• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Any Good Westerns?

PottedMeat

Bluelighter
Has anybody seen a good western lately. I think I have seen pretty much every one made thru 2007.%)

I've given The Proposition two goes and, despite having an affinity for Australian movies, I can't get myself to like it very much. Worth a look, but that's as positive as I can be.

Unfortunately, I don't have any further contribution to this thread. All my favourite Westerns, Unforgiven aside, are from the 60s.

Well, you're blatent statement of 'every Western ever made' up to 2007 makes it kinda hard to know where to steer you. If you like Westerns you might like some Samurai films but you've probably already realized that.

PottedMeat said:
Has anybody seen a good western lately. I think I have seen pretty much every one made thru 2007.%)

I seriously doubt that second sentence. There are literally thousands. In the 50's, there were several Poverty Row studios that put out nothing but low budget westerns. Shitloads of them. A lot of them out of print. Some of them lost.
Even, if you did nothing but eat, sleep and watch westerns, it would take at least a decade to watch every Western ever made through 2007.

My recommendation: Johnny Guitar
Gotta love Joan Crawford. She always gave 100% even when the script was complete shlock.

If you havent checked out "once upon a time in the west" you really should. One of my favorites of all time!. Really great cinematography. not alot of dialogue, but the camera shots speak for themselves.

EA-1475 said:
I seriously doubt that second sentence. There are literally thousands. In the 50's, there were several Poverty Row studios that put out nothing but low budget westerns. Shitloads of them. A lot of them out of print. Some of them lost.
Even, if you did nothing but eat, sleep and watch westerns, it would take at least a decade to watch every Western ever made through 2007.

My recommendation: Johnny Guitar
Gotta love Joan Crawford. She always gave 100% even when the script was complete shlock.

I am a western addict, and I did hedge the statement by stating "pretty much". At any rate, I am always open to being enlightened.

Alchemist said:
If you havent checked out "once upon a time in the west" you really should. One of my favorites of all time!. Really great cinematography. not alot of dialogue, but the camera shots speak for themselves.

What year was this film made, I have not seen this one. I will check it out, thanks.

Once Upon a Time in the West is my favorite, too. The Proposition was also great.

I haven't seen it, but I heard Appaloosa was good.

While you have probally seen it, "Silverado" is a very good film if a bit plodding.

Outside the usually narrow confines of the genre, "Geronimo" with Wes Studi and Jason Pratic is very good as well.

PottedMeat said:
What year was this film made, I have not seen this one. I will check it out, thanks.

Wow. For a self-proclaimed 'western addict' it's super surprising you haven't seen this film. One of the best ever made.