• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

El Chapo nearly caught as he tries to retrieve daughters’ pet monkey

foolsgold

Bluelighter
BBmnJGp.img

Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman’s latest taste of freedom nearly came to an abrupt end thanks to his daughters’ pet monkey.

The Mexican drug baron’s ability to break out from ostensibly secure prisons has infuriated and embarrassed the authorities and intensified pressure on the unpopular government led by Enrique Pena Nieto.

But, according to reports in Mexican media, the country’s most wanted fugitive, who escaped in July, came within a whisker of being recaptured because of Boots, the much loved pet belonging to the gangster’s four-year-old twin daughters.

The pet was adopted by the Guzman family when he was recaptured after a decade on the run and incarcerated in Altiplano prison.

Boots was left behind when the Guzman family moved back to Sinaloa and this, according to Anabel Hernadez, a Mexican investigative journalist, proved too much to bear.

Having been reunited with his children following his latest escape, Guzman dispatched his associates to fetch Boots.

For somebody who has made a living out of drugs, murder and masterminding a terrifying criminal cartel, Guzman was surprisingly punctilious about observing the law when it came to reuniting the monkey with his daughters.

A permit was requested to enable Boots to fly and the application for the correct documents put the security services back on the drug baron’s trail, with the police discovering that the monkey was being carried in a Ford Mustang belonging to his brother in law.

The police closed in on Guzman, but somehow the 60 year old gangster made his escape reportedly injuring himself as he fell down a regime.

Mexican marines, aided by US agents, believed that they had come close to capturing their prey.

The net tightened as the authorities traced Guzman’s mobile phone to a ranch in the Sierra Madre mountains.

But the head of the Sinaloa drug cartel, who broke out of a high security jail after only 17 months by digging a hole in his shower to a tunnel, remains at large.

yeah maybe get a primate that isn't so easily traced. I suggest marmoset.

He is still running the best organized drug mafia of all time. I saw a programme Drugs Inc Cancun spring break and the Sineloa cartel operatives were operating on the beaches even at the level of selling just a few ecstasy pills. The fact they micro manage every last aspect is why so much money goes back to the top. I saw one guy was moving about 2 kilos of coke and only get $500 for himself for doing it. Very crazy set up indeed I'm sure this isn't the case with all the guys buying kgs it just depends on the job description. All those tunnels he's got and the level of corruption of the police and prison systems is uncanny.

Possible reaction of Mexican team leader after failing to catch him:

a) <Head Explodes> "Puta Madre - I've got five kids to feed!!!"
b) <While Smirking> "Ahh shit esé, it happens - catch you next time yo!"
c) <Attempting to be Philosophical> "My daddy always used to say that good things come to those who wait - he's dead now by the way."
d) <Comedy Routine> "...Oh yeah, I used to play organized football long time yo. My position was 'right bench.'

I'm sure where ever he is, everyone knows but won't say un palabra....

I mean when they "caught" him he had like one bodyguard. This dude basically runs an army of ppl with some serious firepower. If he wasn't so vital and the US actually did make him an actual target they would have him in a day.

Just remember he escaped from a Mexican high security lrison through a mile long tunnel underground on a motorcycle on rails lmao....bes not going anywhere soon. This isn't the 80s and he isn't Pablo Escobar.

And I'm sure he got el monolito back for sus hijas

I'm still confused here did he get the monkey back? Let's hope so, I like to think at least the monkey is ok.

I bet he's shitting himself now. Escaped from Mexican prison twice, if he's caught again maybe they'll agree his reach is too powerful to keep him imprisoned in Mexico. So they might extradite him, which if I was him I think i would rather be in jail in Mexico than the U.S. and I'm from the UK saying that. On his charges definitely Mexico.

Although I have read that the son of his Sineloa cartel was captured and claimed he was working as an agent for the DEA. And they still never actually convicted him of anything now he is just stuck in prison somewhere. The U.S. is so corrupt, the government probably has a hand in it themselves. Or you can at least bet there are some serious rich white people also making $$$ from guzmans cartel.