Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

film: escape to witch mountain (was: Can anybody identify this film?)

MyDoorsAreOpen

Bluelight Crew
Can anybody identify this film?

I remember going to a kids' film hour at my local public library every week as a kid. This would have been the late 80s, and everything was on celluloid. One film that they often showed still sticks with me and haunts my dreams on occasion. Can anybody identify the title and author for me?

It's about a biological brother and sister who are orphans. They can only remember their adopted surname: Malone. They have some uncanny powers, for example, the girl can talk telepathically to her brother (but not vice versa). They try in vain to remember their parents and early childhood, but can't. All they have is an extremely vague and early memory of an accident of some kind. At one point, the brother figures out it was a boating accident or that water was involved.

They are taken in by a rich eccentric man who essentially keeps them captive. I forget exactly why he takes an interest in them, but it's not love or compassion. I do remember one line of his from the film: "You can have anything you want, as long as you never leave." They escape. An alarm goes off. With the authorities on their trail, they eventually make their way to a creek (I forget how they get this clue). There, at the end of the movie, they remember that they are from another planet. A UFO comes down to get them and fly them back to their home planet.

Bizarre, huh? That's why I'm eager to get a hold of this movie (or the book it was based on) and see it again. I found it a very moving and creepy plot.

Sounds like a nostalgic film from your childhood that won't be as impressive if you see it now... Leave it dormant, I say.

My childhood films have been crushed by my now realistic and blunt perspective of life.

I don't know. Short circuit is as good as it ever was.

Last edited:
Jesus. I had no idea what you were talking about until I heard the title. Now it's all flooding back.

Yay for memory triggers.

from what I rememeber there were two movies escape to witch mountian and return to witch mountian, they were movies that had something to do with two alien kids, the second one sucked and they both had pretty terrible acting, if you want old school alien movies why not just go rent fire in the sky, close encounters of the third kind or war of the worlds, not to mention the countless other classics.