View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM. A question.

brwnchikinbrwncow

Greenlighter
So I'll start by saying that I did use the search function but couldn't find much that fit my situation.

I am currently in China and I thought I'd start experimenting with DXM a few weeks ago. In my area it is hard to find anything that is non-syrup...

What I did find was 50mL bottles of DXM Hydrobromide. Each 50mL bottle has 300mg of DXM in it... so it is very comparable to Robitussin Max Strength... and 50mL is easy to drink for me.

Everything is in Chinese and my Chinese is limited... but from what I read on the instructions and insert made m believe that it is just DXM as an active ingredient... a little partial though because it was very sweet, thick, and crunchy.

Anyways... It is 5:15PM here right now... this morning at around 9AM I drank two bottles (600mg DXM)... Got a good buzz, but not really that 3rd plateau. So, at 5PM I drank two more bottles (another 600mg DXM).

What do you all think about this stuff... it is called Dextromethorphan Sustained Release Suspension.

I'm thinking I'll either have a long, lazy day where I feel really good, or hopefully the 4 doses will somehow merge and give me a higher plateau that I'd like....

let me know your thoughts and questions.

By the way... Amy Winehouse - Valerie... sounds about as amazing as sex right now.=D=D=D=D=D=D=D

So an update...

I started to feel a stronger sense of self and euphoria around 530pm but it came in waves... definitely not the normal DXM blast that I usually get when I drop a whole bunch at once.

At 8:30PM I took 300 more Mg of DXM to see if I could enhance the small buzz created by the 12 hour suspended release liquid... this time it was not controlled release and was normal DXM in cough syrup at a lower concentration so I had to drink more mL of the shit. Will update.

When I've used "extended release" dextromethorphan polistirex, I ended up a with a slower, less-impacting (but still enjoyable) experience. But I'm not familiar with a sustained-release hydrobromide version. However, after researching the internet a bit, I see that they have been able to combine dextromethorphan hydrobromide with a polystyrene sulfonate resin which complexes into an agent that is absorbed more slowly in the stomach. I would imagine its effects would be similar to the dextromethorphan polistirex I'm familiar with. In fact, it might be the same thing, just labeled less specifically.

Dxm hbr is going to hit a lot harder than polistirex as well as being more psychedelic and dissociative imo.

OK so I thought I had updated this... I guess something went awry when I tried to post. I am in China, so I have to use a VPN so internets can be a fickle beast.

Anyways let me tell you what happened After ingesting 1200mg throughout the day (not all at once) and just feeling kind of buzzed/drunk I bought the 120mL/180mg DXM regular release suspension....

Holy shit. It's like 3rd plateau/early 4th hit my like a ton of bricks. Definitely got to the point I was searching for all day, but at the price of almost 1500mg total DXM.

I am going to try next time to just take 600mg of the regular release stuff and see what happens, see if I get the same outcome. I can't imagine that ingesting that much DXM/cough medicine was too great on my liver... or my wallet. I'm all about economically efficient while maintaining organ integrity.

Thanks for the responses guys!

OK so I thought I had updated this... I guess something went awry when I tried to post. I am in China, so I have to use a VPN so internets can be a fickle beast.

Anyways let me tell you what happened After ingesting 1200mg throughout the day (not all at once) and just feeling kind of buzzed/drunk I bought and ingested one bottle of the 120mL/180mg DXM regular release suspension.... anddddd BOOM.

Holy shit. It's like 3rd plateau/early 4th hit my like a ton of bricks. Definitely got to the point I was searching for all day, but at the price of almost 1500mg total DXM.

I am going to try next time to just take 600mg of the regular release stuff and see what happens, see if I get the same outcome. I can't imagine that ingesting that much DXM/cough medicine was too great on my liver... or my wallet. I'm all about economically efficient while maintaining organ integrity.

Thanks for the responses guys!