• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does the marijuana high plateau or is it semi linear?

ShinjiEva69

Ex-Bluelighter
Having the misfortune of losing my bong I am left with my bowl. My bowl does not get me as high as my bong. I've tried smoking 3 bowl fulls and still not as high.

So my question is concerning the bowl: is packing more than one bowl a waste? Is there a plateau, is there a difference after each successive bowl. How would one bowl compare to 6?

i would say there would be no point smoking the 6 bowls after smoking like three...cuz ur body would get use to the amounts of thc being absorbed

after a while it does become harder to get more stoned, but if your pipe isnt getting you as ripped as your bong you can smoke another bowl to get higher and eventually you'll get as high as your bong.

bongs give you a lot of thc at once which is what your missing out on with your pipe.. try taking bigger rips

Your body can only be so high at one time. Theres a calculator somewhere on erowid I've used for figuring out how much THC is in your blood (it's for drug tests). Once you smoke a certain amount, you can't get any higher. My friends have never grasped this idea, and are content on rolling and smoking a cone after blazing a few bongs.

I've found it to be much better to wait until the effects are wearing off, and then smoking again.

When I am solo smoking, I will pack my bong as much as I can and leave it on my desk. I'll take a hit, and then chill and do whatever I was doing before. I'll wait a little while and then take another hit. After that I'll keep taking hits every 20 minutes or so to keep my high going. I find this much better than just blazing the whole bong in one sitting.

Because of my high tolerance, if I just smoke in one sitting I'm usually only high for a half an hour or so; then I'm just burned out.

so say if i smoked 15 joints after a while it wouldn't have the same affect on me as the first few did right?

frizzantik said:
bongs give you a lot of thc at once which is what your missing out on with your pipe.. try taking bigger rips

14.gif

If you can't already, I'd suggest learning to roll good cones. A really nicely hitting cone can get me just as high as my bong, something a glass bowl really can't do effectively without smoking bowl after bowl...

You'll get exponentially less high with each bowl or joint smoked.
The peak is pretty high though - those of you who have smoked until you literally can't walk or see straight know that the highest plateau IS hard to reach. I think i've only been that high a few times in my life, where the entire world is moving around and swaying, even though it 'seems' like my vision is straight. God damn gravity bongs :)

Shibaz said:
Your body can only be so high at one time. Theres a calculator somewhere on erowid I've used for figuring out how much THC is in your blood (it's for drug tests). Once you smoke a certain amount, you can't get any higher. My friends have never grasped this idea, and are content on rolling and smoking a cone after blazing a few bongs.

can u please post a link to that calculator?

Yeah that'd be cool.

And correct me if i'm wrong, but it was mentioned that "At a certain point, you can't get more stoned" .. the way I see it, some nights if I kept smoking I'd just end up asleep or passed out, thus making me more stoned, I smoke a few grams a night but I could never see myself at the point where I couldnt possibly be 1 tiny bit more stoned, I can always be more stoned,..

I rcekon it also depends on the weed, shitty weed will only get you so high, whereas good weed can get you hella ripped for hours..

Anyway, the marijuana high for ME is plateau, as it kinda kicks in, hangs around for an hour or two before I smoke another 2 or 3, and im back to where I was before, it takes me more to get stoned nowadays than before, but I accept that.

PhireXZ said:
And correct me if i'm wrong, but it was mentioned that "At a certain point, you can't get more stoned" .. the way I see it, some nights if I kept smoking I'd just end up asleep or passed out, thus making me more stoned, I smoke a few grams a night but I could never see myself at the point where I couldnt possibly be 1 tiny bit more stoned, I can always be more stoned

Indeed. You can get a lot of THC in your blood, the saturation point is quite high.

And the "THC Calculator" is on the Erowid Cannabis vault under Drug Tests. :)

i would say there would be no point smoking the 6 bowls after smoking like three...cuz ur body would get use to the amounts of thc being absorbed

I'm afraid i disagree strongly there.

A while ago, coz i was bored and was getting pissed off with tolerance... i decided to puff non-stop from a pipe to see what it would do

For about 15 minutes i was chuffing away at the thing, until my throat was just too soar and i was getting too caned to hold the pipe straight.

At first it was cool and trippy, then the weed hit very hard and it got quite scary. I felt like i was battling to stay conscious, i was hallucinating everywhere and a few times i felt myself falling towards the floor about to black out... very scary.

If there is a point where u can only get so stoned, i don't want to be there...

Most of the time if you try smoking as much as you can you'll pass out before you run out. Still fun, because by that time you're really really stoned. Then you wake up and you're still really stoned. Then you smoke more and pass back out. :|

it will become harder to get stonee as you continue to smoke, but surely 6 bowls will get you higher then three

I can't see anyone ever in the whole history of this planet, smoking the "maximum" amount that their body can handle, im sure that one extra puff could be taken, it's not like alcohol, where at a certain dosage you will die.

All drugs plateau eventually, because you run outa receptors for the drug to bind to.

Meanwhile, I think that erowid.org THC calculator is bunk.
Firstly, it assumes you reach "100% blood concentration" every time you smoke. I have no idea what that means. Blood can always hold more of a substance, until the blood is 100% of that substance, i.e. in this case, your blood is just THC. So that's just rubbish.

Also, as anyone who has eaten fuck loads of really strong THC cake or whatever... you can get REALLY fucking high on THC. So high that the room spins, you see fractals, you start spewing, and shaking and can't talk and seriously hard out shit.

If you can get more effects from a drug, then you must be able to get higher blood concentrations. Hence, when you smoke normally and you don't get way to high, your blood isn't at a maximum THC concentration, and you can get higher.

therefore 1) The erowid.org THC calculator is founded on incorrect assumptions
2) THC does not plateau at doses as low 2 or 6 bowls.

BilZ0r said:
[clip]
2) THC does not plateau at doses as low 2 or 6 bowls.
Perhaps they were talking about the high, how you'll come up and stay on this plateau of such and such a high for so long, then come off the plateau.

Interpretations man. :\