• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Facial Hair Tips for Women

stolemyheart87

Ex-Bluelighter
What methods do you use, when it comes to your facial hair, for your ladies. And I am referring to the hair on your lower lip and chin, do you shave it off, wax it, pluck it, etc. What's the best and worst way to get rid of this type of hair.

I get it waxed at my nail salon. No problems so far just hurts like a bitch.

I have used a razor on my face for over a decade because it's really good exfoliation (ever notice how nice the skin usually is on a man's face who shaves everyday). Now that I am older I just shave under my chin as well as I have a few course hairs that have grown in. Unfortunately they are light blonde so I can have them permanently removed as those procedures only work for dark hair. Waxing/plucking would probably be the most efficient as it takes a while for the hair to grow back but I like the exfoliation of shaving. Contrary to popular belief the hair does not grow back thicker or darker.

Doesn't the hair grow back thicker and quicker by using any of these methods?

No. i think that myth started when people with darker hair did this. Prior to shaving their hair had a lot of time to be exposed to the elements, various products, and the sun which and thin and lighten it. It's going to grow back to its natural form, so if it's been bleached by the sun the new hair will be obviously darker. I don't think people realize how quick hair actually grows so when they shave and have stubble later in the evening or next morning it seems like it's growing faster but it's not. If shaving made hair thicker and grow faster women would be shaving their heads for thick lush fast growing hair lol ;)

It just doesn't respond to laser.

https://www.realself.com/question/laser-hair-removal-blonde-fair-skin