• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DXM )& (Zolpidem/Ambien) - experienced separately, first time combo - stupidity

perKeceT

Bluelighter
hi, first off, this may not be detailed enough for trip reports since i blacked out and don't remember most of the experience, but i feel the need to give this warning.

set/setting: hoping to get a good dissociation, which DXM cant do for me alone. fan of the "trippy" effects of zolpidem very much. I am in my bedroom, T 0 is 7:30 pm EST.

T-4: hours, pick up my new refill of Ambien, have 600mg of dxm in the form of 15mg Robotussin cough gels already at home.

T 0: snorted maybe 2mg oxycodone earlier, didn't feel it, dont think it effected the experience, take 150mg DXM.

T+30min: take another 75mg DXM as i begin to feel the first dose.

T+ 1hr: take another 90mg DXM starting to feel it decently, get rid of any priorities and establish myself comfortably in bed.

T+ 1.5hr: take remaining 285mg, crush one 10mg zolpidem for when the effects begin to really take hold.

T+ 2hr: swallow 10mg zolpidem and snort the pre-crushed 10mg, and these were the only two pills i planned to ingest, for future reference.

T+ 2.5hr: DXM starts to get in my system completely, Ambien relaxes what is usually an uncomfortable body load for me. put on Maggot Brain by Funkadelic, which really takes me away even sober. I lay back in my bed and feel my body to go away so to speak.

here is where things go wrong, seriously wrong.

at this point i felt as if i were to either fall asleep, or enter into a nice dream-like state. The gap between T+2.5 hours and T+6 hours is seamless, the next thing i know i feel as though i have awakened in a panic around 1 or 2AM. I furiously search my room for my Ambien bottle to i can take one to get back to sleep. At this point my door opens and my mom is standing there with my prescription. She asks what I am doing i reply 'just looking for my pills'. She proceeds to tell me she saw me passed out with the bottle less than an hour before hand, out of the 20 pills I am prescribed, only 6 remain. I tell her i remember none of it and I am told to go back to sleep, which comes easily although i was quite worried about what i had just heard.

T+ 17hr: I awake thinking the events that took place in the middle of the night was just a dream. I leave my room to see my mom home in her bedroom, which struck me as odd since normally she would have been at work. She approaches me about the previous night's ordeal, and again truthfully explain that i have no recollection of any of it. She tells me that i was up until about midnight by her accord, even going out several times to smoke cigarettes during the black out.

I now sit here more than 24 hours after T 0 still in disbelief, with moderate stomach pain/discomfort and a general shitty feeling mentally and emotionally. All day I've had very poor coordination, and slow thought processes. I am posting this as a warning that Z-drugs are not to be messed with.

I plan to go at least 2 weeks without even my therapeutic dose and most probably never go near the stuff again. My next doctor visit i will with 100% certainty ask to be switched to ANYTHING different.

So please, do NOT make this mistake, I've never blacked out from any drug or combination of drugs before last night.

Thank you for taking the time to read my first and very frightening trip report.

Last edited:
2 ambien alone will make me blackout, let alone with 600mg of DXM as well. maybe if you halved your doses you would have been fine, but IDK if it's worth the risk.

no it wasnt, sorry i forgot to mention i planned to dose only 20mg of ambien. once i blacked out i dont know why i continued to take more, ill add that to the initial report.

yup once i black out on ambien i typically compulsively redose... hence, i don't do ambien anymore. maybe if i had two and only two i would do it.

Wow man that sucks. I have done this combo and it was absolutely amazing. I did about 600 mg and 20 mg ambien with a friend and a couple hits of spice resin. I loved it so much, we went to sit in his room when something hit us and I looked at my friend and he was looking at me but he was me and he said "What the fuck dude are you me!" we both started crying and talking about how we were each other and next thing we just "whited" out and came back crying again and had the same trip that we were taken by aliens and had a big meeting with all the greatest people that have ever lived in the universe, they asked us to be in a battle for the control of the universe against the evil of the universe. It was like a giant table like at the last supper and Jesus was who was briefing us. We woke up and I had a huge ass boil on my lip for some reason it was fucking weird. But wow it completely blew our minds that we had the same trip and for the rest of the night we actually believed that we really had saved the universe in an epic battle and all this other stuff.

And by the way Maggot Brain by Funkadelic is an excellent song!

yeah, i feel like if i would have stayed conscious, and didnt continue to redose i could have had a good experience. i really had everything planned out well i think, but once the ambien really takes hold of you all sense is thrown out the window.

Ive never lived in the northeast or been to a rave so I have never tried DXM but ambien will make you trip balls!

lol @ droppersneck.

Ya DXM is available in just about every single chain drug store in America/The World.