Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Etaqualone (smoked) - New Experience

headlight

Greenlighter
Disclaimer: This is little to no info on the half life, metabolism, safety of smoking, or bioavailability of this substance. I don't advise you to consume it, but if you do, please be careful, and don't be swayed by people saying 'I took 3x that much and nothing happened'. That can easily leads to mistakes.

Update: The pleasant/unpleasant effects, and general trip report below are FAR more to do with an MDAI comedown than with etaqualone, please disregard all in BLUE

Hi Everyone,
I have read every etaqualone experience report I have found, and none of them seem similar to mine at all (especially the smoked accounts). The Etaqualone was aquired from a reputable source, and it is unscheduled where we live - here you go:

I Felt 'unusual' when I woke up, probably due to using mdai on saturday and sunday nights - somewhat like I was walking through a dream. I took 2mg prescription lorazepam and 200mg 5htp and felt a bit more 'even'.

I had also insufflated a small amount of etaqualone on a nail file tip to test for effects and felt that it produced somewhat of a sedation, but put it down to the placebo effect.

I have read reports of people smoking this substance and experiencing little effects, or a 40 second rush, so I thought that I'd test the waters using that method. I weighed out what a slightly dodgy .01 scale claimed was about 40-50mg. It didn't look like much material...

I lined a small bong with ash, and tried to vapourize a pinch, but it just melted into the ash, so I held the bic to it and torched it. I should note that my heart was beating quite powerfully at this point (probably due to anxiety more than anything).

No Rush. I smoked another pinch. No rush yet... I got my torch lighter and loaded what was left on the scale onto the ash on the bong and took a large rip. This was the only hit that felt a bit harsh.
Instant rush. I cached that pipe quickly and loaded more (I'm sure it was less than the previous 40-50mg, but it was unmeasured) and cached it.

RUSH RUSH RUSH. My heart was beating heavily...Wow, this rush lasts 40 seconds right? not bad! THE RUSH SLOWLY DIMINISHED OVER HOURS. I didn't know if I was being stimulated or sedated at the time, just rushing energy upwards. I checked my pupils - they were quite constricted.

I went outside for a cigarette and interacted with two people (I was a little
paranoid that I was acting strangely considering how I felt) but I acted more or
less normally.

After I calmed down a bit I listened to music and it sounded great - I felt
really good and was sure I was going to smoke more later. READ TO THE END OF THE REPORT.

All I wanted to do was chill and listen to music and lay back to enjoy the rush, but I ate dinner without issue.

After a few hours the rush became weak and I became more withdrawn and zoned out. I was unenthusiastic and beginning to get strong brain 'zaps'. They would be like electrical shocks that would shoot up into my brain from my body. NOT PLEASURABLE. They weren't really 'painful' either. They continued for hours. This may be either due to, or contributed to by the MDAI on the weekend.

When the rushing had subsided, I felt like a ghost - like I was walking around but disassociated from myself, in what feels like a 'dark' place. I emphasize that part. It was quite spooky AND NOT FUN. If this was the crash, then it made me reconsider trying this again.

I kept myself together, but had a LITTLE bit of trouble speaking. I took 2mg prescribed clonazepam (sublingual) to try to even out and went for a walk - the electrical zaps occured largely when I moved, such as when I got up or sat down. At +7:30 hours I still wasn't at baseline, but I felt better.

The clonaz may have helped or the etaqualone may have worn off, but I felt more 'in my body' about 9-10 hours later.

The initial rush felt great but the feelings afterwards scared me off trying this again.

Assuming this drug is what it is supposed to be (I have no reason to doubt that it is), I could be the first one to have ever had a strong smoked etaqualone experience.

EDIT: IT WAS FREEBASE

Also, the electrical shocks continued WELL into the next day, but I'm thinking that MDAI played a big role in that.

I wish I knew what brain receptors this Etaqualone hit! Maybe it fucked with my serotonin and pushed the balance over the edge?

That is all.
Headlight

Last edited:
it's a barbiturate. its effects should lower your heart rate. it effects the GABA-A receptor like benzodiazepines (like loraz- and clonaz- epam)

benzos and i assume barbs tend to decrease depersonalization and derealization (and w/d increases them). i think many of the effects you listed were from doing MDAI two days in a row, and much of the relaxation was probably due to the benzodiazepines

it seems you covered the MDAI after effects with the GABA A drugs, and when they wore off you felt MDAI's after effects

I don't mean to contradict you, but it's not a barbiturate at all, it's a Quinazolinone. The effects of MDAI wearing off felt totally different from this substance, the day before this experience (I felt something akin to a dreamininess), and the day after this experience. Also, the relaxation was very different from my experience of a benzo relaxation. There was definitely something else going on. Lorazepam and Clonazepam don't feel nearly the same as this substance to me.
The clonazapam was taken well after this stuff, and if anything, it served to relax me rather than increase the effects (which were still there). I can't believe that gaba-a was responsible for these effects (at least not alone).
Also, Quinazolinones are said to LOWER the seizure threashhold, while benzos tend to be RAISE it, no?
I take benzos pretty much daily on prescription and the MDAI 'comedown' seemed to be made worse, if anything, by this stuff. I never had any brain zaps until a few hours after I took it (and benzos do little to stop the zaps it seems). Also, I took it a good 36 hours at least after the end of the MDAI.

They smoke methaqualone in parts of the world, and I have read a report of INTENSE rushing that seemed to match mine in that respect, and this substance is quite similar.

---ALSO! I just found out that it was a freebase. This is starting to make a lot more sense now. If other have previously been trying to smoke hcl or something, and not experiencing powerful effects, this may account for it.

Last edited:
sorry, yeah quinazolinone

i can tell from wiki they have an anthistamine effect, as well as analgesia, but not much info. never looked into these

Interesting - it did seem to have a drying effect, so the antihistamine effect could make sense. I couldn't find the wiki that you were referring to, however. I may give it another go today. Brain zaps are gone today, btw.

the Diproqualone has some info and it's in the same class, a methaqualone analogue

Interesting... How could such a well-rounded downer (analgesic, sedative, muscle relaxant, anxiolitic) lower the seizure threshhold?

Last edited:
Over 48hrs later, a larger amount was smoked, and the effects weren't nearly as 'rushing' as they were relaxing. I could feel more euphoric if I focused that way. I think that a combination of several factors effected the previous experience to make it quite different.
It felt much more like a 'downer' this time. Not very strong at my dose either, I could interact with people perfectly fine. I had 3mg prescription clonaz earlier in the day, but I doubt that effected the experience very much.

I (accidentally, seriously) smoked a big lump of black hash tar stuck to the bong which made me quite high and changed the experience a fair bit so I went for a walk...

Brain Zaps not totally gone by the way.

Don't know if anyone's interested, but more was smoked today... unmeasured but not as much as the second trial, and it felt more like the first. I had consumed some benzos beforehand however (NOT THAT I CONDONE THAT AT ALL, I have a tolerance). Plus, I smoked it in the daytime, I don't know if that makes a difference. Very mellow and nice.

Please try an oral dose so we have an idea what other MOA's are like. I think there's a ton of people who want to try this but are looking for a "slow down" rather than a rush. Would rather cap 100mg than smoke 50 in a bong ya know ;)

Also I guarantee you that your daily benzo tolerance affects the doses you require compared to a non-benzo user.

I think that I understand the '40' second rush that people have referred to, it can hit you suddenly, but not VERY obviously. and then quickly mellow out into a sedation. I was moderately intoxicated the other night on an alcohol 'like' substance, and smoked a few hits. I got up and slipped in a freak accident on the carpeted floor and badly sprained my foot. It can be stronger than you think. My friend has also noted the 'instant rush' effect. He lied to me the other night, it turned out that he had consumed over 10mg lorazepam before smoking this - he didn't turn into a werewolf, but this could have caused problems and I never would have given it to him if I had known. PLEASE DON'T COMBINE DOWNERS.

Also, this stuff can be very 'moorish' for some reason.

---ORAL REPORT---

Read the report here http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=404056&page=3 of negrogesic consuming similar amounts as myself and NEARLY DYING. Last post on the page

ANOTHER DISCLAIMER - I believe that I have quite a tolerance to benzos and downers in general - the day of this experience I had consumed much earlier about 6mg etizolam and 1mg clonazepam (prescription) . For your own safety, please DON'T do this, or use my doses as a starting dose for yourself. You DONT want to over do this. Start slow and work up the doses with nothing else in your system if you want to experiment. OVERDOSING ISN'T DIFFICULT, AND CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS, SEE ABOVE. DON'T GET HURT.

REPORT:
I consumed 300mg of etaqualone about 2 hours after a meal. 200mg more were consumed a little over an hour afterwards. A while later, after not noticing much aside from a fairly mild downer effect, quite a number of hits of the freebase etaqualone were smoked.
The amount was unmeasured. The most pleasurable part was the initial 'rush', which wasn't amazing, and faded fairly quickly. It felt like I was chasing a brief euphoric feeling that was far too fleeting.
I took a walk and found that I stumbled quite a bit, and that it had somewhat of a hypnotic effect. It didn't give me any great euphoria or disinhibition, and I felt fairly clear headed. Overall, the experience was somewhat of a disappointment. Smoking definitely kicked the effects in more strongly, but there seemed nothing particularely interesting about this experience. Smoking seems the way to go. It's not very harsh on the lungs, but I don't like the idea of smoking large amounts of a chemical very much.

Last edited:
I know this thread is from 2 years ago... I would like to know how addictive you believe smoking this compound to be?

Possibly if you found a liking for the short rush it gives you may find yourself becoming addicted to it?

I tried vaping a little of this yesterday. It reacts very differently to heat compared other substances i have vaped (MDPV and o-dt). I spread a thin layer of ETQ inside a candle tea light holder and then applied a flame underneath. The powder instantly vanished without giving off any noticeable vapor or smoke, but it left behind a residue of sticky oil. I then heated the oil and it gave off smoke but this was very harsh to inhale, and has left me a bit wheezy so its clearly harmful.....

Has anyone else found this ?

bombed around 200-300mg of it about 15 mins ago. empty stomach.
I have not noticed to much at the moment, a very mild downer effect. have to go out so will report back later on today

does anyone know the dosage for this? and i have an extremley high benzo tollerence. I can take 500mg of diazepam without any effect. do you think there miht be a cross tollerence for these 2?

I tried some of what was supposedly ETQ from a reliable source about 4 months ago. I took ~60 mg orally and found it subtle but enjoyable. I'm not much of a downer person but I slept like a baby after about 3 hours. It's kind of like a benzo mixed with an antihistamine in terms of effects. I felt semi drunk and uncoordinated. No idea what smoking it would be like but I wouldn't recommend starting with that ROA if you're new to etaqualone.

right. I got 3 grams of this from a very reputable source. I have an extremely high tolerance to benzo's. I took at 3 grams yesterday. in 500mg bombs. an hour apart. there was no effect. there is a cross tolerance between them and benzo's.

right. I got 3 grams of this from a very reputable source. I have an extremely high tolerance to benzo's. I took at 3 grams yesterday. in 500mg bombs. an hour apart. there was no effect. there is a cross tolerance between them and benzo's.

The secret is smoking it like you would crack. People in South Africa, where Mandrax (ludes) remain legal, there's still an underground chemist organization making the pure powder/easily crushing pills and people smoke that. hint hint