• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dose Cannabis make for a more positive trip?

Generic84

Bluelighter
I noticed that every time I smoke Cannabis with LSD, it seems to make for a more positive trip. Anyone else have these experiences? The visuals also increase exponentially, some cool things.

Massively, sometimes too massively, trips me the fuck out. Just throws in incredible mind-loops, insane confusion and short-term memory loss, hysterics and general good cheer. :) I find weed trips the shit out of me combined with any psychedelic and many drugs adding a whole weird layer of confusion to proceedings. I've had some awesome times smoking about 6-7 hours int a trip and ramping it up shitloads. It can, however, cause anxiety and even panic in some, so I only reccomend such to semi-experienced smokers/trippers. I've had close shave with insane panic when combining oral cannabis and LSD but fought my way through and had a fucking blast. The weed just kept plucking at the LSD and throwing in its own blast of strange trippiness, magnified a zillion times... Ended well.

^ pretty much what this guy said.
Pretty on point

Weed can make the trip more happy but by no means more easy, which is a weird concept when I think of it

fuck no, not for me anyway. Every time ive smoked before psychs ive had a terrible time, paranoid thoughts and extreme anxiety and terror. All depends on the person though. IMO leave psychs to be on their own, the only thing i would really reccomend taking with them is a small dose of MDMA for the euphoria and headspace

I've smoked bong upon bong during a comeup (LSD) and had an amazing trip.

I've also taken a single hit out of a hitter the size of a cigarette at the peak of another acid trip and tripped the fuck out. Insane mindfuck, ego death, loops, the whole nine yards.

It depends on when you smoke it during the trip I believe. I've heard a lot of similar accounts.

a small amount of cannabis can push a trip in a positive direction but there are no guarantees with psychedelics.

I tend to save it for once I feel fully comfortable in the trip. I like to stay clear headed on the come up if possible.

It'll definitely crank up the effects, but could also end in increased anxiety as mentioned before - so know your limits!

I love it. I'm a glutton for punishment though and love taking dissociatives+paychedelics, then if I have enough money for the real deal, smoking it up. If not then I'm smoking synthetic cannabinoids.

Dose Cannabis make for a more positive trip?

No. It makes the trip more intense and confusing, greatly adding to the risk of having a bad experience. For some it works very well though, but if you look at the amount of times people write "i smoked some weed and things went south" the pattern is obvious. Only try if you're very experinced with cannabis and psychs. Take very low doses.

Agreed, it can potentiate several effects some of which can lead to more positives and others more negatives - in other words I would not make it out to be so reliable as the 'stateme (make for ..) asked about in this thread implies.

I find that usually it does, for me. Helps me to ease into the trip and provides that light and humorous state of mind that cannabis provides. However, it also ramps up the intensity of the trip greatly. In some cases this can lead to a greatly increased sense of anxiety or disorientation. I have had trips where smoking weed threw me into a negative place, when it was on a strong dose of something powerful and I was not prepared for that great of an increase in intensity. I'd say, if you're starting to experience a trip turning negative because it's too overwhelming mentally, that smoking weed will hurt rather than help. However it can be great for launching into the peak when you're feeling physically uncomfortable from the come-up, because it tends to make you feel nicer physically and also push you past that point where you're not quite all the way there yet.

I'd say there's a good chance weed will make a trip more positive for you, IF you're an experienced smoker and the trip isn't bordering on too intense already.

I love smoking weed while tripping balls, personally. Or used to, haven't done it in a while.

It does make the trip more intense but that's a good thing, IMO, if you're already having a good time.

Yep. Always smoke weed including during a trip. I tripped once without weed, it was clearer mind. But I prefer the relaxing and psychedelic edge (even if it seems paradoxical) that weed gives me. It helps me control the trip. Few puffs and I'm plunging into the deep waters. Love it especially with music in the mix (which means 80% of the trip).
Weed always give me a positive effect on me, with or without lsd. While on lsd, my weed tolerance seems to vanish tho.
Anyway weed has a different effect on each person, so it can be difficult for other people, I'm really sad for them.
In the other hand I never drank alcohol.

For me I think if I start the trip already slightly high I can smoke during even an hour after ingestion with little issues.

I think a lot of it probably depends on how much you like weed in general. I love it and it improves virtually any drug in my opinion, but it seems to make a particularly big difference with dissociatives and tryptamines. If you don't like weed though it's probably a bad idea to add it to a trip. Any sort of bad vibes/feelings can snowball and ruin a trip. That being said sometimes the "bad" trips can be even more insightful than the good ones.

I'd say, if you're starting to experience a trip turning negative because it's too overwhelming mentally, that smoking weed will hurt rather than help. However it can be great for launching into the peak when you're feeling physically uncomfortable from the come-up, because it tends to make you feel nicer physically and also push you past that point where you're not quite all the way there yet.

Yeah that is when I tend to smoke it too, right as you are coming up but not quite at the peak yet. Smoking weed at that point is like BLAST OFF and bam you are in full blown tripping mode. I agree about it not helping if a trip is already going badly too. If you want to "settle down" a bad trip benzos are far more helpful IMO.

With lsd I like it during the come up in order to accelerate the transition. And during the trip for deepness.
Actually while lsd and weed is a good combo for me, I wouldn't say the same for muschrooms. It often makes things mentaly and physically uncontrollable even to a point I was losing conscience.