Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drugs in Latin America

Status
Not open for further replies.

psytaco

Bluelighter
I thought I might start this thread as I am currently in Latin America, and due to university finishing, and christmas around the corner alot of Australians may be travelling there. Also, it is becoming quite a popular destination for Australians.

I will start by saying that drugs are very available here. the principle ones being marijuana and cocaine. but I have been offered MDMA and LSD on occassion, though never bothered taking it.

The cocaine is often ALOT more pure than Australia. that said, you are often sold shit too. A common cut seems to be amphetamines or some sort of cheap stimulant.

There are also legal psychedelics that you can do as part of shamnic rituals or in some markets by the psychedelic in its raw or refined form. Two of the more common ones are Ayahuasca (contains DMT amongst other things), and San Pedro (contains mescaline).

Weak opiates and benzos can be bought from some pharmacies (generally easier in the poorer countries).

Now onto safety:

The Cops: though compared to SE Asia, the police are generally a bit more liberal towards drugs (as are the drug laws), many will still take an opportunity to stop and search you, and extract a bribe or just lock you up. This seems to be worse in Colombia, particularly Cartegena where I saw and heard about alot of people been searched, arrested, and having to pay bribes between $200 to $1000 for marijuana and coke possession.

Scoring: you may be tempted to buy of the street, and you will be asked regularly but it carries its risks. One is the police, secondly are the dealers themselves. They are not safe people, and many carry knives or guns. alot of people get robbed by them. There is also just the risk of walking around a Latin American city late at night, which can be very dangerous in itself due to the risk of assault,robbery and rape. Even kidnapping in some places.

Never go into the favelas/communos (the slums) to score or for any reason. these are very dangerous places.

Be aware that cocaine may be much stronger than what your used to. And overdosing happens due to foreingers not being careful. emergency response in alot of these countries is limited. so if you have a heart attack, it may be unlikely you will get assistance in time.

If anyone has anything to add, please do.

If you're in Colombia, tramadol is OTC, no questions asked, at any pharmacy. Get the 20/30ml liquid vials, as they are cheaper than tablets mg/$, and you get twice as much tramadol from the vials than you do from packets. From memory it was 1ml/100mg tramadol. If you find yourself in rural areas of any country, chances are you'll be able to get benzos, codiene, tramadol fairly easily, even ketamine if you manage to find a veterinary.
Not sure if i should say this, but if you're approached by "johnny walker" in Cartegena, he sells v good coke, but can be quite pushy and seems to know everybody in Cartegena, including cops. So use your own judgment with that one and becareful

Sorry dude, but I really don't feel as though this belongs here. I realise that there are a couple of threads on Asian Destinations, but technically this forum does cover Asian drug discussion, this is not the case for Latin American drug discussion. While you make a fair point that many Australians may pay that region a visit at this time of year, in my view its probably best for them to seek information in a forum that deals directly with the regions. I have seen quite a number of foreigners ask about the drug scene in Australia, but I doubt theres a 'Drugs in Australia' thread in European or North American Drug Discussion (although you never know) so for these reasons I think I am going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.