• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids EXTREME pain after snorting nucynta ( tapentadol ), desperate for help??

euphoricrelief

Greenlighter
Hey all,
Forgive me if this isn't in the right topic, I figured this would be harm reduction.

i just want to start by saying this:
YES, I am aware how bad it is to snort pills.
YES, I am aware how bad nucynta is supposed to burn when snorted.
YES, I know I need to stop before I completely fuck up my nose and sinuses.
and YES, I know the only "real" solution to stop the pain would be to stop snorting them.

So.

Ive been on nucynta on and off for 5 years. I started by taking 50 mg every 8 hours as needed, and I only needed them every couple of days. That all changed when I got my first job at a fast food joint, and my dosage became 100 mg every 6 hours, but then the pain was getting worse so I went against the instructions and started taking 200mg just whenever I felt like I needed it. As time went on, I lost my script legally for not takin it right, so I started buying blues. I took them orally at first and was good with it. Then I took a trip to the ER and left with 4mg dilaudid pills, and taking them orally literally did not do a single thing, so I started snorting them and that's when everything went downhill since then. Snorting stopped working, so snorting became shooting, and eventually blues and D's became heroin. I'm proud to say I've been heroin free for 6 months and haven't touched a needle since.

But I digress, so let me cut to the chase.

i got my nucynta script back, and taking them orally isn't doing it for me anymore, so I now snort the correct doses which is 100-200mg every 4 hours. As I said, I am completely aware that there is pretty much no other anything let alone no other pill that burns worse than nucynta ( to put things in perspective for those who haven't snorted nucynta, it makes snorting APAP not hurt whatsoever, it literally feels like you're snorting acid with sand in it, and god forbid any gets on the rim of your nostril, it instantly turns red and begins peeling like an actual burn heals ), and I learned that the first time I did it, but luckily it went away within about a minute ( if only the runny nose after went away as fast, it's 4 hours later and my nostrils are still pouring out the floodgates ).
But now, that is opposite of the case. My nose burns like absolute hell for hours after, my mouth is even worse and literally feels like there's shards of glass that are on fire on the roof of my mouth and the back of my throat, and there's not a single thing that makes the pain go away, I do mouthfuls of crushed ice, holding near boiling water in my mouth for 10-30 secs then swallowing it, coating my entire mouth with numbing canker sore medicine before and after snorting, flushing my sinuses out with a neti pot, using a bulb syringe to suck out anything the membranes didn't absorb, fucking everything, and nothing makes the pain even subside let alone go away. And on top of that, I get so congested that i can't inhale or exhale out if my nose even if I push as hard as I can, yet my nose at the time is pouringly running at all times. And just in case y'all don't know, nucynta has an orange wax coating, and I rinse off as much of it as possible without losing any mg's.

I know that this will stop if I stop snorting them, but I am in pain that brings me to tears every second of the day, and taking them orally just doesn't work anymore, so it's not really an option if I want to keep my job. Can someone PLEASE tell me what I can do to help with the excruciating pain from snorting the tapentadol so I can stay out of the excruciating pain from my health? Orally and banging isn't an option either.

Last edited:
Hi there!
Have you tried lidocaine? I know they make swabs. Maybe calamine lotion? But I have a question if you dont mind. . ok, maybe it's just me but I've never heard of this drug. I looked it up and it appears to be like a mix of tramadol and morphine? What's makes a doc prescribe that instead of a more common script? Just wondering. Do you know what the chemical is in there that's causing the burning? man, im sorry your dealing with this. I hope the pain stops or someone can give you better advice than me!

Hi Euphoricrelief, im not a doctor but i can share my own opinion.
My father had really back pain and took nucynta 50mgs morning and 100mgs night, he never used any kind of drugs, even cannabis. First time he took those pill he start nod so bad. Nucynta work a bit for him, he dont want to increase dosage beacause "I sleep all the way" he said.

Now me: i was an heroin addicted, used almost any kind of opiates and now im 4 years clean from H, and tapering methadone til the end of this shit (10mgs/daily). I took nucynta just to try it, a 150mg and felt NOTHING. I guess nucynta works for some people like my father, its a mild-potent opiate but not that powerful; in a person like me, addicted to something or has been, its just fresh water (italian common saying).
To give you an advice, stop snorting it, i know what you think (Im not judging you AT ALL, I know what it means being addicted and being in pain) but you has no benefits, pharaceutically speaking.

I used pregabalin aka lyrica, and works good for some kind of pain, it helps me even for withdrawal from opiates. But definitly you need a new medication, something strong to kick off your hateful pain. Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Dihydrocodeine, Morphine... I mean in pill form, dont shoot anything due to your previous addiction to H (she's a bitch). Go to your doctor, if you can, an speak honestly 'bout your condition to have a new kind of painkiller.
If you don't want to took opiates anymore, even in pill form, by my experience give a try to lyrica.