• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Does anyone remember the Chicago "hot dope" from 05-07-ish? Was that a real thing?

TacoSundae

Greenlighter
Does anyone remember the Chicago "hot dope" from 05-07-ish? Was that a real thing?

Allegedly it was some junk that was bumped up with way too much fentanyl and it was making people OD left and right. I remember hearing about it when it was happening but there doesn't exactly seem to be a deluge of quality information on it now. Anyone know what it was? If it's still happening (and where)? What the body count was (rough estimates will do as long as they're motivated by decent data)?

I'd love to get personal accounts as well as (credible) journalistic and scientific analyses. Anything you can tell without incriminating yourself or anyone you know, please share. If there's a thread about this I should be directed to, please point me in the right direction. Please do not implicate yourselves or any individuals. I'm more interested in the composition and chemistry of the product/whether or not it was as dangerous as I've heard/how lethal it was among the: hard junkie, habitual user, casual user, etc.

All insight is appreciated.

There's been fentanyl dope going around on the east coast for years....A lot of the time, it would come in bone white chunks....When you mixed water with it to inject, it would come back completely clear, and as soon as you shot it, the rush was overwhelmingly strong and would make you nod and see double for 3-4 hours....It Didn't last as long as real H though....

I know there's all different types of fentanyl as well and I never had the dope tested, so....
Yeah, I saw a lot of that dope in '07 '08 on the east coast, and quite a few people OD'd. Although I've ran into it before and since then, I think it's always been around....
Some sources say that "china white" is actually fentanyl, But what I consider to be china white is different...
It usually has more of a cornstarch consistency. It's white in powder form but turns brown when you put water on it..Not as strong of a rush, but overall a more euphoric, longer lasting high....
Scientifically useless, I know but...

You can google the info you are seeking. People in Chicago were ODing big time from the dope.