• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Relapse Does Opiate Relapse Restart PAWS?

PathOfFools

Greenlighter
So, I used opiates for several years. Primarily I used Oxycodone and built up a tolerance of about 100mg a day. I also used Fentanyl during this time, which was mainly done by sucking on/or ingesting patches (film not gel). I came clean to family and friends in April of last year and after obtaining several months of sobriety, began a series of short relapses, typically using for 1-3 days, being careful not to incite withdrawal again. Well, of course this didn't work out and I recently had a relapse of about ten days. The relapse primarily consisted of obtaining four patches of Fent (250mcg) and cutting it into strips for sucking on over the course of ten days. Yesterday was my first day without and as soon as I started feeling tense and getting a runny nose I knew that I had taken it too far and that I was about to go through a kick, again.

I took some naltrexone to intentionally precipitate withdrawal in an attempt to make the withdrawal faster. The ensuing withdrawal symptoms were not terrible. I had some zofran set back for the nausea and gastro issues, and other than that I lost a few hours of sleep. Lots of tension in my body from hips down and wicked RLS.

My questions: Given the above history can anyone speak to the PAWS? I find this to be the absolute worst part of recovery and the PAWS symptoms are ruining my marriage. Does paws get pushed back or prolonged after a relapse? Does it only matter if I went through another withdrawal? Am I starting at day one of months-long PAWS hell?

Last edited: