• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Favourite cheap and easy home cooked staples?

Bleaney

Bluelighter
After a long time away from supermarket own brand tinned beans and sausages (I prefer them to Heinz etc) I've recently returned to this cheap item.

Combined with Aldi Homestyle straight oven chips and one or 2 fried eggs, it's such an easy and top value inexpensive meal. Probably very little nutritional value, but plenty of protein in the beans and eggs and not too fatty either. The whole meal probably costs less than £2, and other than batch cooking it's becoming more difficult to eat enjoyable meals for very little expense.

Last edited:
I dunno if you can get this or not but instant cheese grits that can be microwaved are the bomb. Especially when you add some shredded cheese.

I dunno if you can get this or not but instant cheese grits that can be microwaved are the bomb. Especially when you add some shredded cheese.

WTF are cheese grits?

Are you talking Merkin cheese?

Fuck that shit. If it ain't cheddar, it ain't worth a wank.

Sorry... 😀

WTF are cheese grits?

Are you talking Merkin cheese?

Fuck that shit. If it ain't cheddar, it ain't worth a wank.

Sorry... 😀
Grits are made from dried, ground corn (sort of like cream of wheat but corn instead of wheat).
Cheese grits Is grits with cheese in them.

89ac2af8-e901-4c5e-a233-bfa913f6bd5f.cbcf7720763dd0350a969f07f98a1b8a.jpeg

150 second breakfast

Put to boil a mugs worth of water in the kettle/in a pan,chuck toast on low in toaster, heat frying pan to medium, oiled, add 3 x thin sliced garlic cloves, simmer until they cook but don't burn; a few seconds, lower to low heat, crack in three eggs, add a pinch of salt and pepper and throw the sauteed garlic on the formed egg whites(spatula advisory), chop a cup of parsley finely. Throw it all over the eggs and cover for 20 seconds while pouring the now boiled water onto your coffee or tea, butter toast, uncover eggs and serve on one slice of butter toast, dip with the other

Cheap af, fast af, a good breakfast/brunch two days of the week imo. Cost under 0.50c per serving, probably

90 second breakfast.

4 x Weetabix in a bowl.

Pour water onto Weetabix until it's saturated.

Add a generous helping of demerara sugar

Top off with golden syrup, maple syrup, honey, or jizz - whatever floats yer boat.

Microwave on full for 90 seconds, stir well, then feed your fuckin face.

The amount of water can be adjusted to suit your preferred consistency. I like it not too sloppy, but not too firm (as the actress said to Harvey Weinstein).

I never put milk on Weetabix any more, plain old water is so much better...

90 second breakfast.

4 x Weetabix in a bowl.

Top off with golden syrup, maple syrup, honey, or jizz - whatever floats yer boat.

The amount of water can be adjusted to suit your preferred consistency. I like it not too sloppy, but not too firm (as the actress said to Harvey Weinstein).

I grew up on that lol

4 x Weetabix in a bowl.

Water on weetabix 💀💀💀

I can actually cook so I eat real food but can’t go wrong with cheese and beans on toast or jacket spud.

You can do a roast chicken dinner for four on a tenner if you want to, hard to beat that for £2.50 a plate.

Ham hocks are one of the best value things you can buy. Boil one up and then eat it with fried egg and chips, or turn the broth in to vegetable and ham soup with some crusty bread. Feed four on a fiver like that.

Sausage and mash with onion gravy is always a winner and cheap. Sausage and lentil casserole is great too, or sausage Ragu on pasta.

Water on weetabix 💀💀💀

I can actually cook so I eat real food but can’t go wrong with cheese and beans on toast or jacket spud.

You can do a roast chicken dinner for four on a tenner if you want to, hard to beat that for £2.50 a plate.

Ham hocks are one of the best value things you can buy. Boil one up and then eat it with fried egg and chips, or turn the broth in to vegetable and ham soup with some crusty bread. Feed four on a fiver like that.

Sausage and mash with onion gravy is always a winner and cheap. Sausage and lentil casserole is great too, or sausage Ragu on pasta.
Some good ideas there, CITH. I can cook too, it's just that during the working week I prefer things on the quick and easy side. With a little concession to some fresh veggies for health now and then, so I'll chop up some peppers and red onions to go on top of a spicy meat feast pizza, or have fresh runner beans to go with a 'special range' pre made cottage pie etc.

A dish I may have invented is diced up chicken breast, brown lightly, then add fresh diced peppers, cook through, then add a tin of ratatouille and a good spurt of tomato Puré to the pan and warm through. Then loads of garlic just before mixing in cooked pasta. If there's time, oven bake the whole lot and top with freshly grated parmesan and cracked pepper. Man is that a nice dish. Quite healthy too I guess.

I do huge batches of chilli or bolognese, bulked out with loads of veggies. I eat one portion and freeze 9 every time I make it. If I ever start getting bored of chilli with rice or bolognese with spaggeti or linguini, I turn both into oven baked with pasta dishes which changes them up a bit.

Last edited:
Fish finger sarnie with Siracha chilli sauce. Motherfucker.
Sausage, eggs, beans and chips. Marmite in the partially mashed beans and mayo on the chips.