• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does My Friend React Differently to LSD Becayse He Can't Trip?

Weedsmokintreenig

Greenlighter
Alright, so my buddy drops acid every weekend and trips every time. He usually takes 1-2 tabs of the stuff he has each trip. My other buddy bought 3 tabs off him and attempted to trip. Key word ATTEMPTED. So around 7 he dropped one tab under his tongue for 30 minutes and waited an hour. Not much happened. No tracers, no objects breathing, nothing. Keep in mind I know the guy who sells the acid and he and his other friends trip off of the same stuff. So my friend decided to drop the other 2 tabs at 8pm. There was a body high and minor hallucinations all through the night; nothing more than things barely moving, he says. No patterns on walls or objects. They body high, however, was very painful and powerful, and left him sore the next day. The acid guy felt bad and gave him another tab from his personal stash; the best stuff he had. One tab would make him (the seller) trip balls. So 3 days later, my buddy decides to drop that last tab, but he did some things differently. He put the tab under his tongue like last time, but this time he smoked a few bowls of some very dank weed, then took an ibuprofen. Ibuprofen acts as a blood thinner, he heard, so it would help with soreness caused by vasoconstriction. The weed, he says, made the come up nice and chill, and gently brought him to his peak. The hallucinations were slightly better this time, more movement, and the body high wasn't painful due to the ibuprofen and weed. Still, however, he didn't trip. Nothing special or beautiful happened. He was bummed. He also dropped acid a few weeks prior with the same result. It just gave him an intense high feeling. Is there anything he's doing wrong? Or does he just react differently to LSD? Should he try any other psychedelics? If so, which ones? I feel very bad for him because he feels he is in need of an awesome deep psych experience, but can't break hold from reality, even after a triple dose of LSD. he's also tried shrooms with no success. Any help for my friend would be much appreciated. My apologies if this post is in the wrong place; I'm new to Bluelight. Just correct me and tell me where to post next time. Thanks!:D

I have no explanation as to why your friend felt no effect from LSD at all, surely I would expect him to feel SOMETHING, as it is such a powerful drug. Altleast some anxiety, or irritability or nausea at the least..is your friend in any medications? I heard some anti psychotics like seroquel can be responsible for killing a trip.

The reason I feel like he should of felt SOMETHING, is well, i think its so damn powerful that one has to notice it a tad bit?
I took two hits for my first time the other day, and I must say, it hit me so hard it was frightening, almost like a rush from shooting way too much cocaine, as far as physically went and how my senses were taken to the extreme, colors were bright like animation, certain thoughts almost physically hurt thinking about it if that makes sense, it just felt so damn strong I would expect even the most tolerant type of person to get atleast anxiousness out of it.

Does your friend frequently abuuse other hallucinogens or psychedelics that would give him a sort of natural tolerance to LSD?
If indeed it was not fake, and you do believe your friend that he indeed take it, i would look at the possibility of other medications interacting with or a tolerance to drugs similiar to LSD, or perhaps he has a defiency in brain chemicals needed for LSD to bind to, from past drug use ..I don't know im.not a doctor but thats.my two cents

Is he on any antidepressants or psych meds? SSRIs will dull a trip and anti-psychotics generally kill/prevent them altogether. Benzos tend to really dull lysergamides for me as well, though I still get visuals.

just for corroboration, I too have posted a similar question. I have experienced two people in my life who, one cannot trip (as of yet), and the other requires approximately 400ug to experience effects of an approximate 100ug experience consistently.

I have seen these individuals consume LSD from the same vile, at the same time as others and different times, and experience only mild physiological effects while others are where you'd expect with 100ug LSD. strangest thing and the only answer I have is that they naturally respond to these chemicals differently.
these two individuals were not on any Rx medication and had not used psychedelics in a year or more. To this day I am puzzled.

I'm sure brain chemistry can play a part too. I have ADHD and stimulants can put me to sleep in lower doses, and 100mg adderall xr barely causes my heart to speed up. I don't really have a tolerance from use though, I could simply handle a lot from the start. I guess it can happen with psychedelics too, though I'm really curious as to why. I've actually seen quite a few stories like the ones above. I would guess that it has to do with serotonin, but maybe not. I'm the opposite way, I seem to experience most psychedelics slightly more intensely than others, but that could also be because I'm always smoking weed :p

^ I agree with you 100%. I guess I'm the type that's very sensitive to hallucinogens, the heightened sense of perception was just way too intense for me, it was almost painful in a way, and it has me nauseous the whole time, which has to do with the sensory overload. Once the come up fades, it's way more comfortable and enjoyable. When it first kicked in, it literally felt like a injected way too much cochise, or like I drank a.bottle of liquor in two seconds..I really don't want to admit it yet that psychedelics are not for me, but it's enjoyable at the same time,.music and emotions are.beautiful tripping, feels kind of like mdma in a lot of ways

Good to know he's not the only one. He never abused any psychs or prescription drugs, except for a time in august when he abused Ritalin for about a week, but I doubt that could affect anything. Were the two individuals you know able to trip on any other substances like shrooms, 2cb, or anything of the sort?

one of them is highly experienced with tryptamines and phenethylamines, but across-the-board often requires a higher dose of tryptamines.

The other has dabbled with psilocybin mushrooms and MDMA with similar results, not experiencing subjective effects that would be expected. The earlier experiences were low dose. The lsd experience was 100ug-125ug and all that occurred was pupil dilation, physical stimulation, anxiety, tightness in chest. That same night another individual (not person 1) took the same dose and within 45 minutes was experiencing strong come up, by 1.25 hours having a full psychedelic experience that lasted approximately 11 hours. Baffling...