View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time festival and LSD

Qwerkie

Greenlighter
Okay so I'm going to a festival coming up soon and my friend has some acid for us to do during the festival. Now it is going to be my first time at a festival and my first time trying acid. I was wondering if this might be a bad idea. I'm not too worried about having a bad trip because of all the people being there and there will be so many positive vibes. However, I really want to have an awesome time and dance and everything so I've been trying to get some MDMA. So I was thinking maybe I'll skip the acid and just do the MDMA. Or! I could candy flip. Spend my first few hours on acid and then take some MDMA. But that might not be the best since it's my first time tripping. I need advice

Edit: I've taken molly a number of times and am comfortable with it. I've taken shrooms once. I really want to dance and have a blast, I'm unsure if acid will allow me to do that or if it will leave me too sluggish

LSD won't leave you sluggish, for sure... it's energizing. However it's possible it could be overwhelming, especially since you've only tripped once. MDMA is not really comparable at all. Mushrooms are though. How hard did you trip on mushrooms? My recommendation is to go pretty low, and you'll probably enjoy it. LSD is a great psychedelic for festivals.

When I was on mushrooms the first time, I was knocked on my ass. I sat in front of my computer watching videos and listening to music for hours without wanting to talk much lol. The next time at a party, I took half of what I did the first time and that was better because I could at least talk and stuff. I figured I might just take one tab or maybe even a half. We'll see!

Yes, LSD is a fantastic psychedelic for festivals. I second what Xorkoth says, dose low. You don't need lots for a festival at all. Half a standard tab to a full tab is about right for me. I've even had just a quarter tab before and it was perfect. Two tabs could potentially have you retreating to your tent and missing the whole thing. This is assuming standard blotter tabs of about 100ug.

I think LSD is an ideal festival drug.

First question: Has the ACID been tested, or what sort of ACID is it...?

Second question: Has your friend done ACID, or been to a festival before...?

Third question: Have you a Sober Trip Sitter who knows how to deal with people freaking out on ACID and who's been to a festival before....?

If you cant answer these questions positively , then I would not recommend this at all.

Yes festivals have great vibes, but they also have have darker parts, especially if you're tripping. I've had my best trips on LSD at festivals, but I've also had my worst - and I was a seasoned festival goer, but not seasoned in psychedelics. Feeling a little edgy, or little things at the back of your mind can turn into a very dark trip. I also know lots of people who took their first trips at festivals who had a ball, but I know more who had bad trips.

The honest answer is all about the people around you and how comfortable you are at the time. If you feel safe knowing what/how strong you're taking, the people around you know what they're doing and that if you go wandering off that someone will wander along, keeping an eye on you, but at the same time giving you the space so they dont freak you out, then brilliant.

If I was you I'd experience your first festival under the influence of drugs you know and are comfortable with, dance your heart out on MDNA... I definately wouldn't Candy flip... you're going to be amazed by so many things anyhow, especially the toilets!!!

But the final decision will be yours. All that I ask you is that if you have any doubts at all then dont take it.

Last edited:
Third question: Have you a Sober Trip Sitter who knows how to deal with people freaking out on ACID and who's been to a festival before....?

I know this is an HR forum and we're supposed to say stuff like "you need a sober trip sitter", but you totally don't need a sober trip sitter. An experienced, also-tripping, trip buddy will suffice as well. I think it's even better than a sober trip sitter, because you need someone you can relate to, and it can be annoying hanging around sober people who are trying too hard to be a "good sitter".

^^^^ Agreed

I kind of panicked because the thought of first time psychedelics at their first festival made blurt those questions out, but now I see the OP has done shrooms twice (I think?), even with the first knocking them "on their ass" I'd still be cautious about doing it.

Man you'll be fine. But please test it. IF ITS BITTER ITS A SPITTER! And you'll be fine at the festival. It's a lot of amazing chaos with all Those people and with the L. I'd say start with half and take it while you'll have some light left in the day. I've done a tab at a festival and it started kicking in around dark and the woods get weird at night at the bigger festivals. You'll be fine tho especially if your with friends.

I actually like psychedelics at festivals at night, because it feels more intimate... you can only see and be seen by the people near you, but you can still move around and have different people around you. I took DOC for a Phish show 2 weekends ago and I felt a little self-conscious dancing and socializing until it got dark, the it was ON! But, I would take it while it's light still, but in the mid evening, so that you have some light first and get to watch the transition.

I usually like psychedelics better during the day, but given the magnitude of the numbers of people, it may be more comfortable at night. But that's just me.

Forget what the kids these days say about MDMA, LSD is and always has been the ultimate music festival dancing drug, now if you want to flip it that's another matter entirely.

LSD can be good for a festival, even very good as folks have suggested. However, if you're going to take LSD for the first time AND be at a festival for the first time then you really really should take a low dose, like half of a tab or 50-75 mcg. A festival is really really not the best place to be on your first full-scale LSD trip.

Yeah really less than ideal, I personally wouldn't even say that the biggest or only issue is that you would have to avoid escalation (although that is something to seriously consider)... when you trip for the first time or times in a quiet peaceful and safe controllable place there is a lot more space to have a personal experience, to get to know the LSD trip and to really appreciate it in itself rather than have the festival fill in the 'adventure'.
I would never mean for any of my warnings to say that it is absolutely not possible to pull it off, that is not the point.

I've tripped plenty of times at parties and festivals, including on LSD. Some of those times I 'pulled it off', and occasionally I had a 'situation' to handle and had to wind down a bit. I am personally very happy that I didn't start out tripping at festivals.
I would do the MDMA at the festival and try LSD in a more ideal set & setting for a first-timer. Then in the future I'd consider trying LSD at a festival, at that point you have experience to better decide it for yourself.
Personally I would try not getting swayed by impulsive / impatient reasons like wanting to make this next festival extra special. IMO those are always bad arguments cause there will be many more options in the future, the MDMA option is sweet enough, and its not worth possibly doing something suboptimal over.

I addressed this with my opinions more than one time IIRC, and here is the central thread on the topic: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/727361-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Festival-Tripping-Thread

Last edited: