate better off not going down this road.

I refused heroin many times before giving in. I personally gave in because I was in pain, I could not find pills. I was bring offered h instead. I said no. I eventually caved when pills ran dry. I was in pain AND didn't enjoy wd (whi does????), and at first I hardly took anything.

But it's not an easily measured pill. Before I knew it, the lines were bigger and bigger. It is far cheaper than pulls as well.

I'm not saying you will start doing heroin, though, don't dismiss the possibility. A decent regular pill habit can bring in hellish wd's.

WD is not fun, it is awful, and a big reason why many who are TRULY tired of the game don't quit. Either fear of WD, or not bring able to stealthily wd because of w work obligations etc.

Just, look around this site, read some withdrawal threads. Don't think it can't happen to you.

Less is more with opiates/opioids. Why? You can avoid wd. Your tolerance stays low enough too enjoy it.

But if you are the type to get hooked easily, or even AT ALL, if you are an obsessive type, etc.... Just run, and dint look back.

Please value yourself, for just who you are, all if your invredible gifts and talents....they are special. You are special. Don't ruin your life with this crap. You are better than that.

Do lots of research and think hard. If no one can stop you, then please research harm reduction at least.

All the best to you.

Peace. Xo

Edit: Before I get attacked lol, I've had HORRIBLE wd's off of pills. I was saying, when I wasnt taking too much (up to 60mg/day), while the wd sucked, I.could cope, even if it was hard. And I mentioned I dint throw up, lucky me. Every body iss literally different. Taking more, the wd is worse. And ime the more you take of anything whether pills or heroin, and the longer you di this, the worse wd is. Also route of administration makes a difference, too. I was not ashooter. I watched a friend who shot lok like a sick, rabid dog while in wd....my heart broke for them. Be careful, love yourself, people. Xo

Last edited:
Well said ABW!, Just a couple more points you only get a euphoric high from opioids for a short time. Then afterwards i spent years and years on opioids only feeling normal at best because you get no high no matter how high you dose and if you chase the high theres a good chance you will die more than one of my freinds did. Just living in fear of being without and facing wds have pushed many to do crazy shit!!! they probably would have never done in their life just to avoid wds. And now that im almost 4 months clean i still have post accute withdrawl syptoms lack of energy some insomnia etc. The post accute stage of wds for me were much worse than wds, it takes alot of work and time to recover everything for some up to a year. Opioids are good for pain and should be taken no longer than a couple weeks or you might find yourself on them 20 years later. good luck

Right back at you, TLD, and CONGRATS on your sobriety from opioids!!! We all know this is no easy task!! I hope you are DAMN PROUD of yourself and I wish you all the best in continuing to recover and rebuild your life! :D Right on!

Ruby,

"the last dose" makes some excellent points. They brought up PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal), which is no joke. I talked about the acute withdrawal, and if you are taking something short-acting like oxy or h, those should last approximately 3 or so days. For some, a bit longer. I find my worst physical symptoms - aside from insomnia, which takes a long time to straighten out for ner personally as I'm already inclined that way by nature - start to improve after 3 days. Important to note that when you feel so incredibly ill, those 3 days/72 hours feel like a fucking eternity. And to make it worse still, thee overwhelming, overwhelming majority of people CAN NOT SLEEP for longer than a half hour, maybe a full hour if theyre really lucky, so you get to be wide fucking awake and cannot take a sleep time machine into the future lol. I write "lol", but as youre going through it, it doesn't feel funny or humorous in the least!

I'd like to build on the excellent points they made, two things:

1.) PAWS can be terrible. Some people get it worse than others. You don't want to find out through experience if youre one of them. So, after the acute withdrawal, you may we'll not be out of the woods. You may find yourself completely unable to sleep, you may find yourself struggling with MASSIVE anxiety, depression, etc. Opioids/opiates ate very similar to endorphins, which the body naturally produces. Therefore, when you take then regularly, your brain thinks,"Oh, ok, you've got that covered for me, so I don't need to produce endorphins so much." Endorphins serve many important purposes and have several tasks and functions. A quick google search will give you more info on that. So, once you come off of these drugs, your body struggles to find its equilibrium. It takes a while before your brain produces adequate endorphins again. Of course, dopamine and more is also affected. Then theres also the way the brain down-regulates, the way it "grows" more receptors while you take these substances to be able to handle the influx of opi's. These are things you can google, or use the search function on this site for. This is the main thing your body is going through during WD.-.desperately trying to re-balance it's
chemicals, neurotransmitters, etc. This is why you suffer going cold turkey. It's not the same feeling as having a bit of an opi hangover the next day. Its far worse.

&

2.) I like to also warn people of the following, because I dint think people think about or talk about this enough, and itr can legitimately create a huge problem for your future self should you experience enormous physical pain. Having a chronic, painful condition that makes mee susceptible to bring in life-altering pain, pain that interred with my sleep, ability to work, my ability to "life" lol... I feel it important to point out that one day, you may find yourself in so much pain (whether due to illness, an accident, etc - doesn't matter why), & you may find your health falling apart due to lack of proper sleep.... And other measures to improve youre level of pain have proven ineffective..... This is a case where strong pain meds could be the best option.

But.... if you developed even a moderate habit, you will have a tolerance to them, and find your pain is not easily controlled. Doctors npwadays are mostly on the "opi's are evil and I don't wanna lose my license" train, over-hyping the negative and ignorinh the fact that in some cases, it may be the only known way to reclaim some semblance of a life of quality. What will you do if that happens to you? When the dose prescribed doesn't cut it because your tolerance is high?

You can search here on this site for "chronic pain opiates opioids" and see some sad stories.

You truly don't know what thee future holds. Opi's are incredible and to bee respected. For some, it's the only way they can sleep and takes care of themselves att all. Opis have a placed and a purpose. But if abused, they can turn into a terrible experience.

That all being said, by now you have either taken them or not. What did you decide too do and why, and what will you do inn the future? Please do update us.

Theres a lot of loving, caring, sportive energy here. You have found, imo, the greatest community of it's kind online. If you update, you erlol receive a lot of suport from caring people with experience. Wishing you well, hon. Take care. Peace.

I think it's already been stated, but Oxycodone is approximately 1.5x stronger than Hydrocodone, which you seem to have some experience with. This should give you a reasonable starting point.

Now, I really do appreciate the empathy being thrown around in this thread, but we really have a bad tendency to derail threads that are dedicated to Harm Reduction in favor of discussing the perils of long-term Opioid dependence. We all are very well aware, most from an early age, that Opioids are extremely addictive drugs that have the potential to tear your life as you know it to shreds. We do not need to have open discourse about the subject every time somebody wants to take a couple of percocet though. It derails us from the real purpose of the thread, which is keeping OP safe in their experimentation.

If they wish to continue using Opioids, that is their personal decision.

I would only take one and see how it goes.

My father almost overdosed off 5mgs because he is op8ate naive and he found out when a rx had him puking his guts up.

Also since it is a rather strong drug its best to keep your tolerance low and everyone's body is different so 5mgs might be enough and you can always take more.

I've been using drugs a long time and I almost always do a tolerance check with a new substance because otherwise for example soma led me to parking the car in the bushes, well over them.

You can always increase your dose later.

My first time usiny oxy my friends and I split a 40mg 3 ways and my friend waa scratching his face bad so it wasa bit much for him, my other friend wanted more, and I was content.

Dopemaster, I remember back in the early 90s a freind of mine always had percs around and its crazy i never liked them back then they use to make me itchy too. So i turned them down all the time, then i had a car accident and hurt my back so i got sent to pain man. long story short over 20 years later i was on opioids. Even though i never like them earlier for reasons all those side effects subsided after being on oxy daily for a little while and then all the euphoric and i can do anything better on oxy stage starts. Then hold on you might be in for a long ride or maybe not everybody is different.

I know I'm late to the party in this response and I don't wish to offend or disrespect anyone . But I will respectfully say I disagree with everyone knowing how destructive they are. As a teen and young adult I had my fair share of drug experiences. I had even seen heroin withdrawal depicted in the media.

I. Had. No. Clue. What I was getting into. If I had been better educated, I am doubtful I would have ever taken that bottle of pills.

I think the ultimate in harm reduction is not even going there. Sure, occasional use isn't going to cause much harm, butthesethings are insidious, before you know it you're so sick you want to die.

AAnd i bbring up potential future pain issues with a broken heart.... I don't wish my physical pain on anyone. I can't imagine how much worse it would've been for me had I began WITH a tolerance. And I suffer so much in pain death seems merciful. Not going for pity . Just, of I can save one single person some of the hell I got in over my head with before I knew what had hit me, I would be so grateful

Ok, enough from me now. With all due respect, peace Xo

Ruby-Ruby-Ruby-Ruubbyy

now that's out of the way, start with the lowest dose possible and build up from there
you can always add more but you can't take back what you've already had
oh and, aswell as being pretty fun, opiates destroy lives.
just straight up ruin them.