View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Feelings on Salvia

oneaspiringman

Greenlighter
This is my third trip report on salvia, this time I smoke it with some friends. Salvia plays with my perception and reality, I have also been taken out of my reality into other ones, where I still exist, and certain realities where I was a living soul inside a non-living thing. Here are my first two trip reports: It is in the same article you just must scroll down to find the second posting, I found them relative enough to keep in the same thread, http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/827495-First-Salvia-Trip-0-5-g-20x?p=14101757#post14101757

Okay, let us get to business. If you're at this sentence to understand what I say from then on out I recommend reading the above link. Go ahead read that and you will know the trips I had, and the extract involved.

Those trips happened in late July, I visited salvia again on September 9, two days ago from typing date. I purchased a gram of 10x online, main reason being salvia's reverse tolerance the indistinct fear 20x had put into me last time. I had been telling all my buddies how crazy it was, so 2 friends head over to my house, their names K & T. My other friend, B, had been with me all day, he was watching me, I was in the middle of extracting LSA from some HWBR seeds. K & T arrive and T had been so ready to try this salvia, him and I have shared many psilocybin and lsd trips together, intense ones. So, out of everyone I know, he is fairly close to having seen everything I have seen, I value his judgement.

We head outside with my lucky pipe and a BIC lighter, people say you need some special lighter, but that never stopped me last time, I assume the same here. I tell him, "T, this is very strong shit, and last time I had a terrible experience, so we are going to barely put any in the bowl and just raise into higher amounts as we go." I sprinkle a safe amount in, and take a light tug, T goes whole-heartedly and rips it. Either of us feel nothing, I notice the color is different on this batch and it is much weaker. Thank god.

I pack another bowl, take another light drag, still being timid. T rips the salvia and gets that body language where they kinda lose grip for a moment. That lasted for like 50 seconds. He came back down and I asked what it was like, him replying he enjoyed it and felt high on marijuana. As we continue to smoke, T got no other effect than feeling high on weed! Eyes red, dazed and high-acting, but you see, he smokes nearly everyday. I've read salvia takes serotonin away from your brain when you smoke it, and that weed does the opposite (yes I know it acts on the kappa opoid receptor as well, I also read it only acts on that part of the brain. So how does it mess with serotonin and the K.O. receptor as well?), with that being said, salvia is unique to each individual, and maybe since he smokes so much marijuana his serotonin levels were boosted to a state already that maybe the salvia tried to trigger a reduction, but just activated the serotinin levels when reducing them to a lower level, but one that is still higher than normal, so he felt high? My best guess but I found that so intriguing. By the way disclaimer: I am not trying to act like I know it all, i just love finding the effects of these natural chemicals on the mind and body. I have been wrong many times in my life, and feel no need to be correct, I just want education. If i am wrong about anything I deem to be fact, please set me straight but do not be an asshole about it.

I feel nothing still, only a slight giddiness and very focused on everything. This time, I pack a fat-ass bowl, K & B have been watching us at this moment and want to take a hit. They took about two or three hits a piece through the rest of the story and feel nothing. Let me get that out of the way so we can continue, yet you still know 100% of what happened, in my opinion they just didn't smoke enough to feel it.

This is where I get caught up. I take my last hit, and immediately get this feeling that my life from the two months ago that I smoked that salvia first, to that moment, had been in a way not significant or just not important at all. It was a feeling that when on salvia you see everything for what it is in it's realest forms, and this day to day reality was not nor could ever be as potent or real as that. I also felt like salvia had in a way tricked me into smoking it again, and even tricked me into getting others to do it. Stupid feeling but I report it all. Then, I remembered being on S (salvia = S I just got tired of typing it) the first time, and living in other realities than this one. In a way it was a connectivity this time, and I got the strangest memory and feeling that how i felt in that moment was what I felt like before I was born and lived this life. It is pure emotion so describing this can get quite difficult.

I could just in a way see past my earthly existence, and onto other existences before this one. What hit after that was depersonalization. I ran into a definition earlier that is perfect, it was so intense and real. Here's the definition so I don't have to scramble for wording:

Depersonalization- "an anomaly of the mechanism by which an individual has self-awareness. It is a feeling of watching oneself act, while having no control over a situation. Sufferers feel they have changed, and the world has become less real, vague, dreamlike, or lacking in significance. It can be a disturbing experience, since many feel that, indeed, they are living in a 'dream'."
That does not fully explain it, derealization also occurred. Definition below.

Derealization - "an alteration in the perception or experience of the external world so that it seems strange or unreal. Other symptoms include feeling as though one's environment is lacking in spontaneity, emotional coloring and depth. It is a dissociative symptom of many conditions, such as psychiatric and neurological disorders, and not a standalone disorder... Derealization is a subjective experience of unreality of the outside world, while depersonalization is unreality in one's sense of self."

Okay, but let me explain my personal experience with those feelings. I got hit with a feeling like I kinda owned nothing, i felt futile and could not even trust my own memory. I remember making the seeds earlier that day, things I had done since last smoking salvia, and some things I experienced on my second trip I can't even put into words, they remain as flashbacks forever in my mind. I was scared that at any moment, I was going to be tripping as hard as I was the first time I ever did it, when I smoked way too much. I put the bowl down and quit smoking, T continued. It is so hard to get this into words guys.

I just felt like salvia takes the comfortability of being one's self away, very well spoken honestly. It takes away what makes you, you. Your brain, in my experience, when given salvinorin A, becomes part of something much larger, and you enter realities where your physical life holds almost no importance. You are put in a perspective where you have no bias and relatable consciousness, it felt so scary to not even trust my own memory. i'm losing wording, the more and more i try to speak on salvia trips they kinda leave my mind, this is the only substance that does that.

This trip was not as scary as the last. I did not leave this Earth. My mind traveled into thoughts and feelings, but I always got to look at my friends where in the past I was completely plucked away from here and went to lands and territories that I could not even fathom before-hand. I believe that salvia lets you see beyond this life, beyond this reality, and beyond you. It is quite a scary feeling during it all, but the thoughts that come to me after and what I realize and how my outlook changes is so rewarding. I feel that this is the one of the most important psychedelics of them all, right there with DMT and ayahausca. It is scary and I am not sure our brains were meant to handle all that this substance lets us see but, I must continue. Maybe I will make tea next. The stuff I am experiencing is so earth-shattering that i could be so selfish to just stop because it is terrifying at times in the moment. You will hear me from me. I know this is a sloppy trip report, I am in a rush and it's been two days. Next time I will keep paper with me to write down the most important stuff. What fascinates me is all my trips thus far have all had the same concept, it is as if I am being shown something i need to know. A lot of people's vary each trip. Thanks for reading.

I have filled many booklets up with notes from salvia trips, maybe a total of 1000 handwritten pages, although in some cases a page may only contain 5 loosely sprawling words, since motor coordination is one of the first things to go at the immaterial state.
You know the salvia scale right:
S - subtle - barely noticeable effects (one inhalation of plain 1x salvia will give me this)
A - alterted - undeniable and noticeable effects (two inhalations of plain 1x salvia will give me this)
L - light visual - alterations to the visual field but not fully hallucinatory ( one breath of 5x will give me this )
V - visionary - hallucinations occur here - I often see toys moving around or interesting people who suddenly show up out of the shadows - (10x - one deep toke held will get me to this state of mind)
I - immaterial - loss of body integration, merging with inanimate objects - this includes gravity distortions (I get this with a big toke of 10x or a small one of 20x)
A - amnesia - this state does not permit memory formation - you lose sense of who you are entirely and cannot remember (I try to avoid this)

My goal is usually V-Visionary, but even if I get too much Salvinorin-A and go all the way to Amnesia, on the way to Amnesia and back it will pass through the V state and I will get something I like even though the Amnesia occurs and I don't really ever want that.

I've gotten out of body experiences on even plain salvia leaf with a torch lighter. Generally unpleasant but fascinating and funny to talk about after.

The torch lighter is not something I would recommend. It actually does not create enough heat for vaporization of salvinorin-A but it produces too much heat for your mouth throat and lung tissue.
All of the salvinorin-A gets into the smoke-stream as tiny liquid droplets when the leaf burns and the smoker inhales.
That's all you need.

Thank you for the interesting read, onaspiringman! ;)

S - subtle - barely noticeable effects (one inhalation of plain 1x salvia will give me this)
A - alterted - undeniable and noticeable effects (two inhalations of plain 1x salvia will give me this)
L - light visual - alterations to the visual field but not fully hallucinatory ( one breath of 5x will give me this )
V - visionary - hallucinations occur here - I often see toys moving around or interesting people who suddenly show up out of the shadows - (10x - one deep toke held will get me to this state of mind)
I - immaterial - loss of body integration, merging with inanimate objects - this includes gravity distortions (I get this with a big toke of 10x or a small one of 20x)
A - amnesia - this state does not permit memory formation - you lose sense of who you are entirely and cannot remember (I try to avoid this)
^^^That's pretty awesome! ;)