First (and last) cycle

Makavelis

Greenlighter
Just turned 23. 5'4 @ 154 lbs. I haven't even been lifting for a year, but I know what I'm doing with my diet and training, getting great results. I know I'm young, plus on top of being mad short, naturally I should be able to achieve great, and I totally get that. But my lack of lifting is part of the reason why I'm even considering steroids, I started lifting seriously at 22, late start, and knowing if I had started at like 18.. or even 20, I'd be pretty fucking big due to my height. Realizing that, it hits you hard. But steroids or no joke and could hit you even harder, so that's why I'm here I guess I'm just looking for a quick boost with one cycle to make up a little for the time wasted, that's it. The lack of ease of mind, I couldn't do steroids on and off like that like a lot of you no matter how good results I get, I'd be paranoid. I'd be happy just to get that edge for the few months of the cycle, then keep at it naturally. From what I did gather a test only cycle is the best first cycle I realize it's best to have years of training under your belt and be at least 25 before starting.. but would 12 weeks of test, and that's it, never touching steroids again, fuck me up like that? I'm super selective and attentive so I'd never do this shit without doing tons of research first to assure proper treatment of everything

5'4 is 130 lbs (plus or minus 2 lbs) in contest shape (6%). This means you're holding in excess 30 lbs fat. When you add water and increased appetite from testosterone you will most likely look bad. Thick, but chubby. Once you get off your strength gains and most steroid induced muscle gains will dissipate, and you might be psychologically demotivated. If you're going to go on testosterone only, diet should be impeccable. In fact, it's better to undereat because extra hormone will partition what calories you do eat to preserving muscle and preservation of lean body mass. It's best to get lean before you take any steroids to see what the real effects are - they will be amplified to naked eye if lean to begin. I've also read here that excess fat tissue makes one more susceptible to womanly chest. Don't grow too fast or you'll get permanent stretch marks.

I forgot to add one point. If you're seeing great results right now, there's no sense in fixing what isn't broken. If you train naturally and properly for 12 consecutive months, somewhere along the line you're going to hit a plateau. Plateau means you lift the same weight for the same number of reps and the amount of time you did it an everything else is same for like 6 weeks in a row. But what I've learned in the past about plateaus is there's way to fine tune adjustments. Sometimes a one week break from any lifting can help. Other times, it can be solved by eating some greasy foods to bump up calories, other times a change in programming, change in set/rep scheme (going 3 sets of 10 reps to 1 set of 10 on each exercise). There's a lot of ways to get around the plateau in first year of training. One sure way is moderate gear. But what is the sense using it if you're still making progress each workout... then not only you don't figure out how to navigate obstacles, but you're demanding super great results when you're already getting good results. One thing you learn in this physical improvement game is do the least amount of work that will accomplish your goals, because you want to save the complicated approaches as wild card when you need it. Like if a situation asks for words, you can prevail with deft language, then intimidation, then threats, then fists, then baseball bat, knife, gun, etc... but it wouldn't make sense to use all those escalations for a situation where they're actually detrimental...

Just turned 23. 5'4 @ 154 lbs. I haven't even been lifting for a year, but I know what I'm doing with my diet and training, getting great results. I know I'm young, plus on top of being mad short, naturally I should be able to achieve great, and I totally get that. But my lack of lifting is part of the reason why I'm even considering steroids, I started lifting seriously at 22, late start, and knowing if I had started at like 18.. or even 20, I'd be pretty fucking big due to my height. Realizing that, it hits you hard. But steroids or no joke and could hit you even harder, so that's why I'm here I guess I'm just looking for a quick boost with one cycle to make up a little for the time wasted, that's it. The lack of ease of mind, I couldn't do steroids on and off like that like a lot of you no matter how good results I get, I'd be paranoid. I'd be happy just to get that edge for the few months of the cycle, then keep at it naturally. From what I did gather a test only cycle is the best first cycle I realize it's best to have years of training under your belt and be at least 25 before starting.. but would 12 weeks of test, and that's it, never touching steroids again, fuck me up like that? I'm super selective and attentive so I'd never do this shit without doing tons of research first to assure proper treatment of everything

I might be about to tell you you would prefer not to hear, but with less than a year of training you have a long way to go naturally before you should consider AAS... IMO..

12 weeks might be a little suppressive of your HPTA, maybe 8 weeks on about 350mg test/week, tapering off in the last few weeks, to avoid PCT....

I do think once you see the gains possible from AAS you may wish to use again... and again...

I haven't read the thread or even the ip as I've limited time but there's no such thing as first and last cycle... Once you do it once you will never go back.

I haven't read the thread or even the ip as I've limited time but there's no such thing as first and last cycle... Once you do it once you will never go back.
Psh I never came off! Lol
Advice to OP. Lift more. Spend more time as a natural. You still got plenty of gains to make as a natural and conditioning to bring in and dialing your diet in. Learn your body before adding in more variables like hormones. You won't regret it

Testosterone is sufficient for a first cycle. It is already produced in the body. It is all purpose because it accomplishes enhanced recovery, improved endurance, increased muscle mass, improved strength, increased appetite, and lean mass preservation through its anti-catabolic effects. It can be used for gaining mass, gaining strength, gaining energy, gaining stamina, preventing muscle loss, working out longer, working out harder, working out more frequently, and the list goes on. It is basic, intended for human use, and well tolerated among men. The side effects are known and documented. A low dose will be the best way to go. It will provide significant benefits with mitigated risks. The bloating, oily/acne skin, formation of breast tissue, cardiac hypertrophy, blood thickening, are less of a risk at low doses. Moreover, natural production usually returns to normal levels easily within a few months; depending on doses, post cycle therapy may be minimal or not needed.

On the other hand, testosterone doesn't support acquisition of quality lean gains. When natural production decreases and the outside source ceases, then fairly rapid detransformation will ensue. If one continues a vigorous regimen, the detransformation will be less drastic. However, detransformation will usually accompany psychological discouragement, sloppy look, reduced motivation to work out because it will merely slow down and somewhat limit the process and feeling of going backwards.

A one off cycle does not make sense because the benefits of a cycle are never sustainable far beyond the post cycle period. It will not capture natural muscle gains to any greater degree than what one would naturally be able to shoulder; the faster natural levels return to normal, the slower the losses. The natural level will determine the long term balance of what is possible. Ultimately, the best case scenario is exogenous test increases blood testosterone levels beyond normal, then through careful diet, smart programming, and vigorous training one achieves gains in lean mass to an abnormal degree concomitant with supraphysiological doses; finally, the exogenous administration ceases, diet gets strict and training is continued at maximum intensity to delay the descent from on cycle numbers; soon, the person's natural levels have recovered and their persistence during down time has left them slightly ahead (temporarily) what they would have progressed naturally had they never taken testosterone in the first place.

250 mg test cyp/enth a week improves performance and composition. It will put one above normal levels. Splitting the dose and administering twice weekly should help to maintain more consistent levels in the blood. The benefit of twice weekly injection would be as one shot is wearing off, another shot is taking effect, and the peaks and troughs are less extreme. It's a modest effect, considering 10-11 day half life for cyp/enth - the way I see it.

Blood work, blood pressure checks, avoiding side effect exacerbating substances and contraindications, adding training weights in small increments, preventing overuse, eating calories to support growth and no more, avoiding salty foods, doing regular cardio, resting adequately, and being prepared to cut a cycle short or come off cycle: mentally and consciously; and knowing what can be done to alleviate lingering side effects of being on cycle, namely suppressed natural production, gynecomastia, acne, hair loss.