• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Etizolam Taper Advice - help me out?

adumbral

Greenlighter
Hi everyone.
Long story short, I've been abusing Etizolam (and occasionally diazepam) for six months, intermittently at first, but on a daily basis now for at least 3 months. Over the last month I've been averaging about 5-8 mg a day. I've been intending to taper off and quit for a while, but as these things go, the intentions haven't turned into actions as I've been avoiding the inevitable withdrawal that I know is coming. I work a 9-5 job that requires a lot of concentration, and I've been dreading the thought of spending days/weeks at work in anguish/stress/extreme anxiety.

I've just been informed that my latest delivery has been delayed by two weeks, so in effect I'm going to be forced into quitting. I know objectively that this is a good thing, but of course I'm worried as I don't know how severe the withdrawal will be or what to expect.
I have 9 x 1mg etizolam and one diazepam remaining, can anyone suggest an optimum taper schedule? My system is currently accustomed to having 2-3 mg in the morning and then the rest later in the day.

I also have some pregabalin hanging around, I don't usually take that (tried once, didn't enjoy the effects) but I've heard reports it can help with Benzo withdrawal? Is this true or just BS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm more than a little nervous about the coming days.

i’m not a medical professional and this is not medical advice ...

1mg in morning, 1 8 hours later, 1 8 hours later

1mg in morning (the second you wake up), 1mg at night (a second before you go to bed)

.75mg morning, .75mg at night

.5mg morning, .5mg night

.5mg morning, .25mg night

.25mg morning, .25mg night

.25mg morning, start breaking up the valium at this point. which you did not provide the mg of.

i would not do the above. it’s too fast. you don’t have enough left for a safe taper and etizolam is too short acting. i’d go crying to a doctor.

Last edited:
Yeah thats not enough to taper. You need more valium. Obviously start taking the minimum amount possible to stay out of withdrawal while you make a doctor appointment. Go to the ER if you run out completely

I agree. You don't have enough to taper. I would get more even if you end up throwing leftovers away later. WD can be very dangerous physically, and, mentally.