• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Experienced Psychonaut - Pure Mescaline Dose?

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
Okay I am being given 500mg of pure Synthetic Mescaline(not sure whether Sulphate or Hydrochloride, will edit when I know soon).

I have done LSD, many 2C's(B, E, T7, I), many Triptamines(4acodmt, Mush, DMT,), MDMA/MDA, Salvia, Ketamine/DXM and Cacti in small doses. So enough psychedelic drugs to know what they are about.

Because I'm only getting 500mg and will probably never come across this again, I want to get the most out of it and obtain a state of full on psychedelia, not just the "MDMA-like body high", I want to break through if you will.

Is it a silly idea to take 350mg, then 150mg an hour later at an outdoor, camping psy-trance party(150-400 friendly ppl?) I know I'll throw up, I'm not worried about that.

What I am worried about is what happened to my friend. We had LSD+MDMA+Weed+Nitrous on the weekend and he hadn't smoked pot in awhile. He had a cone(Aussie term for bowl of pot)and a bulb and his mind broke for a loooong time. I had to look after him, I made a thread about it(I'm on my phone so can't link). But he was in a complete other world, we were on high doses but I was on a fair bit more than him. I've never experienced that and tend to experience psychedelics positively and can take care of myself.

Also am I right in thinking that because it's a phen that there's very little chance I'll lose my mind? Triptamines are a little scary for me but with phens it's just the body load that concerns me.
Sorry for the long post, I'm just curious.

Some thoughts:
- How much is that episode with your friend still bothering you? Depending on that you may want to wait some time before trying any psychedelic again.
- How familiar are you with trying a new substance in that kind of setting? I personally wouldn't try somehting new outside the comfort of my home or that of a good friend.
- I don't have experience with mescaline, but afaik it is consistently described as very gentle, I mean if a psychedelic-naive Aldous Huxley could stomach 400mg, titrating doesn't seem as important as with other psychedelics. But definitely make sure, it's not some 2C-X or something else sold as mescaline.

If your dosages of other psychs are generally average, and you will have friends nearby, you can have 500mg. My friend handled 630mg well, although it was not easy for him to navigate and act, luckily me and other friends were nearby. Keep in mind, though, he is person who can handle strong trips without being torn apart.

Despite Mesc being phen, with more than 500mg you can loose your mind as easy as with LSD or tryptamines.

Keep in mind, though, the main trait of mescaline is that it is gentle and intricate, so the border between MDMAsque body high and revelation is very blurred.

I recently took 550mg of self extracted mescaline HCl. The experience was intense and kind of reminiscent of mushrooms in that it didnt give me energy and made me content to just chilling. I am very very capable of acting normal on almost all doses of LSD to the point where there is not a task i can not accomplish on 5 hits of L however, mescaline was not like that for me. I was not at risk of "losing the plot" as it were but i was definitely not going to appear normal to my parents for the 3-4 hours i was peaked. I had planned it so they wouldnt be around for that time as i figured i may not handle it like L.

I would go as far as to say it was one of the more psychedelic experiences i have had in a while. The "mind fuck possible thought loops" didnt seem there but the play on lights and sounds was pretty intense. L does not effect my ability to see my phone nor does it make lights distracting, i could still use my phone on mescaline it just seemed very bright.

I too am the type of person who can say "tripping is never tripping hard enough" and literally mean it however, i will not take mescaline out into the world yet, that was my first experience but there was like 30 minutes where i was just going "wow, i cant believe i got this from a plant, wow i mean its just wow" and i routinely take 5 hits of L to go out to clubs and shit LOL.

Edit just so you know:

Time till peak for me was 1.5h, first effects took hold around 45-55 mins.
I was still tripping and couldnt sleep at hour 14 and I actively chose to try to purge but didnt feel the need. I only did so because i was about to rail ketamine in a club at hour 10 and was like "my stomach feels weird" but i was just starving.

Definitely eat beforehand and be prepared for a long haul and also in my case a distinct desire to not move once seated. I was literally at a club on hour 10 sitting staring at a dj play because i had 0 energy, it was amazing but im use to dancing so it felt weird.

Some thoughts:
- I don't have experience with mescaline, but afaik it is consistently described as very gentle, I mean if a psychedelic-naive Aldous Huxley could stomach 400mg,QUOTE]

Aldous Huxley was in the comfort of his home with an experienced and open minded psychiatrist, he was also well aware of the effects of psychedelics, moreover the mescaline was pharmaceutical grade stuff...

I just actually read fear and loathing in las vegas for the first time after seeing the film about a hundred times. I was really surprised how they take mescaline.

They eat multiple pellets of it a day for days at a time and drive and go out for dinner and shit. But whe. they eat one blotter of acid theyre seeing lizards.

I know its gonzo, but hunter thompson did a lot of mescaline.

Anyway OP, what is synethic mescaline. I always thought thats what 2-CE was.

@Lexx:

Synthetic mescaline is perhaps a marketing ploy for analogues like 2C-E much like any (mostly 4-subbed) tryptamine may be sold as "synthetic psilocin"... but in reality synthetic mescaline (and psilocin) are the lab-made compounds that are also found in cactus / mushroom. The difference tends to be that synthetic products in this case don't tend to have other active chems present as 'impurity' while in cactus or mushroom there are other minor alkaloids present.
Synthetics can still be impure, but typically that just makes them less potent, not qualitatively different.

Sometimes it can appear that the isolated compound can feel more 'pure', felt on its own, but missing part of the essence felt in the more complex alkaloid mix present in natural sources.

Anyway I wouldn't take mescaline at a festival or party... Yeah the empathogenesis might be nice, but it can also be a very sensitive and personal experience. Going for the recreational or fully psychedelic aspect seems like a gamble cause you can't force the trip to be like that.

In my case both times it was entheogenic, visionary and deeply empathogenic but not so psychedelic as we tend to recognize psychedelics. It was more the crystal-clear transparency and transcendence that I have sometimes gotten with acid, with the body feeling and empathy of MDMA, and spiritual visions... but not really anything very recreational or trippy.

I would definitely save it for a more peaceful setting.

About your friend: getting stuck in a mental loop from nitrous can happen to anyone, especially with repeats and on drug combos. IMO

Can't really predict how the trip will turn out in a festival setting... but going psycho / delirious wouldn't be my big concern... still I wouldn't do it.
Pushing the dose especially in an uncontrollable setting to try and force the psychedelic side of mescaline to come out is both a risk in several ways, and a waste.

I would probably opt for another drug, but you pose a dilemma: you can't really attempt to break through without risking losing the plot... bungee-jumping into the void is an unknown, you can't have it both ways if you ask me.. tho granted some psychedelics like 2C-B or 2C-C may be less 'freaky' than say DPT which would be a pretty horrific way to try and break through at a festival.. just to illustrate.

Just think about that possibility. You go to the outdoor party and take your 500 mg of mescaline. It turns out its much stronger than expected, but you can handle it. Things are going fine, you just met a nice girl high on a hefty dose of LSD/MDMA and she is by herself at the doof. You like her very much and care for her, after a few hours, you both smoke a bowl to chill and she start to slip in the same psychotic state your friend experienced last week…

What I’d personally do with 500 mg of mescaline is first check the melting point and test it with Marquis reagent. If it’s the real stuff, I’d find a good friend, experienced with psychedelics to be my sober sitter. I’d wait for a perfect day: nice weather, well rested, in high spirit and ready for the unexpected.

Then I’d start the 500 mg mescaline trip at home in the morning with the sober sitter, nobody else around. I’d lie on a couch with a blindfold and headphones, listening quiet ambient psytrance and proceed to explore my consciousness. After a couple of hours I’d get up to explore the house and the garden, talk a little, maybe listen to more upbeat music or watch a trippy abstract video on YouTube. After the peak we’d go out to the beach, play Frisbee, swim naked, sunbathe and be one with nature. On the comedown when its get dark, we’d built a small fire, gaze at the stars, smoke a small bowl and talk about how great it was and how wonderful the world is.

If people can handle thier shit on high doses of DOx chems at shows, I would bet you could handle mescaline. I ate around 10mg(spaced out over the day( at a festival and it was fucking wild. But I would say if I could take a balls to the wall DOC trip during my towns local river fest and not have anything go wrong mescaline would be a piece of cake in the same setting, but that is just me.

^Utilize caution with the dose on those DOX chemicals. 10mg is an abnormally heavy dose. DOX chemicals cause dangerous physical complications in overdose such as death of peripheral tissue. People report peripheral vascular adverse reactions at doses less than your doses. Keep your dose low and avoid those issues.

Definitely go for the full 500mg. Definitely don't do it at a party. I'm not against using psychs recreationally, at all, but mescaline doesn't come around much, and it's really something special IMO.

I also think it's chronically underdosed. For me, 500mg was as strong as 150-200ug of LSD. I combined 900mg with 2 tabs of acid and it was very strong but also amazing and positive.

I'd recommend taking Zofran with it if you can find it, and trying to keep a relatively normal eating schedule. If you can keep food down, your body will thank you for the energy you give it.

^Utilize caution with the dose on those DOX chemicals. 10mg is an abnormally heavy dose. DOX chemicals cause dangerous physical complications in overdose such as death of peripheral tissue. People report peripheral vascular adverse reactions at doses less than your doses. Keep your dose low and avoid those issues.
I haven't touched it in about a year and a half, doubt I will again. Like I said it wasn't dosed all at once It started with around 4mg and we ate a few more 2mg hits as the night night went on just to keep things going. Wouldn't eat that much all at once fersure. Honestly it probably wasn't the best idea, as we were high for well over 24 hours but all in all I have went much harder on doc than that. I commonly see posters on here take 6-8+mg in a single dose, would a few redoses really make that much difference?

Last edited:
It prolly would seeing as the dose response curve on DOC is pretty high ..most people say how even a 1/2 mg higher is a big difference

It prolly would seeing as the dose response curve on DOC is pretty high ..most people say how even a 1/2 mg higher is a big difference
a big difference when dosed at rhe same time, but notwhen redosed for sure. The second doses didn't increase pychedelia they just kept the trip from leveling off. Not saying it was the smartest thing I have done, but it was much more namagable than say 6-7mg all at once.