E and body language

Drizzew

Bluelighter
This is an excerpt from a Washington Post article about charisma:
Body Blocks
"As children, our bodies feel light and free. But every time we feel threatened in life, we shrink back," says Lang. Our bodies store up every hurt and insult we've ever felt; our personalities get pent-up.
"All of our negative thoughts and hurts as children are turned into physical blocks as adults that interfere with our natural breathing and other functions," says Lang.
I really think that this is part of what rolling does for you. It eliminates these "body blocks" as this woman puts it and lets you be free to express yourself through your body. That's one reason I think dancing on it is so much fun, because you feel so free to move your body how you want and what better way to express yourself through movement than dancing? Also, I've noticed that when I move through a crowd on E I don't draw myself in and "excuse me, excuse me" my way around people. I just pour myself through the crowd freely. Just some random thoughts I've been having while I sit here bored at work
smile.gif

------------------
Everybody thinks I'm high... and I am

Drizz:
I totaly agree with you, but I think the ultimate goal of anyone who does e, is to be "that way" while sober...
I notice an intoxicating freedom whenever I dance... and I dance the same, fuct or sober...
and I have this thing (normaly) about people touching me... in any way... I have a remarkable ability to walk through a massive crowd of people, and not touch a single one... but yeah, I notice that changes a bit on e... (well, apart from the deliberate brushings... hehe)
good post.
------------------
"Like a shooting star,
Accross the midnight sky!
Wherever you are,
Yer gunna see me FLY!!"
-BANG!
PaRaDoX -and PLUR for all!

If these "body blocks" exist...are you sure that rolling eliminates them, rather than just pushing them aside for a while? That is the question.
Aside from that, I second Paradox's POV.

O.K., yeah, I meant eliminates them for the time you're rolling. Other than that, you can just hope that you've become aware of them and can work to get rid of them like PaRaDoX said. The point of that part of the article was that the woman was saying part of your charisma is based on body language and having an open and free physical presence increases the amount that others are drawn to you. Also, I find I do dance differently fuct than sober, I swing my arms more and care less what I look like. If you find you don't dance differently then that's probably a sign that you don't have many "body blocks," which is good. Not that I'm an expert on this crap, I just happened to read the stupid article
biggrin.gif

I would agree 100% with what everyone has posted up on this. I'm a huge believer in body language. You can sometimes just look at people's bodies and know where they carry their pains. I think E seperates the mind and body during the roll as far as holding on to your pains. My friends immediately know when my pill has hit me because I let go and this huge smile comes onto my face.(plus I start talking out of my ass) hehe
I like to play poker and I think I have become a better player because I have more empathy with people and can read their body language a lot better.
like someone said the trick is to learn to live free and open all throught your life. That's my goal!