• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Drugs which cause dramatic perspective shifts?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I take it opioids don't?

I had 20 mg meth this morning and it dramatically altered my entire psychological state.

I been taking a mild dopamine blocker for the last year (promethazine), which I realize now was making me feel like dog shit.

The meth made me suddenly see the bright side in life and I went from being in a state of frustrated depression, to pretty much as happy as I've ever been.

Other state altering drugs - Joe Rogan raves about triptamines?

LSD might be the safest bet from that class?

Have I missed out on anything?

Ketamine perhaps?

Benzos turn me into a different person sort of. More than any other drug.

They cut the brake cables and remove all inhibitions which is dangerous because I'm naturally pretty disinhibited. I already have little regard for rules and procedure; benzos erase what little regard I have remaining. This can get me into weird and bizarre situations. I'm a confident person by nature and pretty domineering but on benzos im likely to take over a local street gang or start a cult or mastermind and carry out a series of brazen bank robberies.

Not that I am a bank robber or anything like that but I frankly could write a book entitled: The Unbelievable Things I Have Actually Done on Benzos.

No drug changes my behavior more than benzos. Fear is a good thing, it keeps us from doing foolish things.

Benzos turn me into a different person sort of. More than any other drug.

They cut the brake cables and remove all inhibitions which is dangerous because I'm naturally pretty disinhibited. I already have little regard for rules and procedure; benzos erase what little regard I have remaining. This can get me into weird and bizarre situations. I'm a confident person by nature and pretty domineering but on benzos im likely to take over a local street gang or start a cult or mastermind and carry out a series of brazen bank robberies.

Not that I am bank robber or anything like that but I frankly could write a book entitled: The Unbelievable Things I Have Actually Done on Benzos.

No drug changes my behavior more than benzos. Fear is a good thing, it keeps us from doing foolish things.

Interesting how it's subjective like that - the drug class which can cause perspective shifts.

I suspect it's relative to your predisposed cognitive state (personality), probably.

Yes it highly depends on who you are to begin with. Benzos turn me into a sloppy mess and definitely don't turn me into a cult leader and theoretically capable bank robber.

Marijuana and psilocybin are the only drugs which have created a drastic perspective change for me and that happened years ago. I’ve considered tripping again now being sober

@JohnBoy2000 i’ve noticed you have a bunch of threads going about the therapeutic value of various drugs. Are you working your way through all of them in like an experimental way?

If so what’s the ultimate goal? If you have dopamine related anhedonia or depression then meth followed by coke are the ones that will seem most beneficial to you. However they are the ones most dangerous to people suffering depression also.

Every drug worth the name will give you the feeling of consciousness shift of some kind but for many that is temporary and any long term structural changes in your brain will be of the negative kind.

It might be worth reading through the great material on psychadelic medicine here put together by @mr peabody which also covers stimulants.

i have jekyll and hyde bits with both alcohol and meth, or even worse together, that put the original literature to shame.

Interesting you say meth or stimulants give a huge persceptive shift though ive never tried meth . Found mdma to give a big shift in that perspective though so i imagine meth could give a similar reaction.

I found each class of drugs gave a different shift in perspectives..

Ketamine is up there with a big change in perspective imo.

Mdpv gave me that meth like state you mentioned back when it was decent/the tan batch..

Mdma was a big one for me.

Lots of the 2c-x chemicals give a change is perspective similar to mdma but with a twist..

I imagine lsd is a huge one .

Salvia and dmt probably the biggest ones.. both being unique in their own right..

I feel like pcp and the like will be similar in nature to ketamine/methoxetamine so i imagine those chemicals will be up there with ones that give a huge shift in perspective although never tried pcp or the like only mxe which is similar i guess

I had 20 mg meth this morning and it dramatically altered my entire psychological state.

The meth made me suddenly see the bright side in life and I went from being in a state of frustrated depression, to pretty much as happy as I've ever been.
It altered your psychological state or your emotional state? 🤯🥳
I feel like there's a real difference between the two. With stimulants its less mind altering and more mood altering.

And yes it feels like being awake for the first time in your life. IME, its a feeling like you slept through every day that came before this one.

With stimulants its less mind altering and more mood altering.
I disagree, but I've been prone to psychosis from stimulants. Hallucinogenics haven't been as heavy on me at their strongest or best/worst trips as meth psychosis has, or for nearly as long at a stretch.

I find meth even on a "regular" day to be more mind altering, then the physiological effects, then mood altering in that order. It's really had its days enhancing, and also more long term screwed up all three though. Its a really altering drug all around I guess...