• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

exercise and opioids

bookshelf1

Bluelighter
anyone had done any sport while using opioids?when ever i do exercise(even slowly) an hour before using opioids i get pain in my heart....i want to know if anyone has experienced such thing?
i don't have problem when i exercise without opioid usage.but when ever i am using it i get heart pain after exercise.

What opioid specifically are we talking about here? Some opioids do in fact carry major cardiovascular risks, such as methadone at higher doses and there are also some very toxic analogues of methadone and fentanyl...i believe they both are piperidine derived drugs, so some subcategories of piperidines carry these risks.

oxycodone
i've tried heroin it was the same problem
i guess it is my own heart problem not related to anything
What opioid specifically are we talking about here? Some opioids do in fact carry major cardiovascular risks, such as methadone at higher doses and there are also some very toxic analogues of methadone and fentanyl...i believe they both are piperidine derived drugs, so some subcategories of piperidines carry these risks.

oxycodone
i've tried heroin it was the same problem
i guess it is my own heart problem not related to anything
Oxycodone stimulates kappa opioid receptors more than other opioids, which can cause dysphoria and too much stimulation, so i imagine its placebo and you are experiencing a tight chest from anxiety. I could never work out on oxy, it makes me super nauseated.

Generally speaking, by nature, opiates are not all that hard on the body. Of course with excess, water can be dangerous to drink too much of. I’m also not sure if opioids (synthetic opiates) are as safe as naturally occurring opiates. Where opioids are certainly harmful to your system is when they are scaled with Tylenol or any other OTC anti-inflammatory NSAID. I’ve always been amazed that they would put Tylenol into a pill that would be abused by some. However, from my understanding, when an opiate/opioid had another med in it, and therefore not really meant for the spoon, they used to be a Schedule III, whereas a straight opiate/opioid medication has traditionally been a Schedule II. They’ve now changed that to where most opioids are Schedule II, except for Tylenol III’s and IV’s (with Codeine) is a Schedule IV or V. Also, if you are one of the unfortunate types where the constipation issue with opioids hits you particularly hard, you could cause great stress on the heart by trying to push so hard that it stresses the heart particularly hard. (Reference Elvis)
I’d bet your heart pain is from something else unless you’ve gone through a part of your life where you’ve done a lot of abusing of these drugs.

Generally speaking, by nature, opiates are not all that hard on the body. Of course with excess, water can be dangerous to drink too much of. I’m also not sure if opioids (synthetic opiates) are as safe as naturally occurring opiates. Where opioids are certainly harmful to your system is when they are scaled with Tylenol or any other OTC anti-inflammatory NSAID. I’ve always been amazed that they would put Tylenol into a pill that would be abused by some. However, from my understanding, when an opiate/opioid had another med in it, and therefore not really meant for the spoon, they used to be a Schedule III, whereas a straight opiate/opioid medication has traditionally been a Schedule II. They’ve now changed that to where most opioids are Schedule II, except for Tylenol III’s and IV’s (with Codeine) is a Schedule IV or V. Also, if you are one of the unfortunate types where the constipation issue with opioids hits you particularly hard, you could cause great stress on the heart by trying to push so hard that it stresses the heart particularly hard. (Reference Elvis)
I’d bet your heart pain is from something else unless you’ve gone through a part of your life where you’ve done a lot of abusing of these drugs.
who is elvis?
that opioid additives(tylenol) is very malevolence.its like someone thinks with himself drinking too much water is bad for everyone so i should contaminate all the water supplies to stop them.
even if their thought basis is on the death numbers,its not ethical to force everyone to live when you know some don't want.
instead they could create those safe rooms(i don't remember the name) for drug users to make them reach what they want in a safe place.or they could tell them more exact instructions to prevent overusage,and not just scare them.
i think my heart problem is related to platelet count,because i have used some medication that lowered it and i did a blood test and approved it.maybe my blood flow changes after exercise and somehow makes the pain.

who is elvis?
that opioid additives(tylenol) is very malevolence.its like someone thinks with himself drinking too much water is bad for everyone so i should contaminate all the water supplies to stop them.
even if their thought basis is on the death numbers,its not ethical to force everyone to live when you know some don't want.
instead they could create those safe rooms(i don't remember the name) for drug users to make them reach what they want in a safe place.or they could tell them more exact instructions to prevent overusage,and not just scare them.
i think my heart problem is related to platelet count,because i have used some medication that lowered it and i did a blood test and approved it.maybe my blood flow changes after exercise and somehow makes the pain.
You really don’t know who Elvis Presley is/was?

I’ve always been amazed that they would put Tylenol into a pill that would be abused by some.
There were a couple incidents years ago when I would consume 10-20 hydros or percos a day and became so sick that I felt I was going to freakin die from retching up a green/yellow bile the next morning for hours. Violently retching. To the point that I would feel like my heart would explode or blood vessels rupture throughout my body.
Not sure why it didnt occur to me that it was the APAP that was causing it cause if it was roxis or other form of unadulterated opioid this has never happened.
After the second time It dawned on me that I was poinsoning myself with all that tylenol and refused to take anymore when they were offered or prescribed.
There is an elderly woman in a HUD housing "high rise" that has lost a kidney, is a cancer survivor and has many other issues that is prescibed oxy with APAP but she is told by her Drs to stay away from tylenol or and other NSAID. She is a friend of mine and after hearing all of this brought it up that they are indeed feeding her tylenol with her pain meds (after asking to see what she was taking) and she should bring this up to her Drs as she says she has to protect the only kidney she has left.
Not sure if she followed through with this but next time I visit will ask.

Last edited:
I have been on opiates while lifting weights for years. No heart pain. You should look into that. The opiates did decimate my natural testosterone levels, though, so I had to pin my own T