• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Finally off Methadone after 6 1/2 years

This1chick89

Greenlighter
Hey guys I was on here before back in the summer when I was at 14mg and 12mg. I held there for awhile then did a taper of 1mg per week without stopping from 12 to 1. My last dose of 1mg was Dec 20th. So here I am Day 11. I was on methadone 6.5 years highest dose 90mg. I am feeling pretty ok actually what I'm wondering is, will the shoe drop? I felt worse than this while tapering. But what really bothers me is this brain fog. It's like I'm feeling high but not and can't concentrate? I don't know but I'm hoping it goes away. I had very achy legs for a few days at the end of my taper and first few days without any methadone. Also want to mention I am not taking any comfort meds. Just vitamins and drinking lots of water. I know everyone is different but what do you guys think? Am I in the clear or is the worst yet to come? Trying to stay positive and busy today.

I don't think the worst is "yet to come" but it would be very prudent for you to seek out emotional and psychological support if you can. PAWS can be subtle but can also be confused with emotions returning that have been shut down--and this emotional exhaustion can manifest as brain fog. Have you tried meditation at all?