• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Escape Plan

temmerson21

Greenlighter
Swim has had a habit twice now after 30 years on this planet. My first when swim was 25, started with pills; oxy's to opana to dope. After being hooked for a solid 5 months, looked in the mirror and new a change had to be made. Fortunately was still under my parents insurance so switched to suboxone and after a year I was down to such a small dosage I was able to go off completely with little to no discomfort. Of course I felt a little off but I'd say after a month I was completely back.

All that was great and fine, never relapsed other than a vicodin here if it happened to be around but never went back to the dope. Not until a few months ago, found a solid connect after a year of distress and turmoil. It completely made sense falling back on paper it was just a fucked up year. I've been able to maintain relationships with friends and work. Everything is going pretty good aside from the addiction part. I actually have a business I just started at the beginning of the year and will be moving for it. Swim have a little bit of a window of no responsibility but that will be coming to halt here in less than 2 months and it is haunting me.

If swim had different options to come down what would you all recommend? Swim does not have insurance and would rather go with a quicker option. It's not a ridiculously huge habit and think I might try and come down a different route this time. Swim is thinking 5mg vicodin or methadone for a week and do half the week after and half the week after that. How bad would week 4 be cold turkey? How many days should swim take off work? I'm also just thinking going cold turkey and taking a 5 consecutive days off work. Any ways open to your all's suggestions. Thanks in advance.

We do not use "swim" here on Bluelight so please edit your original post to the first person. I think you will get a lot more responses. I'm sorry that I cannot offer any information on this but I know many people here have experience and knowledge far beyond mine and can help you out. I am going to move this to Sober Living as it seems like a better fit.

Good luck with it all. Sounds like you are shaping your life in very positive ways.<3

There is tons of info on tapering all over the net so I'm not going there other then to recommend you do it. The fight starts once your off opiates. I would start by trying to figure out while you relapsed in the first place. After that you need a plan on how your going to stay off heroin. That could include counseling, 12 step meetings, a hobby you enjoy. Just something to take up time and eliminate boredom. Boredom kills