Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Endone scrtipt out of date

Boxtrot

Bluelighter
I've got a script for endone when i pulled a muscle in my back but never bothered to get the pills now it's out of date and i cant use it. I was wondering if it would be such a big deal to change the date on it so i can use it?

I've also got a fused hip and am on disability support pension so even if something were to happen i could say thats why i needed it because the doctors dont seem to wanna give me a script for anything to take the pain away which is actually true.

if you get caught your insurance company could boot you or the pharmacy could black list you if its a chain pharmacy you get blacklisted at all of them

for narcotic scripts the pharmacy has to call the doctors office its an fde regulation

i might just try a few pharmacies to see if they'll accept it, it's got a date on it but i had no idea they only last for 6 months or i would of prob gone an got it.

^I don't think you are going to have much luck, especially considering it is Oxycodone.

You could try explaining the situation to the Pharmacist but I assume they will just tell you to go back to your Doctor for a new script. Don't try changing the date on the script - they're well clued up to this kind of thing.

for narcotic scripts the pharmacy has to call the doctors office its an fde regulation

Not really.
Ask an older female to get it for you (that isnt a drug user and looks normal)
they wont ring a doctor then. Especially if its a night pharmacy. they will do all that the next day. You'll only get caught out by that pharmacy and doctor the next time you visit them. You wouldnt even end up on medicares doc shop list. god knows ive seen people abuse the hell out of scripts, blank scripts, scams and doc shop daily and not even get on the list..

but if your date change looks dodgy then you wont get your drugs.

I wouldn't ask anyone else to get the prescription filled, especially for Endones.. I've been prescribed them (brain tumor) and I got roasted on Monday when I went to fill it and get a pethidine shot so just be careful..

I wouldn't change the date either, cos that's a bit risky but if you do, taking it to a night time pharmacy might not solve the problem, I know here (QLD) two chemists in my local area have signs saying 'the following medications will be dispensed between blah & blah only' Endones are in that grouping.. So again, be careful.. Pharmacists have protocols, checking dates and such is definitely one..

If you're in legitimate pain and on disability (just like me) you should be able to find a good doctor who will understand your pain and prescribe properly.

Good luck with it dude

Mav <3

That one that closes at midnight near you near the carpark... my older cousin (female) went in and got that for me easy within 5 minutes when i broke my arm and leg. they were hospital scripts though, and she had to take my medicare card.

In fact the hospital (the newer one..) I was at when staying around Surfers area, had script papers just lying around near their PC's/desks. Their med cabinets are even open wide all night... The nurses were even allowed to give me valium which they just got from the drawer but they made me swallow it there. No doctor had seen me yet. I thought they were insane with the relaxed security..! My filled script for endones wasn't any shorthand crap just Endone (20) twice daily and their prescriber code and signature? I probably should of taken a bunch of them. The cast guys were fucked out of their mind on pot and looked like hippies. Good old QLD Health??

Last edited:
Okay.. I would take the prescription to your doctor and explain that you didn't fill it at the time because you have found in the past because you don't like the way it makes you feel (panicky or a bit spaced out..). You've heard that this is because of the way endone is instantly released once taken, and that you might be better off taking a sustained release form of the same medication to avoid the side effects.

By showing the doctor the script - which is clearly in your name, and which you chose not to use - it should provide peace of mind that you are unlikely to abuse a prescription for something similar. You have suffered pain, rather than take a pill you are worried about taking. Ask him if he could possibly write you a script for the sustained release version of oxycodone, but would prefer it to be low dose because you understand you wouldn't be able to break the pills in half if they were too strong for you.

By expressing concern and respect for the drug, and showing that you are cautious about what you are taking, you should have no problem finding a doctor to write you a replacement prescription for something more suitable for you. Maybe add that you wish you'd come sooner because you've been enduring terrible pain, and hadn't realised there was an alternative to the instant release oxycondone (endone). In effect, what you would then be given is oxycontin. But BE CAREFULL. It's a slippery slope, but you fall upwards.. to higher and higher doses as tolerance increases. Then one day you figure out that your pills work just as well for your emotional pain as they do for physical, so the day your cat is run over you decide to medicate.. and before you know it you have a fullscale addiction on your hands.

PLEASE be careful. I started out 5mg endone 'once in a while' and ended up on 80 mg oxycontin, taken five times daily - at my worst! Somebody on a forum just like this, warned me that it could happen to me.. and I wouldn't even know it was happening. Told me to stop before it was too late. Now here I am writing the same kind of email to you. I didn't listen. But you still can. PLEASE don't let oxycodone get it's hooks into you. I would recommend the oxycontin simply because it is sustained release, and if taken correctly won't give you that intense 'rush' that mimics heroin. You'll have moments of feeling quite 'all is well with my world'.. and a general feeling of wellbeing, as well as releif from your pain.. so long as you take it correctly. Start crushing, snorting, shooting etc and you're history.

Be careful. Please.

That's not bad advice, for a thread over 2 years old.

Also, swallowing an Oxycontin is not mimicking heroin. Nor is shooting 400mg of it for that matter, but whatever helps float your boat.