Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Eating Meth Shards..?

puddle.up

Bluelighter
Hi guys

I know there's a few threads covering similar topics, I've done many a search, but there's so many differing answers to read through I just want a few direct answers based on people's experience.. I've got plenty of experience with smoking meth, using to be an every day thing however these days I have eased back on it a lot as I was getting far too into it, but I've never eaten shards before, so I need a little advice on eating it as compared to snorting it.

Essentially, I always smoke meth when I have it, however I will be going to an event in the near future and I wanted to know a few things about eating shards, as the concept of taking a pipe with me is a bit over the top.
I plan to smoke a bit in the morning, probly just a point over the space of a couple of hours, and then I can either crush the rest up and taking it with me and snort small bumps in the toilets whenever I need it, which I'd rather avoid just because going to the toilets at such an event is always such a long and painful exercise.
So my other option is to put small amounts of relatively crushed up shards into a few caps and then just eat them. So basically I'm wanting to know if eating meth is insanely wasteful or whether it works well enough to justify doing it.
I know snorting will provide much quicker onset and probably a higher sense of a "rush", but I'm not too concerned about that, I'd rather avoid having to do it.
So has anyone got any experience with taking meth orally? What's the BA like? Given I have a relatively high tolerance to meth (not huge, I try and keep my use of it quite minimal these days, generally only have it once every 1 or 2 months because I'm horrible when it comes to getting addicted to stuff. But having said that I'm 6'2" and weigh 94kg, so I'm not a tiny dude.) So does the dose have to be increased substantially when taking it orally? (Compared with snorting/smoking it).

Any info would be awesome guys, the event is soon so please reply ASAP if you have the time.
As I said I would like to avoid having to snort it while I'm at this event, however if eating meth is generally considered quite wasteful then I'll stick to snorting it, I don't like waste haha.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all! :D
P.U

For me when dosing MA orally it lasts twice as long as when i pipe it. It is a more subtle high (less euphoria but still some) but im more talkative and have endless energy. I get way more productive and have to do something when taken
orally.

I know a few people who perfer oral over smoking and snorting.

Aand its not like you have to goto the toilet to have a bump, use your imagination.

thanks for the reply AFA. yeah I know there's ways to avoid having to go to the toilets to rail stuff, but regardless of that I'm not really a huge fan of putting stuff up my nose anyway, the burn doesn't bother me, its the watery eyes and the weird sensation (kind of a pain or discomfort) that I get in my front teeth whenever I snort stuff that annoys me (whether it be meth, mdma, coke, anything really).
I think I'll give the oral method a go, besides, the high that you described sounds perfectly suited to my days plans.
Thanks for the info!

Oh one other thing, is there an approximate adjustment (if any) to dosage when taking orally? Or is it just a case of doing the old, "eat small amounts until I feel content" routine?

Depending on your tolly its dificult for me.so say best dose for you but in my exp i usually dose higher when taking orally than when smoking (same with basicallu any drug i consume)

Have a look at erowids meth page and check out their suggested doses. Id usually bomb 80mg sometime in the morning and it would last me a good 8 hours+

Then usually smoke or snort the remainder 20mg if i had purchased a point

yeah i'm just checking out erowid now actually.
but sweet! i'll take all that into account! cheers for your help man, greatly appreciated!

Depending on your tolly its dificult for me.so say best dose for you but in my exp i usually dose higher when taking orally than when smoking (same with basicallu any drug i consume)

Have a look at erowids meth page and check out their suggested doses. Id usually bomb 80mg sometime in the morning and it would last me a good 8 hours+

Then usually smoke or snort the remainder 20mg if i had purchased a point

I honestly dont dose that much higher orally then smoking or snorting. I find that with oral dosing there is no feinding and consequently I rarely redose. With smoking or snorting however you constantly feel the need for more and as a result end up consuming alot more than you really need.

I'm a massive fan of oral meth, borth for therapeutic and rec value.

Ahh another age old discussion!!

After doing a LOT of it over the years and seeing others do a lot of it i've come to a firm conclusion:

Smoking it - Is a more 'speedy' 'wired' sensation. It is more efficient as the bio-availability of meth eaten is something like 70% whereas smoking is like 98% (check those figures). And smoking it means that it works right away, and you can have it on a full stomach. Its also MUCH more social and sharing pipes with friends around a table is great.

Eating it - Is more 'euphoric' and 'loved up' and closer to MDMA in sensation. Sounds unlikely but honestly its true and accurate with almost all the hardcore tweakers i've ever known. However as I said above it is less efficient, you only get two thirds of your chemical into the blood stream. And if you do it on a full stomach you risk not feeling it at all. When i eat it i won't eat anything pretty much all day. I often eat a large amount at once, and wait abour 45 minutes and follow it up with pipes for the rest of the night.

Both have pros and cons. I've heard all sorts of urban myths about smoking it and if you eat it then your body DOES take out certain potential nasties via your organse. If I was going to eat typical australian quality shards I would eat at least half a point at once. Remembering i have a pretty high tolerance now. When I eat cut speed I usually consume half a gram at once. The maths indicate its about the same amount of methamphetamine between the two strengths of the drug (shards vs cut speed). You really want a recreational dose of 30-40mg of pure drug if you know what you are doing. If shards are generally about 70-80% pure (which is what my research suggests) then eating half a point will get you your 30-40mg. (although complete beginners to it need less, as little as 10mg - oh those were the days!). Remember it IS easy to cut shards and i've had them before at an estimated 30-40 percent. Just cause they're nice big see through shards does NOT indicate the level of purity.

I should add that shooting it up is far and away the most efficient method. Even more than smoking it, as when you smoke it you breath out large amounts when you exhale. Shooting it you get every last milligram into your bloodstream. However with the amount of chemicals left over from manufacture and impurities in the stuff I would NEVER EVER shoot it myself, its just too dirty. And besides you don't want to miss a vein shooting half a point and waste the gear, either.

The other consideration is your environment. At home or whatever you can keep having pipes all night whenever you feel the need, but out at a club or whatever you can't really smoke it, so eating it is better when out and about (I pre pack empty capsules with half a point in each one and drop one about every 1 to 1.5 hours)

Thats my opinion and observations from a loooong rave career.

WC

Last edited:
I disagree.... i come down off the pipe but only for a day or two. And the first 6 years or so of meth/ice i didn't come down at all. Do now though. But Pills make me come down like a bitch. Ice comedown is straight out tiredness, and slightly lowered mood, but its easy.... whereas pill comedowns are messy and unpleasant, strange feelings, as well as being tired and low mood. I never ever take any chemical drugs unless I have valium on hand to come down on!

I don't think its a waste to eat it...I usually prefer to do it that way. Maybe the initial dose needs to be slightly higher but just start out with what you would normally smoke and take more after an hour if you need. I find I use less when re dosing after eating also as it lasts longer. Smoking can be more unpredictable for me, I find sometimes I come up and back down very quickly where as eating is more constant.

I don't know why but if im just planning a sensible night I always end up using more if I smoke and the chances of deciding to turn it into a big one are also more likely for me. where as eating I am in more control.

If your using it to stay awake and/or alert then this is probably the best way to dose as the distraction of euphoria and the chase that will ensue if you decide to smoke the stuff could have you spending more time twirling the pipe than being productive. IV could work as if you get the dose correct you wont be chasing that high but any IV habit is a habit anyone could do without. Ive just smoked and IV'd about .2g in about 2 hours. Have a 100mg shot left and am already waiting on my next half gram which is meant for nye but the .3g I got this morning was meant for nye lol

Meth is a drug not to fuck with and id suggest if you want to play with the beast dont go further than eating or snorting the stuff. IV, smoking and even rectal administration is worlds apart from other routes. Be careful buddy.

To me a waste of meth is to smoke it as not all of the drug is made bio available vs IV, oral, insufflation (snorting) etc. Just by heating the drug up to 10 % of the meth smoked is turned into a non psychoactive carcinogenic byproduct. Have a look at meth bongs... there is method to the madness. Also the effects are not as long lasting when smoked and are more sedating than any other ROA. Meth maybe slightly more euphoric smoked but saying meth is euphoric vs say a drug like U4RIA is like comparing a turd to a diamond. A psychotic long acting diamond, that is, U4RIA.