• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM - Semi-experienced - I think I Melted into the futon. . .

PK555

Bluelighter
This is my first trip report so here goes,

3-4-2010 second DXM experience, first high dose experience,

The previous week I researched and experimented with low level dosing of dxm(about 200mg-300mg) in the form of generic Robitussin syrup and never having experienced a psychedelic or dissociative before and after decent results, and no adverse reaction, I decided that I would step it up a notch and give myself a real experience which brings us to the here and now. . .

3-4-2010
5pm: Decision to go ahead with my solo experiment is made, eta of dose 4hrs.

9pm: I decide for personal reasons (and the fact I didn't want anyone to know) I begin dosing in the computer room of the home I share with my parents and fiance. I dose by taking "shots" off a bottle of generic DXM only based cough syrup. Over the course of an hour I get down the whole bottle not the best taste in the world but, a water chaser helps wash out the nasty taste. I felt a tad bit of nausea through this but knew it was to be expected with the worst being upon completion of dosing, breaking it up helped a bit but not much. Waiting on the dxm to hit is almost as bad as drinking the syrup but allows time for me to grab an anti-acid to settle my stomach.

11pm: I begin to start feeling the effects of the dxm, I feel bit light headed but, kind of heavy, loopy as well almost drunk. The effects slowly wash over almost as if engulfing me in a blanket, I enjoy the feelings for the most part, some nausea still remains but it's bearable starting to go away at this point.

11:30: The effects become strong powering forward with what seems is every passing moment, I become slightly drowsy for a while but only 5 or 6 minutes at most. I venture out to the washroom to piss and look in the mirror, my pupils are massive only a slight ring of blue noticeable I feel pretty good, lucid happy walking is becoming a task more akin to scaling a fence. I leave and scuttle back to my privacy in the computer room.

11:45pm I begin feeling slight disconnection from my normal thoughts, I feel light yet at the same time heavy, the computer screen begins to sway and reading is not easy. A call rings out from the front room my father wants to speak to me, luckily it's just to show me something on the tube we talk for a bit enjoy the subject matter on the television and I decide to head to my room where my fiance is waiting.

11:55pm: She has finished on the bedroom computer and is watching T.V. I sit down next to her unknown to her what I have been doing and with my trip now in full swing, objects appear distant walking feels slightly rigid, sounds deeper, colors brighter, this is what I was waiting for and I enjoy every second of it. My fiance strikes up a conversation we speak about random stuff from the past few weeks. As i sit on the bed I feel as though I am distant and yet feel as though I am sinking into the mattress of our funto, the satin comforter feels very nice, soft and smooth.

12:30am: I decide to lay down, this was a great idea the bed feels good. Walking is at this point either like having legs of jello or the mannerisms of C3P0 (robo-walk). T.V. is still pretty entertaining but characters are mildly distorted.

1am: Effects are increasingly apparent as I lay in bed I feel as my body is part of the bed and my mind not really in it. I can't focus on the T.V. and decide that listening to my Ipod will be much more fulfilling at this point, I was right the music is a full mind and body experience and not just electronic different rock and hip hop music was an aural delight as well (I found RUSH 2112 especially appealing), in the dark with my eyes closed I can see geometric and fluid patterns pulsating and moving with the music playing. I feel as though I am in another dimension and that I'm not really in my bed.

4am: I have been enjoying the music now for several hours as well as the sensations of being covered by the blanket, being a part of the bed, and completely disconnected from myself. I have never felt anything like this it is absolutely incredible.

5:45am: I become aware a gain the effects of the DXM have began to fade much like the night into the morning as the sun rose on the horizon. I still feel kind of drunk as I walk but within the hour by 7am or so the effects had completely faded away and I feel completely normal again. No ill after effects to report. I thoroughly enjoyed this first experience and would like to try other psychedelics later on and dxm again later on.

substancecode_dxm

Last edited:
I enjoy DXM as well. Lots of people hate it, but I find it to be an enjoyable and insightful drug with relatively few negative effects. I feel some transient nausea at the beginning of the trip, but as that fades, I actually feel quite nice.

What dosage did you take? Sounds like you hit the right level, I think lot's of people take unnecessarily high doses of this stuff. I don't find any real benefit to taking more than ~500mg (~7.6mg/kg), just increased side effects such as double vision, nausea and loss of motor control.

I think if you enjoy DXM, you will probably enjoy other psychedelic drugs as well. I recommend trying to find LSD and/or MDMA. Though they are not very much like DXM (or each other), the feelings of intensity and the ability to see things from a new perspective are common themes when tripping.

be safe and have fun.

Good report.

For some reason, DXM has a bad reputation about it, yet I rather enjoy it on rare occasion (I am not convinced that it is 100% safe on the mind). I really dig how it disconnects me from my normal thoughts and allows me to discover hidden memories. It does impair my ability to walk, but that does not really matter because I just lay back and enjoy the ride.

I feel pretty good, lucid happy walking is becoming a task more akin to scaling a fence.

teehehehehe

stirfry

My dose was about 600 mg or almost a full 8 oz bottle left about an ounce in the bottom, and MDMA was one of the first drugs other than weed I experienced and one of my favorites.

mrjackjones

I think a lot of people dislike it because either a) they take unnecessarily high doses and end up geting more of a ride than they bargain for or b)they go in expecting somthing mor akin to herb or booze.

Last edited:
Haha for some reason I only caught the second half of the title and read it as "I think I melted the futon". Good report though.

I think a lot of people dislike it because either a) they take unnecessarily high doses and end up geting more of a ride than they bargain for or b)they go in expecting somthing mor akin to herb or booze.

I have never taken over 300mg in a session. I have low body weight and no tolerance to it, so that dose always works very well. All I expect from it is a nice state of dissociation. I do not even find it very psychedelic.

I believe its reputation comes from what its sold as: cough syrup. Apparently because of this it loses it legitmacy as a powerful mind-altering substance. I plan on doing some here pretty soon, and your report is surely a good motivator ;)

mrjackjones: I too have never thought of it as a psychedelic. If I were to compare its effects to any other drug I would say its like a 'heavier' form of ketamine. That being said though I have gone into, for all intensive purposes, a dex-hole. In that state I've found there to be a psychedelic-ness to my thought process, but never much more.

^DXM is an interesting chemical. It is the only medicine which from time to time during the experience I forget where I am (especially if I am in darkness). Weirdness.

I have only tried ketamine once. I did not find the chemicals similar in effects, though I did not dose high with the ketamine because it was my first time and I was experimenting with gradual doses over the course of a day. I found the ketamine to be more sedating and less dissociative in nature. It was good thouh. I would like to try it again.

I find DXM to be similar to Amanita mushrooms in overall effect.

Last edited:
I have never tried amanits before. Its one of the only common strains that I havent.

Ketamine at higher doses becomes insanely discociative. I remeber once on about 400mg I watched my body fall over while my point of perception stayed put. Good stuff ;)

Excuse my abscence of letters in words, im using the mobile site lol

I believe its reputation comes from what its sold as: cough syrup. Apparently because of this it loses it legitmacy as a powerful mind-altering substance. I plan on doing some here pretty soon, and your report is surely a good motivator ;)

I can attest that cough med or not it will kick you if you aren't careful. If not for the fact of experimenting last week no a lower level and researching before hand about it and just plain curiosity I'd have probably never have tried it. I'm happy to have inspired you and am currently gunna attempt to make a play-list of songs I remember from last night. I do have to say again for me it was quite enjoyable experience.:)

Did you know that if you perform a specific activity (listening to music, for example), only during the time you are high off a specific substance, repeatedly over a long course of time, then at a later date remove the substance and perform the task, it will produce a quite noticeable altered state of consciousness? I do this with Alice in Chains. I only listen to AIC at times when very high on opiates, and only opiates. Once I listened to them when not high. In fact I had been clean for some time. I got very high from that.

Operant Conditioning.

Psychology.

ftw.

;)

Indeed! I used to do A LOT of juggling on LSD. Even though I juggle every day I get this very specific visual distortion that I would get while tripping. Wonderful thing, it is. Alice in Chains high is a novel experience every time :)