Drugs & debt getting on top of me...

GarageFlower

Bluelighter
I've been in debt since I can remember with my bank, I've lived in my overdraft since I was 18; I'm now nearly 22.

I'm out of work at the minute and have been for a number of months so I'm signed on benefits - JSA (Job seekers allowance) a measly £112 a fortnight!

I've had to take out short term lender loans from the evil likes of Wonga and QuickQuid in order to pay my drug debts/feed my habit and feel it's a vicious circle as the more debt I get in the more I want to smoke myself into a coma thus lending more and buying more gear.

I was just about to get straight in the next couple of weeks too with what I owed but me being the stupid idiot I am kept upping the loan and now it's gone from an affordable £150 to nearly £500 and the date for paying this is looming ever closer.
I just feel so down and feel like it's all getting too much. There's hardly a day goes by where a red letter doesn't land on my mat or I get a phonecall from the bank etc..

I just want to get the fuckers paid off and not have it hanging over my head any more but I really don't know what to do.

:(

I'm 30 years old next month and I've also gotten in trouble with debts because of my drinking problem and too much spending... My total debt amounts to 20000 euros. Fortunately I'll be getting a better paid job soon so I can start paying back. I've also had to talk with a credit councellor.

If you don't pay your debts, and don't own anything valuable the distraint authorities (bailiff) could confiscate, the only thing they can do about it is harass you with phone calls.

There's really very little that can be done about the situation as long as you have a costly opiate habit. Maybe you should reconsider your use and look at the problems its causing...

I know it's not easy, but if you want to have money, or use your money to pay off debt, you can't be spending it on drugs.