View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

drawing while tripping

neurotic

Bluelighter
i'm not talking about drawing psychedelic things or drawing the things you see when tripping balls

i mean drawing mundane and not-trippy stuff while tripping on a low/micro/functional dose (so the visual distortions don't affect your drawing that much). anyone done that?

did this the other day (low dose, no obvious visual distortions) on acid and holy shit it blew my mind! it was a very mild dose but yet my drawing skills where profoundly affected.

drawing anything 'from my head' was impossible. in fact i tried and it looked incredibly ugly and even scared me i instantly scratched it. but drawing what i was seeing was far easier and fluid - that is the best word i found to describe it. the drawings i made were incredibly better than any i had made when sober

i tried to figure out what was different and i noticed that i focused much less on little details of the drawing - which now i see are unimportant to the drawing as a whole - and much more on the 'essence', the entirety of the drawing. my drawings were much less detailed but yet captured what i was seeing much more accurately, with few lines. i would not spend more than a split second on a particular part of the drawing and let the pencil flow through the paper. when i am sober i focus a lot on details and end up missing on the drawing as a whole.

furthermore, i feel that now, after the trip, i draw the things that i drew during the trip better than i did before (or so i think), so i feel like i really learned something, like the acid really changed something in the background

so, anyone with experiences? or what psychedelics would you guys think are good for this kind of thing? shrooms don't alter my vision much but make me disoriented as fuck, while NBOMe's make me clear-headed but the visual distortion is big...