• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Elder Scrolls - SkyWind and Skyblivion

nick who?

Bluelighter
Has anyone heard about these???? They are taking the original morrowind and oblivion, and recreating them with the Skyrim engine. Its all done by fans which i think is pretty freakin awesome, last i heard they had over 100 people dedicated to it. Since Morrowind was so massive and didn't have enough gameplay i believe they are also adding to it which is the best news of all. Actually the best news of all is that you can go to the website and help them create it, and be apart of it, sorry i don't know if anyone cares about this at all, but i had a nerdgasm when i found out, hope other BLers share my love of ES.

Here's the link: http://tesrenewal.com/

Looks interesting. Too bad I was never a fan of that franchise. Still, renewal/revival/rebirth projects are almost always better than the original so I might have to check it out.

Morrowind was much better than Skyrim and Oblivion IMO.. can't wait to play it again but overcome those awful graphics. Felt a lot more realistic, especially without fast travel.

Though, the Mad King's expansion for Oblivion was the shit, that'll be another great one to play in high resolution

fear_and_loathing_in_morrowind_by_tramvaev-d5oaumv.jpg

:D

^^^ well yeah, I've never played Morrowind extensively mainly due to the awful combat/skill system (I actually enjoy the graphics) and the npcs that didn't feel enough "real" (they don't sleep, move around to make stuff and are for the most part un-voiced) but i've always felt like it had a better, more immersive lore and world and also epic epic music

that's why I would play Skywind till death if they released it

Ever think they will remaster morrowind? I couldn't beat it I couldn't stand having to ride the silt striders everywhere.

^ I hope so, I thought it was nice as it forced you to do much more exploring. Then again I pretty much always used cheats and modded the shit out of that game, lol