• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

First time mushrooms, 0.4 liberty caps via lemon tek. Testing the waters!

wackerle

Bluelighter
I was lucky enough to have a few days away in the Peak District in October. Brother-in-Law wanted to walk his dogs and I thought I would accompany him, we decided it would be rude not to take advantage of the season and see if any liberty caps were about. Long story short I ended up with 1.4g of dried liberty caps, having never picked any I was a little cautious, however Brother-in-Law picked his fair share in the past so confirmed they looked good.

Up until this point I had never tried mushrooms. I suffered with depression throughout my 20s and early 30s and gave psychedelics a wide berth during this time. I did eventually give AL-LAD a go and it opened my eyes. Since then I have given LSD, DMT and 2CB a go. I have wondered occasionally if my much-improved mental health is possibly linked to dabbling with psychedelics here and there, but I digress.

Only having 1.4g to try I decided to try and maximise the small amount and use the lemon tek method. I decided to dip my toe in so to speak with 0.4g to see how I got on with a substance new to me. I’ve written up this report purely as others may be interested in the effects of a low dose by this method. Hopefully the 1g I have left will give me a better taste of the mushroom headspace being as it is 2.5 the dose ingested here.

Was New Year’s Eve, only me and the missus in so I figured go for it. I finely chopped the 0.4g and put it in a shot glass. I squeezed the juice of half a lemon into the glass and left for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes. The resultant liquid tasted of lemon and very little else, very easy to get down I thought.

After about 30 minutes I begin to notice a change in perception. Colours on the TV start to look brighter. Childs toy crocodile game on the other side of the room seems to be giving me an evil grin from out of the shadows.

45 minutes in, I feel calm and relaxed. I comment that “it feels like my brain is healing itself”. Part of the reason I started low was in case of nausea, no hint of nausea was felt. Whether this was due to the method of preparation, or my iron stomach is up for debate!

1 hour, looking at the floor I can see slight hints of morphing in the patterns on the laminate. I get up an look at the kitchen worktop and see similar.

2 hours, missus goes for a shower. I decide to stick a recording of a trance set at a club night I went to a while back on you tube. I try and spot myself in the crowd but no success. I can’t get into the music which I find strange, on other psychedelics I would be desperate to have some music going. I decide to go outside and get some fresh air. The odd firework is going off which looks great, other than that it is a still, crisp quiet night. I stand in the air just content to be present in the moment and still. My neighbour comes out into her garden to smoke, I’m certain she doesn’t know I’m standing there in the dark which makes me feel a bit weird, so I beat a retreat back inside. Have a couple of beers and chat with the missus.

3 hours, still a bit of morphing going on and still feeling very calm and content. Around now is midnight so I go back out to listen and watch the fireworks. Loads being set off around our area this year.

Probably head up to bed around 4 hours after ingesting. I was not ready for sleep so listened to some ambient type music on the headphones in bed. Drifted off after about an hour, woke up the next day feeling great. Managed a 4-mile run with no difficulty.

I was surprised by the calm and serenity I felt during the (mild) trip, not at all stimulating like I find lysergamides. I was also surprised by my lack of interest in music. All in all it was a great experience considering the small dose, I would certainly recommend the lemon tek if you don’t have many mushrooms for efficient use. I’m pleased I resisted the urge to do the whole lot with a new substance. I’ll try and update when I do the remaining gram, it may well be a different experience!

Surprised you found so few, I've always filled a bread bag with relative ease in the Peak & Lakes.