• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Excessive MDMA and/or Vyvanse use Effects

rutgers88

Greenlighter
Hi all,

Going to try to keep this concise, had a question about how both of these work.

I’ve taken MDMA probably about 8-10 times between Sep. 2021 and March 2022. Adderall & Vyvanse both at high doses probably about 10 times in that same period. All used as rave drugs.

Have had two full blown extreme panic attacks (I assume that’s what they were, but they lasted for hours rather than minutes) March 26 and April 23. I was on MDMA for the March instance and had chalked it up to that. I was sober for the April incident. Looking back, the only commonality between the two was that I was at I had taken a high dose Vyvanse the night before. In fact, both of the panic attacks occurred about 18 hours after taking the Vyvanse in both cases. I woke up the morning after in March just fine, but since the April incident, I was in a state of intense anxiety for a week (thought I was dying for days), which has since transformed into depression which is now mostly intense dissociation/derealization (I assume a coping mechanism of sorts). My emotions are completely blunted, my cognition is slowed, my brain is foggy, I can’t focus, and small tasks seem incredibly substantial. I’ve been stuck needing to “snap out of it” for almost 4 months. It’s really awful.

Anyway, has anyone else had a similar experience? This might not even be the right site for something like this, but I stumbled across it and it seemed to be a place I could ask a question of this nature. It seems outrageous that one night of a high dose Vyvanse could do this, but maybe somehow it pushed my brain over some sort of threshold. It doesn’t even seem like my drug usage in those months was too high at all. It seems weird to me that I could tell you the exact moment I fell into this awful funk and haven’t been able to flip the switch back into my normal self. Been almost 4 months of this and I’m hoping for an answer as to how the hell this all works as it’s ruining my life. Thanks all - just an ignorant college kid

Last edited:
This is what happens when you severely disrupt your neurochemicals and receptors. Its a very common story i heard time and time again over at Ecstasy Discussion subforum.
What you need is time and healthy approaches and you will get through this. The panic attacks are good and also horrible in a sense because they are warning signs your body is warning you that you are overdoing or that what you were taking was not even mdma and you need to take a more cautious approach , or possibly that your body and brain and psychological response to taking drugs too many times in a space that you are used to and throwing our this SOS to you.
A panic attack can sure has hell prevent further use of a drug even if for only a time, the trouble is the brain and the body remembers the response all too well so the chances are if you try again too soon it will happen again. If you get right and well first and maintain that for a while then dose much later on you might simply have a better experience and not a repeat (for a while at least).

You need to ask yourself on those occasions : What was different? Did i overconsume caffeine that day? Had i been getting enough sleep? Have i been worrying about things in general ? the fact the 2 panic attacks were close together shows you were not ready for the 2nd time getting on it unless of course what you took as i said was not ecstasy.

I recommend you head over to Ecstasy Discussion and read around in there you will see many similiar stories.
Take care of yourself you only get 1 body, 1 brain.

Thank you and I appreciate the response. The weird thing to me has always been I was completely sober during that April panic attack. Only thing I had consumed was a high dose Vyvanse the night before (not prescribed). No MDMA involved at all. Thoughts?

Hi all,

Going to try to keep this concise, had a question about how both of these work.

I’ve taken MDMA probably about 8-10 times between Sep. 2021 and March 2022. Adderall & Vyvanse both at high doses probably about 10 times in that same period. All used as rave drugs.

Have had two full blown extreme panic attacks (I assume that’s what they were, but they lasted for hours rather than minutes) March 26 and April 23. I was on MDMA for the March instance and had chalked it up to that. I was sober for the April incident. Looking back, the only commonality between the two was that I was at I had taken a high dose Vyvanse the night before. In fact, both of the panic attacks occurred about 18 hours after taking the Vyvanse in both cases. I woke up the morning after in March just fine, but since the April incident, I was in a state of intense anxiety for a week (thought I was dying for days), which has since transformed into depression which is now mostly intense dissociation/derealization (I assume a coping mechanism of sorts). My emotions are completely blunted, my cognition is slowed, my brain is foggy, I can’t focus, and small tasks seem incredibly substantial. I’ve been stuck needing to “snap out of it” for almost 4 months. It’s really awful.

Anyway, has anyone else had a similar experience? This might not even be the right site for something like this, but I stumbled across it and it seemed to be a place I could ask a question of this nature. It seems outrageous that one night of a high dose Vyvanse could do this, but maybe somehow it pushed my brain over some sort of threshold. It doesn’t even seem like my drug usage in those months was too high at all. It seems weird to me that I could tell you the exact moment I fell into this awful funk and haven’t been able to flip the switch back into my normal self. Been almost 4 months of this and I’m hoping for an answer as to how the hell this all works as it’s ruining my life. Thanks all - just an ignorant college kid
There are actually research or two out there implying that ecstacy use which isn't even manically frequent can whack out for example cortisol levels and all kind of things and it causes side effects which are easily distinct to researchers. Stress and emotion regulation was huge issue.

Drugs are powerful. Molly insanely so even it is fine rarely used.

Thank you and I appreciate the response. The weird thing to me has always been I was completely sober during that April panic attack. Only thing I had consumed was a high dose Vyvanse the night before (not prescribed). No MDMA involved at all. Thoughts?
The effects of overusing drugs or the damage caused can always appear , especially in mental health issue form later on, its like heres your Bill for that rave you got fucked up at