• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

dryer bud = better bud?

Nelluk

Bluelighter
just wanted to know the longer i dry my bud the more potent it becomes? i dont remember where i heard this.

its a lie, sure you have to dry it to smoke it, but if you wrap it up in moist orange peels or sumthin it smokes so much better, i dont think dryness affects potency.

I personally find I get much higher from dry pot and I make sure it is bone dry before I consume it.

its not the drying as much as the curing that increases potency..
dry bud burns quicker and hotter making it easier to get better hits and keeping the thc as a vapor longer

can u rxplain in more detail the orange peal idea...can i put an 1/8 in a masson jar with an orange peal? and how big of an orange peal???

Don't forget the fact that when you are purchasing pot in weights, it's a lot nicer to have it dry. Simply because you get more for your money and much less water weight. It doesn't matter so much on schwag, but on higer-grade herb it can make a significant different.
If you like your weed more moist, go to a cigar shop and purchase one of those little metal discs, used for for hydrating cigars in a cigar box. They're less than 1$ each. I had a roomate once who prefered his weed moist so he didn't smoke it as quickly.

Originally posted by frizzantik:
its not the drying as much as the curing that increases potency...
Curing may effect the texture and flavour, but will not improve the potency. Once a bud has been taken off a plant most of the THC is in the form of THC-COOH - this is not the pyschoactive form of THC. As the bud is dried at the correct rate (5-8 days) the THC-COOH decarboxylates into regular THC which is psychoactive.
After that the only way to increase potency is to cook it to convert any remaining THC-COOH.

^actualy curing in an air free enviroment (like glass jar) some of the chemiclas in the weed are actually converted by enzymze to THC and other active chemicals.

just take your bud and wrap it completely in orangepeels, leave until it is moist and smells/tastes like orange. Im not sure how long it will take but just leave it sitting in a mason jar and if your patient you will have some quality shit.

it doesnt matter at all about dry or sticky weed. the shit is either chronic or its not.

I personally only smoke bone dry nugs. it doesnt get me any more high, but it is a nicer smoother smoke.