Does donating plasma affect T levels if on TRT?

chicken hoagie

Bluelighter
Just curious as to how this works. I know they say donating whole blood occasionally is beneficial for restoring iron levels in individuals on TRT and steroids, but I am thinking that it may be the opposite in this case. I am also wondering about the exact pharmacokinetics of testosterone, to see if donating plasma would basically hinder progress made on TRT. I dont imagine that donating plasma one time drains you of all your free or total testosterone, but I would like to know roughly how much it does take away.

Just curious as to how this works. I know they say donating whole blood occasionally is beneficial for restoring iron levels in individuals on TRT and steroids, but I am thinking that it may be the opposite in this case. I am also wondering about the exact pharmacokinetics of testosterone, to see if donating plasma would basically hinder progress made on TRT. I dont imagine that donating plasma one time drains you of all your free or total testosterone, but I would like to know roughly how much it does take away.
No donation won’t neg affect you.
IM in the hormone field. Also, if you don’t want donate a pint of blood on T it’s not necessary. T does not cause blood thickness contrary popular belief. It’s a false reading. Testosterone causes an oxygenation of the blood. It’s the same thing that happens when people use hyperbaric chambers and fighters go train at high altitudes.
The average Sherpa has a hemoglobin of 24. You don’t see them dropping dead from strokes do you? Nope. It’s a false reading on the Labs.
Doctors think it’s a blood thickening called PCV which is a rare bone marrow disease. The way to tell is if your blood platelet counts are above 100,000 I believe is the number. I need to double check on that. But, that’s not what testosterone does. It causes erythrocytosis.
If you would like info on it from a leading expert in the hormone field, who has been over 40+ years, I’m happy to share a letter that he sends to all of his patients primary care, physicians.

Mod note: this post is complete and utter horse shit, and should not be followed at all. I will leave it as an example of "garbage people try to pass off in the community".

Last edited by a moderator:
IM in the hormone field. Also, if you don’t want donate a pint of blood on T it’s not necessary. T does not cause blood thickness contrary popular belief. It’s a false reading. Testosterone causes an oxygenation of the blood. It’s the same thing that happens when people use hyperbaric chambers and fighters go train at high altitudes.
The average Sherpa has a hemoglobin of 24. You don’t see them dropping dead from strokes do you? Nope. It’s a false reading on the Labs.
Doctors think it’s a blood thickening called PCV which is a rare bone marrow disease. The way to tell is if your blood platelet counts are above 100,000 I believe is the number. I need to double check on that. But, that’s not what testosterone does. It causes erythrocytosis.
If you would like info on it from a leading expert in the hormone field, who has been over 40+ years, I’m happy to share a letter that he sends to all of his patients primary care, physicians.
Thank you for your educated response! I am actually seeing a doctor currently that treated me for lyme disease but also has me on 240mg of T per week. But I have been having a problem with elevated liver enzymes in my bloodwork lately. My e2 levels were 4x higher than the highest average at the beginning of TRT because he forgot to put me on an AI..so I have been on 2.5mg of letrozole again for about a month now. My physical symptoms from high e2 seem to be fading, but I still need to go get another round of bloods done to check on my liver enzymes. I told doc (and he agreed) that its possibly from my extremely elevated e2..

But i most recently noticed some very slight yellowing on the edge of my eyes. Do you have an opinion on what could be causing my elevated liver enzymes? I tested negative for lyme over a month ago after having been on antibiotics heavily for 6 months. So i no longer need the antibiotics, but i just quit taking them a couple months ago.

Thank you for your educated response! I am actually seeing a doctor currently that treated me for lyme disease but also has me on 240mg of T per week. But I have been having a problem with elevated liver enzymes in my bloodwork lately. My e2 levels were 4x higher than the highest average at the beginning of TRT because he forgot to put me on an AI..so I have been on 2.5mg of letrozole again for about a month now. My physical symptoms from high e2 seem to be fading, but I still need to go get another round of bloods done to check on my liver enzymes. I told doc (and he agreed) that its possibly from my extremely elevated e2..

But i most recently noticed some very slight yellowing on the edge of my eyes. Do you have an opinion on what could be causing my elevated liver enzymes? I tested negative for lyme over a month ago after having been on antibiotics heavily for 6 months. So i no longer need the antibiotics, but i just quit taking them a couple months ago.
I will do my best to answer this without confusing you, I hope.
1 Drop the AI unless you have gyno symptoms. Its hurting you. You want high e2 contrary to what most drs will tell you. E2 protects the heart, brain, prostate mandatory for sex drive, mandatory for healthy lipids. E2 has been used to figtht prostate cancer for over 50 years so having high e2 on test lowers prostate cancer risk. Double win! I hve not used an AI in years.
The avg pubescent male teen E2 ranges 75-105 on Labcorps ref ranges but doc dont hand them AIs so why do they put all men on them without gyno issues? Food for thought. I will show you my labs, Im always above 100. Protection starts above 80. Do you know where your levels were and the lab that drew them?
Letro is the worst AI. It is the strongest w the most sides. It is WAY overkill for 240mg t. It will cause your E2 to spike due to over shutting it down. You will get an E2 rebound. Slowly start reducing it and get rid of it. Give that a mo and I guarantee youll feel better. If you are dead set on an AI go to Exemestane 12.5mg 1-2x wk but im telling you if you dont have gyno cut it out and youll be much healthier. Im happy to share tons of medical studies on the importance of E2 in men. The medical community has this totally backwards.

Elevated ALT/AST (liver) can be from letro or notorisoly exercise. Anyone who lifts typically has elevated. How high were your enzymes? E2 will not ever raise liver enzymes.

yellowing could be jaundice. How bad is your liver? Get some glutathione and do injections to help repair the damage. Could also be from antibiotics or many other things. ITs hard to say without seeing labs.

On average the body holds 8-12 pints of blood, if donating 1 pint, that's roughly 10% of total plasma volume..
Free and total testosterone would logically be inclusive in that 10% of donated blood..

This is not true... Androgens stimulate production of erythropoetin in the kidneys which in turn signal bone marrow in long bones to product red blood cells. There is numerous data that supports this both as personal anecdotes from the thousands of people on some sort of androgen therapy along with the purpose of using androgens as a treatment method for anemia. The major use of anadrol (oxymetholone) was to raise rbc in women with anemia.

Testosterone and hyperbaric chambers work in completely different ways. Even the name of the treatment tells you that: hyper-Baric meaning high pressure. The pressure gradient along with the concentration of oxygen in hyperbaric chambers super saturates the body through active means (the pressure itself, Henry's law) along with vía passive diffusion because of concentration differences of oxygen outside the body being higher than inside.

Polycythemia vera is not related to platelets... It's red blood cells. Thrombocytosis is elevated platelet count. PCV has the issue of increasing blood viscosity which can cause issue with flow in vessels (fluid dynamics in physics: viscosity combined with vessel radius/diameter, and cross sectional area significantly impacts flow, Poiseuille’s law). Thrombocytosis has the issue of actual clot formation as evidenced by its name "thrombo" meaning "clotting" such as a deep vein thrombosis (deep vein clot).

You come in here spewing nonsense that is actively harmful to our community and attempt to use complex words to gain the trust and recognition of others. This is a verbal warning that spewing harmful nonsense will not be tolerated here.