drunk & tripping have class

itsok

Bluelighter
im a mess. drunk, tripping, on benzos, etc...

i cant fuck this up. last chance before lock up. i got 3 hrs. what should i do? im trying to get straight to drive...

How much did you drink? There's nothing you can do to make the alcohol metabolise faster - it clears your body at a set rate of about one standard drink per hour. If you've combined it with benzos you're probably going to have trouble convincing anyone that you're not intoxicated and you absolutely should not get behind the wheel of a car.

well shit...im not that benzoed out but the alcohol is the problem, huh?

If you are on any amount of alcohol and benzos, DO NOT drive. Risking your life and others' lives is not worth any possible consequences for you not driving.

Benzos potentiate the effects of alcohol so you could feel drunk and be significantly impaired on a smaller amount of alcohol. How much of a problem the alcohol is depends on how many drinks you had, over what period of time, and when you stopped drinking.

hey thanks for responding so fast. i feel better with a plan. i really appreciate y'all.

to be a teacher... cant skip. i think im ok, except i may smell of cognac. i dont know what to do about that .. garlic?

Shower.
Brush your teeth, grab some gum for while you are there.
Drink coffee before you go to try to sober up a bit.............and don't put anymore drugs in your system.

I'm glad you took the advice given here and set up a ride.
Driving under the influence is foolish and reckless.......
In the future, don't drink/do drugs before you know you have a class-
I don't mean to be rude or come off harsh, but seriously, if you knew you had only one shot at doing something- why would you risk it like this?

thanks ocean. im really messed up now. and u r right. im getting better everyday. i really appreciate all ur thoughtful, intelligent, caring responses. it helps alot.

This thread seem rather familiar to me.......almost like I have read it before several months gao.

BIGsherm, you probably did. These things happen every once in a while.

itsok, I think you'll be ok. Just sit in the back, don't attract unnecessary attention to yourself and you'll be fine. A lot of people can look completely normal while tripping balls.

Well in all honesty I'm sure everything is fine now but I've been in situations like that in the past and as stupid as it may sound 200mg of tramadol would ALWAYS bring me right back to "sobriety".
I'm not sure if its the stimulatory effects or what, but once I had drank a 6 pack, had 2 somas and couldn't walk straight and was all fuzzy headed. I took 200mg tramadol remembering one night I had took it earlier in the night, drank all night and never actually felt drunk. We took a whole bunch of pictures that night and I even looked sober. I'm not sure what it is about tramadol but if I have it in my blood it seems I just can't drunk at all.

However, this would be relevant to the actual amount of alcohol. Once I get to around 12+ beers NOTHING would bring me back at that point. But in your situation if you had any tram around I guarantee it would have straigtened you out.. as crazy/stupid as it may sound. Its near impossible for me to get drunk on the shit.

hope everything worked out well!

edit: I also want to mention it feels exactly like if you had mixed coke with alcohol. Although you can tell you have alcohol in you it just doesn't ruin your motor control/cognitive functioning. But the one thing to watch out for obviously is the hangovers. There was one night specifically I was taking shots (this was with around 350mg tram not coke) and must have had around 20 drinks in total. Although I was stumbling somewhat I still wasn't what I'd call "sloppy". Wound up passing out and the following day I've never had such a bad hangover in my life. I threw up at least 6 times that morning and was literally shaking for 3 hours when I first woke up. So watch out for hangovers/overdoing it when you do mix stims with depressants... especially the more narcotic ones.

Last edited:
i set up a ride...is that ok?

Yeah, if someone else is going to drive you, that's a lot better than driving intoxicated.

Even if you don't feel intoxicated or are OK to drive, it's not anything you should ever have to worry about. Getting a DUI/DWI can mess up your life, even if you're driving all right.

to be a teacher... cant skip. i think im ok, except i may smell of cognac. i dont know what to do about that .. garlic?

I'm sure no one in your class cares that you had a drink. As long as you don't fall asleep.

I've seen a college professor try to wake up a student who was sleeping. When that failed, they just kept lecturing.

Its all about knowing your limits, ive been staying up four days out of the week, drinking daily and doing lots of othershit, but if you can get a schedule down of work vs play its a good time.

Oddly I can usually drink without appearing too drunk but I've smoked pot for two years daily and I still can't handle myself over one hit.

I'm a little sedated, but it sounds like the OP said he was going there as a teacher... I got it in my head that it was his first workday or something. Sorry I'm sure it's me. Oh I see, he is a student who has to be the teacher for a period... right?

You can only do so much about the alcohol; getting a ride was definitely the responsible thing to do. As far as tripping, just act normal and you should be fine. I used to pride myself in my ability to be tripping my face off, surrounded by sober people, and no one the wiser.

Good luck.

^not to make any judgments or presumptions, but often when people can act sober on large amounts of any substances, its indicative of a problem.

Since you're in the US its safe to assume the legal BAC in your area is .08 and at some point was .1 or even higher. They determined the old .1 BAC legal limit by testing people's driving performance and averaging. Later on they realized that alcoholics naturally had a higher tolerance and could function better, so while .1+ was safe for alcoholics, it could be quite dangerous for most people so they lowered the legal limit nationwide.

Its roughly the same for any drug... people predisposed to addiction issues often can 'handle' themselves better and their use is less apparent to people around them. This is one way that a lot of peoples' habits get so bad because the people in their lives who may intervene earlier don't see the extent of the problem.

Now whenever I hear people claim that they drive great drunk I think odds are that they're either a drunk (or on their way to becoming one) or their delusional. Either way, not great for them.