Dropping my suboxone

MONSTA!!

Bluelighter
Hi,

I've reposted this here as it seems the frequenters of other drugs can't be bothered to help and I've previously had good advice in this forum.

I'm currently on 22mg of suboxone a day, from what I've read and comments made on this site this dose is much to high.

I have a couple of questions -

Today I dropped my dose to 8mg and intend to keep it there, do you think I will experience any discomfort from the reduced dosage? (I've been at 22mg for 3 months)

Also do you think I could go lower? I want to be on the lowest dose that will keep me comfortable. I don't mind a little pain getting there but not to much

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I am relatively new to opiate maintenance.

Thanks
MONSTA!!

Suboxone is really one of those things that less is more. You might not very slight differences between 22 and 8 but it'll be worth it. I would say after you go on 8 for a couple of days, lower it to 4 or even 2. It won't take long to adjust and you'll feel the same results, maybe even better.

I was thinking of taking two mg tomorrow and seeing how I feel.

I've heard of the full agonist effect from norbupe at 2mg doses, is it noticeable? Do people generally feel better at 2mg? Or is this too big a drop.

I guess only time will tell, but someone must have had a similar experience or some advice?

Since you've been taking the high doses, it may take a day or two for it to adjust but maybe not. I've noticed that 2mg is plenty for me. I used to do all sorts of opiates and took sub to not feel dope sick, but now about the only thing I do occasionally is sub and it actually gives me a buzz. I feel the agonist effects anywhere from .25 - 2.0mg but that's taking into consideration my low tolerance. I used to bang about 4mg a day and after the first shot I wouldn't really feel better, sometimes worse.

Hi mate, i would say stick to 8 for 7 days, then go to 6 for 7 days, the 4 for 7 days, then 2...

You may have a little discomfort, but after a while it will hold you fine!

Good luck mate, try not to rush it, as it may be too uncomfortable and you could then think fuck this ill go back to 22. And it may seem like the drop to 8 was easy so you can carry on at this rate, but it has a long half life, so you wouldnt notice it for a couple of days anyway. Stick to that regime of a week in between each drop and youll be fine!

Yes you will probably feel discomfort from dropping from 22 to 8mg's. In my experience I would have an easier time making large jumps down than I would once I hit say 8mgs and started lowering my dose from there. Usually it would take roughly a week sometimes longer to adjust to a new dose. 22mgs to 8mgs is a BIG drop. How are you feeling?

peace.
seedess

Hi mate, i would say stick to 8 for 7 days, then go to 6 for 7 days, the 4 for 7 days, then 2...

You may have a little discomfort, but after a while it will hold you fine!

Good luck mate, try not to rush it, as it may be too uncomfortable and you could then think fuck this ill go back to 22. And it may seem like the drop to 8 was easy so you can carry on at this rate, but it has a long half life, so you wouldnt notice it for a couple of days anyway. Stick to that regime of a week in between each drop and youll be fine!

That's true. I guess I was thinking from my perspective only. Anything below one whole pill and the drop will be more noticeable, but it's still not an overwhelming discomfort imo and it'll be worth it after a few days.

Thanks for all the advice!

Yes you will probably feel discomfort from dropping from 22 to 8mg's. In my experience I would have an easier time making large jumps down than I would once I hit say 8mgs and started lowering my dose from there. Usually it would take roughly a week sometimes longer to adjust to a new dose. 22mgs to 8mgs is a BIG drop. How are you feeling?

peace.
seedess

I'm feeling pretty good this morning. I've taken 2mg and I feel quite good, could be a psychosomatic thing though. Hopefully it will carry me through till tomorrow morning.

Hey what's up. I was on 24mg of sub. I never made a drop of over 4mg, but I was able to go down to about 2-4mg without ever noticing any discomfort. I managed to wean myself down to 1-2mg, then stopped about 4 days ago. I've only experienced mild WD symptoms, nothing that has prevented me from going to work even. I am prescribed neurontin and celexa and I am thanking both of those from keeping the crushing anxiety I usually feel at bay. Good luck to you

Cheers man I've been at 1-2mg for nearly a week now and feel much better for it.

You should speak with your doctor about adjusting your Suboxone dose.

If I did that then jumping off 2mg of sub should not be that difficult because "it's a low dose". 8)

If you have NO experience with actually taking suboxone, as most doctors do not, then I would be critical of any information they're giving you. I would still talk to your doctor about it as Misskins says, but I would follow what your body is telling you regarding how many mgs you're taking. I was on 4-5mg for a few months before I dropped to 2mg when I was prescribed it and being at 2mg was a lot more manageable.