• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fearful of an embolism please help

namnoc16

Bluelighter
I don't know what happened but I just posted this and it ddn't show up,so I'll try again.
I haven't used a needle in about 5 years but when I did I had almost no knowledge of harm reduction and the little I had I didn't practice it much.Since I've been on this forum I've been doing lots o reading and my biggest fear is that with all of my irresponsible behavior I possibly could end up having an embolism.I'm posting this because I want to know if thee is anything I can do to minimize the chances that I get one.Whether it's change of diet,exercise, human sacrifice whatever.
I write this in hopes of people that now have a needle problem might read this and hopefully any positive advice I receive and take heed.I never cared about tomorrow while I was jabbing myself and even somewhat welcomed death. I knowingly used a needle after a fellow junky had and I knew he had hep c. I felt so sik and instead of waiting to clean the works or just sniffing the dope my stupid ass said whatever.I guess I acted like that because I always figured I'll just get cured down the road(I know I was literally insane).Thankfully and undeservedly so I took interferon and ribavirin and I've been hep free for 4 years.
The big change fo me ame after being sent to prison for a year I came out and met my wife and ended up having 2 beautiful children and suddenly I again give a fuck. It's amazing while we get fucked up we don't(or at least I) see hope and don't believe things can get better so we don't prepare to have very long lives. I'm living proof that today might be hopeless but we never know whats ahead down the road and choices we make today can permanently limit our future, one in which we actually care bout living.
Today I still use oxycodone but it's prescribed and I take it and my somas as prescribed(my wife has to keep in the safe so I don't get tempted,pathetic huh)I also occasionally smoke mj and even to lesser extent will have a drink.
The reason I fear an embolism is because on top of shooting h and coke I also used to shoot up pills,many pills and all I used was cotton or cigarette filters.I know I haven't deserved the happieness my family has given me but I so selfishly now want to stick around. Please if anyone can offer advice(especially a doctor) I would be truly appreciative.
I fid it amazing I pretty much did everything I could to kill myself back then and nowI'm groveling to stick around to see my children grow up and possibly my grand children. I hope I can be the bad example for someone else out there!
Thanks in advance for all replies!