• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Drugs Fused to Septum

foroblivion

Greenlighter
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes. I'm currently starting over in recovery, but whenever I did meth/coke/etc I preferred to snort over smoke. When I used to get uber fucked up, I'd forget to clear my nose afterwards with water or I'd just do it really shit. My nose felt like it was burning yesterday after taking my last line, more so than it usually does, so I decided to take a look, and what else did I find but solid white crystals dripping down my septum (the side of it was bleeding so I assume I scratched it). My s/o had a similar thing happen when he accidentally sucked up a piece of old meth inside his friends hot rail tube. He ended up with a horrible sinus infection that lasted months, and his solution was to just spend those months trying to rip it out of his sinus with tweezers and super intense nose blowing. not the most efficient and definitely more painful than what I would like to experience. Plus, getting a layer of meth out from under the skin might require a different approach.

Basically I'm asking if anyone's experienced similar things and how did you get rid of it?? I usually don't notice but I cant imagine it's all that good to permanently have crystal meth stuck inside my nose. I'm a pussy with this type of pain specifically. My septum piercing? Easy peasy. Trying to scratch this thing out? Absolute hell.

can you try inhaling steam (gently and not too much cos you don't want to burn yourself)?

i've never experienced anything like you describe but a friend who used to routinely lose the vaccum in his nose by snorting too much would clear it out using steam. i think meth is water soluble so that should help to get it out.

don't fuss over it in the meantime. i'm pretty sure it will resolve itself eventually but appreciate it must be painful.

I've been using q-tips in water as hot as I can handle to try and remove it like that, It almost seems like there's a layer of skin over it, I thought it was a burn from a hot rail or a sore that I was too high to notice until I looked at it a little closer. You can kinda see the individual crystals inside if I zoom a picture in close, its kinda neat, even if it does burn lol I'm mostly worried about getting an infection? Like even before I started doing drugs I was paranoid about everything so its just even worse now T-T

there won't be a layer of skin over it. its possible theres a thin layer of snot or blood that's kinda stuck it there, hot water should help with that too.

a q tip with hot water sounds like a good idea. if you are as careful as possible not to disrupt the surface, which i guess is super thin and sensitive up there, you'll give yourself the best chance of avoiding an infection. i don't know if any antiseptic stuff is suitable for the skin up there, tcp would probably absolutely kill.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but are you completely sure it's definitely there and you're not imagining it from the drugs, or tweaked out of your mind, I'm not joking, I'm trying to help as you don't want to scratch away stuff that's not there

Maybe it is and if so make sure everything you poke up your nose is sterile, or you could end up with an infection, hot salt water is good and yeah the cotton buds, that you call q tips that you been doing, just add some salt to the warm water

I don't mean to sound harsh, but are you completely sure it's definitely there and you're not imagining it from the drugs, or tweaked out of your mind, I'm not joking, I'm trying to help as you don't want to scratch away stuff that's not there

that is actually a really good point. i ended up with loads of open sores when i was addicted to crack of stuff i imagined was there but realistically probably wasn't and fussed at them compulsively. god i looked a mess there was at least one part of me bleeding at all times.

If you have the money, go buy a sinus rinse kit from the drug store. NeilMed is a good one, but any one will do. Squirt some room temp saline up there, or even just plain distilled water (don't use tap water).

If what you're seeing doesn't go away with a few sinuses flushes, then it's just a normal part of your nose, or you're imagining it.

I was worried I might've been imagining it too, I've primarily had audio hallucinations in the past but occasionally I'll get really bad visuals. I've always been a skin picker/scratcher, even before starting drugs, as a result of my anxiety disorder (I've got scars up and down my arms from scratching when I was in school and little red dots all over my legs) so my immediate reaction was to try and get it out with the q tip and everything, but when it wouldn't come out, I was worried that my brain made up an excuse to attack myself again. So, I had my sister check for me really quick and she saw it, so that only fueled my drugged out attempt to fix it and get it out. Bad ideas all around as I did damage my nose a good bit by using tap and being sorta aggressive. I eventually realized I was doing more harm than good and had to ask a friend's mom (nurse) if it was safe to put small bits of peroxide to scratched up parts of my nose out of fear. It's just a weird thing to have never noticed before if it was normal I think. This is one of the two main reasons I'm trying to get sober, I lose all common sense and just forget that things like this could actually fuck me up, I hate to imagine the pain I'd be feeling right now if I had gotten stuck there trying to dig it out for ages

This sounds more like psychosis to me... Please don’t try to pull “meth shards” from under the “skin” of the inside of your nose. Meth and cocaine are very water soluble, unless you snorted in the last couple of days this is all in your head.

-GC

Cut your nose off and kill two birds with one stone. No more pesky methbooger and you won't be able to snort meth anymore since you won't have a nose.

Jokes aside, if it truly is there and somehow stuck in your septum, I would just go to town with saline spray or perhaps try a neti pot. Or go to the doctor if that's a possibility. Definitely DON'T dig at it for hours with tweezers. That will lead to nothing good.

I don't think I explained it very well, I admit that I suck at expressing things sometimes. My sister, who is 100% sober, could see it as well. I can still see it a day later, which is why I thought I should mayyybe ask. I don't think that its actually deep in my skin, I just meant that when I ran the cotton and hot water over it a few times, it seemed like there was something over it because it wouldn't budge (I thought it might've even been a booger or something, only it literally will not budge). Maybe it's scar tissue? I'm really not sure. I'm not the smartest person in the world, especially considering its my first day attempting cold turkey again and I'm admittedly pretty mush-brained at the moment.

Cut your nose off and kill two birds with one stone. No more pesky methbooger and you won't be able to snort meth anymore since you won't have a nose.

Jokes aside, if it truly is there and somehow stuck in your septum, I would just go to town with saline spray or perhaps try a neti pot. Or go to the doctor if that's a possibility. Definitely DON'T dig at it for hours with tweezers. That will lead to nothing good.
Bro so long as I have an entry point, I'll figure out how to get that shit in there lmao

I'll probably head out and get some saline spray to try and help it once I can step out of my house without my knuckles immediately gluing themselves in place. Doctor is out of the question unless its a 100% emergency, as I don't have health insurance. Maybe a walk in clinic if it starts hurting on a regular basis instead of just when I further irritate it with more drugs lol Somehow the tweezers method worked for him, slowly but surely! I remember him running out of the bathroom super excited he'd finally gotten it out. Sure enough, his nose cleared up within the week (aside from some sensitivity)

It could be scar tissue, as said you’d only have shards up there still if your nose is really dry and you just finished a long binge. Even then it wouldn’t be there long, the moisture from your breath would dissolve it in no time.

-GC

that is actually a really good point. i ended up with loads of open sores when i was addicted to crack of stuff i imagined was there but realistically probably wasn't and fussed at them compulsively. god i looked a mess there was at least one part of me bleeding at all times

Once on speed, which ain't meth but UK base, speed, amphetamine powder stuff, I looked in a mirror and saw lots of tiny blackheads I hadn't seen noticed before, I squeezed them, poked at them and gouged them with tweezers I think it was, its going back 20 odd years now lol, anyway when I went back to where I was staying my forehead was covered in so many would that turned into scabs, I was actually a heroin addict trying to get clean but ended up on amphetamine which was worse for me, so not long after that I moved back to where I lived and went back on heroin, not suggesting you do that though lol