Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fake pentobarbital

smilly

Greenlighter
i took pentobarbital in the us (recreational), helped with my insomnia. don't know what I bought (in australia) but it definitely does not help. does genuine pentobarbital exist here or have i moved to the wrong place?
thanks.

Homeless -> Australian Drug Discussion

Welcome to Bluelight.

Yes, it does!
I personally find it takes quite a lot of phenob for me to feel any effect! It could just be your pharmacogenetics/geneticpolymorisms (most likely the latter). A reducing in expression of GABA(A) subreceptors. Probably gamma and one of the beta (afaik, I'm on the bus so can't check) one.

Is pentobarbital prescribed in Australia? I thought with the whole euthanasia thing it was banned or some shit.

Is pentobarbital prescribed in Australia? I thought with the whole euthanasia thing it was banned or some shit.

yesss, it's not entirely legal... (vets use it for anesthetic and putting animals down, apparently - so it's around)

thanks for the reply Tyrael.. but youre gonna have to dumb it down for me... :\

Hey smilly, sorry, I think I've been studying/examming too much!! -_- >_< .....

What I mean is that the amount (or quality) of receptors for the drug (phentob. in this case) is less than most people. So the effect you get from x-amount of drug is less and hence it'll take you more to achieve the same amount of effect (as others might). This occurs with many drugs - more so some than others.

Having said that, please remember that you can always take more, but once taken you can't "untake" it. Meaning be safe, start off with small quantities and titrate (work your way) up. One more hint, barbiturates (especially orally) are known to take quite a while for the effects to start. So you might take some, think it's not working and take more. Just watch out for that. :) One last thing, DON'T drink whilst on any barbiturates! People drink whilst on on benzos - which they shouldn't really by all accounts but at least they're a lot more forgiving than barbs! - but it's a lot more easier to OD on polydrug use of the combo alcohol/barbs!

Oh, of course in the end they could just be bunk, there's no way of me telling from here. lol

Anyway, be safe brother! =D

On the prescription in Aus side of things, I can tell you that it is prescribed, just quite rarely. It's even on the PBS listing.

Last edited:
Wow thats really surprising that its on the PBS, Probably unlikely but I wonder if any sympathetic doctors have prescribed it to terminally ill patients wanting to top themselves.

Wow thats really surprising that its on the PBS, Probably unlikely but I wonder if any sympathetic doctors have prescribed it to terminally ill patients wanting to top themselves.

I doubt it. Not by any clinicians I know anyway. The nurses wouldn't allow it anyway. A few of my mates who work in palliative care (it's the nurses generally who administer drugs) would double check what's written on the med chart - I doubt something (a dosage that large) would "slip through".

It's more often prescribed for epilepsy (and epilepsy-like conditions. The drug profile is good for that) or as a last (or near to last) ditch effort for certain indications (certain parasomnias and such). Not all that often used now days though. Benzodiazepines are the gold standard now.

Last edited: