• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Finally off all meds, thanks to you guys!

Outsider31

Bluelighter
Hi guys, just wanted to let you all know I'm finally off all medications and am feeling pretty good. I started out abusing Percocet for just over 2 years and then got myself into abusing opana er 160mg per day. I realized my habits were getting worse and worse so I stopped taking opana. To combat the opana withdrawals I turned to Gabapentin and Baclofen and used high doses of each for close to six months.

I found when trying to stop the gabapentin and baclofen that it was going to be alot harder than I anticipated. My Dr gave me clonidine 0.2 to use as needed when I stopped the gabapentin and baclofen but I only used the clonidine for only a couple of days as I didn't want any rebound anxiety and a racing heart which was the reason I even went to my Dr for help getting off those 2 meds.

I'm now 14 days off all meds and feeling pretty good. Still having some minor or anxiety here and there, especially in the mornings when I wake up. Luckily it's only been lasting a couple hours at most then goes away. I'm eating well, sleeping well and generally feeling pretty good these days. Just trying to stay busy and not get too bored as that's when I think about the meds. So I know I'm not out of the woods just yet.

I really wanted to thank all of you guys for all of the advice and support. You guys were the only ones I could talk to about this. I wouldn't even tell my Dr about everything and the all the meds I abused. You guys kept me sane and I appreciate all the kind words and advice over the last 6 months. Thank you all!

So nice to hear about the good outcome, Outsider! That's fucking awesome. I hope you're plenty proud.
<3
Sim

Thanks guys. Yeah Sim I'm glad to have made it to this point. I'm at 15 days now. Just trying to take it a day at a time. The days when I'm off work is the toughest, but I guess I need to find other things to keep me busy.